• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
I think the worst part is being death sick and getting the relief shot knowing you'll feel even worse tommorow

feeling hot and bloated

no energy but heart rate is heigthened

Ugh, yes it does. :p

Is it part of a greater plan, like to get clean, or are you just out? That seems to make a difference.

Has anyone else noticed the foul smell one's sweat has while dopesick? I had to throw away several cotton t-shirts I had worn last summer during ctwd. Even after several washings, they still smelled like dirty ashtrays or something. The sweating itself is bad enough, but the horrible odor just makes it even worse. I even had to switch antiperspirants after getting clean, as the smell of the one I was using during w/d reminded me of how I smelled during that time, and would make me sick to my stomach all over again.

Cold, clammy, nasty sweats. Good times, good times! 8)

god i remember those times with my ex we shared everything , in a 10 foot room the smell when we got sick was terrible

I think the worst part is being death sick and getting the relief shot knowing you'll feel even worse tommorow

Yep, all you want to do is escape from the withdrawals and the mess you made of your life but it just keeps getting worse everytime. Frustrating shit.

One of the worst aspects of withdrawal for me is attempting to go into work and at like a normal human being. My withdrawals from poppy tea are not particularly severe since it is oral morphine but it is hard as hell to get up early in the morning and go through the motions of being a normal human being when all you want to do is lay down.

Then you actually get to work and have to talk with other human beings. I remember when I got fired from my job I had to go to several job interviews while I was sick because I wanted to pass a drug test and couldn't risk using poppy tea if I wanted to pass anytime soon.

The worst for me was withdrawing both hydrocodone 80 to 100 mg a day and oxycodone 90 to 105 mg a day as well as a muscle relaxer and xanax. i was bad and took way more than prescribed and this time couldnt find any to buy. i puked for days. well, dry heaved anyway. anyone ever passed out? I did twice. RLS is the worst thing in the world sometimes. Sleeping for20 mins at a time bites, too. but the hot/cold flashes and yawning and runny nose bites too.

so Im thinking Ill just be good and not run out ever again. The weird thing is that even though I have my meds now, I still dont feel right. I have zero energy and when I stand up I feel like my chest wants to cave in or something. that happen to anyone?

if we are counting tobacco as a drug then smokes for me. i am content with still smoking but i am tired of everyone to tell me to stop.
so tobacco gets my vote.

Yeah me too. Not really a withdrawl, just sucks trying to quit. I'm actually trying to quit cigs right now, but it's a bitch to stop. If quitting smokes is this bad I couldn't imagine WDs from H or tweak. :(

LSD

I was dropping LSD at least once a week, even though I wasn't enjoying my trips I still had an urge to drop.

I quit now, but for a while I thought I was insane and had serious depression for 9months.

A year ago from today I was an LSD junkie/mess

Opiates + Nicotine simultaneously.
I had to experience that wonderful withdrawal while going through a 25 hour bus ride with 4 layovers and no sleep. Not fun at all. I spent equal amounts of time about to fly into a blinding rage and about to cry and just give up on life. Most miserable time I've ever had.

when I withdrew from trams last month I felt like shit, that was after being on 400 mg a day for 5 months, then I got more, this time I'm on my 3rd day without any and I'm just like eh, I have codiene syrup, for when I feel like shit, I have to take care of a two year old all day so I don't really have much room to worry about silliness like "how I feel" just take a swig from the syrup and keep it moving, when my tram comes it comes, till then weed and codiene have staved off virtually most of the withdrawals which I am very surprised it is doing such a good job of~!

methadone. ive kicked heroin 1000 times and it was never as bad as methadone wd's. i was on it for 1.5 yrs. went from 30mg to 120mg back down to 90mg, then i got locked up and had to go cold turkey.. on day four i tried to hang myself in my cell and got put on suicide watch...

ahh, good times! you would think that would have tought me a lesson, but nooo.

Probably the worst one-off w/d I've experienced was going cold turkey off of a gram+ per day IV heroin habit at the same time as coming off a high dose of long-term paroxetine (Seroxat/Paxil) treatment. That was truly hellish. The massive dose of diphenhydramine I took to try to get a few hours sleep on the second or third day didn't exactly improve things either :|

*shudders*

The experimental rehab treatment I went through was not exactly fun either. 32mg of bupe (Subutex) with a daily doubled dose of naltrexone was pure hell. I lasted 4 days which was at the point the naltrexone was up to half a standard dose given to avoid relapse. Bizarre idea for treatment - get the patient high as shit then feed them naltrexone till they can't take it any more. Never did get past that pilot stidy and go on to wider use thankfully - maybe I took one for the team :D

methadone. ive kicked heroin 1000 times and it was never as bad as methadone wd's. i was on it for 1.5 yrs. went from 30mg to 120mg back down to 90mg, then i got locked up and had to go cold turkey.. on day four i tried to hang myself in my cell and got put on suicide watch...

ahh, good times! you would think that would have tought me a lesson, but nooo.

yes. yes. and yes. heroin WD is REALLY bad for a week but methadone is really bad for a month.
also to all the people saying LSD or MDMA is the worst... be happy you haven't had opiate WDs

Oxymorphone, Hydromorphone, Morphine, and Oxycodone w/d all at the same time. I was using a nice amount of whatever I could get ahold of. Almost went into convulsions during the peak of the first day.

Last edited:
Cocaine.

D-amphetamine.

(especially if you mix cocaine with d-amphetamine.... yikes)

Long-term Morphine/Hydromorphone use.

Long-term Methadone use.

For some, even Cannabis can have bad psychological withdrawl symptoms.

I don't wanna flame or dicksize, so just take this question for what it is:

Do those of you who have had bad meth/coke/MDMA WD's (is there such a thing?) really think they compare to severe opioid withdrawals?

I used opioids for years before ever experiencing the actual severe WD's they can cause. Quitiing oxy at 100mg/day after a couple months use will produce some discomfort, but hardly the withdrawals we are talking about here. Try taking an opioid at high dose all day evey day for a year and then going to jail and you will quickly discover the difference.

I ask this question honestly because I, too, have quit coke, MDMA, etc. I will admit being depressed and irritable, maybe run down similar to very mild opioid WD's. But nothing at all compared to withdrawing from high dose Opana abuse, which damn near killed me.

Speaking of severity, one of the biggest myths perpetrated in the media and in lots of medical literature is the notion that opioid WD's are never fatal. This is simply not true. My cellmate died from oxy withdrawals two years ago. He was taking 400mg and more a day for over a year straight.

In fact, the women they arrested here in Utah for oxy robberies were reported as having "killed themselves" in jail, but the word around those in the know was that they, too, died from severe WD's on day four.

Anyway, just wanted to know what the real severe WD's from those other drugs was really like.

Also, I might add that the valium WD's I had lasted for weeks. I did a report here while going through them, you can look it up. It was like a six week bad acid trip with moderate opioid WD's thrown in!

S-

Imodium Liquid always help me cope when i w/d from dope.... like 6mg every 5 hours.. helps a bunch...

that was my worst w/d drug...