• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

What is the worst drug to have withdrawals from?

• Heroin

Votes: 100 13.5%
  • Methadone

Votes: 98 13.2%
  • Oxymorphone

Votes: 27 3.6%
  • Tramadol

Votes: 22 3.0%
  • Benzodiazepines

Votes: 292 39.3%
  • GHB/GBL

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • Alcohol

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • Meth/Amphetamines

Votes: 39 5.2%
  • Cocaine/Crack

Votes: 13 1.7%
  • Ketamine

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • SSRI/SNRI/MAOI/TCA/TeCA antidepressants

Votes: 21 2.8%
  • Other Opiates/Opioids

Votes: 65 8.7%

• Total voters
all of the physical stuff really sucks, but IMO the mindfuck is the worse part. it makes the physical stuff seem worse because you spend so much time concentrating on it and you cant hold a rational thought so, therefore you cant work or hold a valid relationship or function in life. your mind fucks into doing stupid shit. like goin on bluelight and reading about heroin over and over again... sick as fuck right now. talked to my guy a few hours ago and he said he'd be good. i got excited as hell. then he called back and said its no good. i got so depressed you would have thought my mother died... it's all bad, but i think that if i can find a way to shut my brain off, then the other stuff dont seem so bad. case in point, xanies!

Depression
Restless leg--I spaz the fuck out every night while w/ding bad
Insomnia- I cant sleep due to the legs. Hot and cold, general uncomfortableness
Tingly electric shock feeling through the skin

Anyone notice that the w/d symtoms are at its worst only at nights? Like its more bearable during the day some how. Maybe its just me

Lameness in everything
fein all day
RLS
Insomnia
It hurts when i take a shiit!@
Food taste a little different for me (experienced this with benzo w/d also) but on a much more intense level

yes mystery brew at night it does seem to be the worst, during the day im just really uncomfotable, irratable, anxious, pain in legs. Its because your focused on going to sleep, during the day you take y our mind of them a bit by staying active

I have never looked like the exorcist with drawing though
be thnkful its short lived though, benzo w/d is forever embedded in my brain, haunts the shit out of me

Last edited:
on a different note. one thing i experience when in the state of withdrawal/psychosis/insomnia is a heightened emotional sensitivity to music, almost a psychedelic/synesthetic kind of expansion of the psyche's response to notes and compositions. i almost enjoyed being moved to uncontrollable tears by some trippy delicately composed soundscapes by aphex or autechre etc.. its quite a beautiful thing but very painful to experience at the same time...

Missing some of the people you used with. The ones I used with are different from me. They have self control and are good looking people with decent lifes. I miss some of them to death. Ever tho back of my head they are not real friends. I still miss them.

The horrid insomnia is something i have a hard time to deal with. I'm so looking forward to rehab in few weeks!

The worst kick for me was in the winter it was my first time trying to commit to a full kick. I was working outside at the time and I used to drive a roll off truck so I would have to be at work at 4:30 am, it was so fucking cold it felt like the wind was blowing through my bones and then get in the truck get warm start sweating and then get back out and be all wet and start freezing all over again. Besides that the anxiety and depression is a mind fuck.

The WD's are absolutely horrible -- and mind you, almost beyond comfortable discussion -- and I am going head-first into it right now because the pharmacy is fucking with me. Bullshit...
Anyway, I think it's different on some small aspects for everybody, but on the large scale... it's the same. It sucks, some of it is indescribable. The way your body actually feels can't really be classified in anyway except "pain", but it's not really... pain... I don't know, complex stuff what those opiates do to your nerves and shit. Makes me wish I never would have started when I have to do even a day of WD's.
That's all I got. My first post, haha. Later dudes.

insomnia + mindfuck + crippling depression + lethargy

I started drinking to knock myself out and now I am dealing with that. at least I am off the poppy-goodness. I wish that doctors could prescribe opiates for general anxiety because i was a functional junkie; just couldn't handle it financially. now the booze gives me more anxiety. luckily my doc understands and he gave me a month's worth of xanax to let me sleep.

hot baths and jumping-jacks got me through the acute WD's. now i am hoping meditation and exercise and healthy food (good thing i like to cook) get me back to a normal place. i feel myself coming back day by day. although i've had about 7 glasses of wine over the past few hours. at least i will sleep tonight. oh and i have been 9 weeks off a 1-year daily PPT habit. good luck all.

its been about 2 months since i last went through w/d but one of the crappy parts was waiting for it to end. every night i would get in bed thinking its gotta be better tomorrow, but it never was. every day i'd wake up with that lightheaded disorientated feeling and it wouldn't be better. i was coming off of poppys though and it lasted some 8-10 days. i had no money either and finally got some on like the 9th day, but i couldn't get high that day and had to wait till the next day. i actually felt good the next day for the first time and proceeded to get high right away, at like 11:15 AM. went and got my haircut and got some real food since i finally got money and enjoyed being high as a kite the whole day. i feel like i want to relive that day but cant.

this thread makes me feel lucky because i've sat and shat and sneezed and shaked and Fuckin not slept so many times. a year ago i got on suboxone to try to save some money so i could get high more in the long run. and then i kinda just decided to just chill and get over dope while i can. and then i had 2 go for the emergency room for some unrelated issues and the called my dr when i failed the drug test for herb. i got kicked out at 8mg and i had enough pills left to taper down to 4. i got a bottle of thompson some green and some propanalol which my doctor said is like clonidine but might help more with my sleep. im 7 days out and all i got was horrid Fuckin anxiety that made me want to rip myself apart and i was feeling terrible after 4 days without sleep i felt Fuckin terrible. but knowing that was it for me and that there wasnt gonna be ne more dope really made it alot easier. i just felt really sick and shitty but as a normie. not as a junkie. any way so far i've been able to start getting a little bit of sleep but it still feels like an uphill battle. im tryin and in really gonna feel like a pussy if i fail.

the most torturous part of W/D is knowing that dope exists and that it would be SOOOO EASSY to just do a shot and feel like heaven. it's like this OCD mindset where you keep hanging onto that impossible potential...you know--like it would be so easy to get high....but there's just no money or dope around. also, when i'm out of town and I drive by pharmacies knowing how freaking close the dope is, yet it's so fucking unatainable....sorry, i'm kinda jonesing right now

the depression and cramps. sleeplessness even though you are tired as hell. your legs and muscles tightening up, sweating when you are cold. then getting under the covers and burning up...you cannot be more uncomfortable then when you are w/d

the cold chills, the nightmares, and the worst is the restless leg thing! its horrible, just lying the trying to sleep but you cant because you cant sit still. W/D is the worst feeling in the entire world for sure. i wouldnt wish it on my first enemy.

When coming off an OC binge for some time, the worse are the stomach cramps, your in so much pain you just wanna scream. Then the depression and insomnia takes it toll. Puking isn't fun either as you can't hold down any food in your stomach.

-PLUR

the depression is the worst for myself.

i mean the RLS, back aches, cold chills, insomnia, nasuea, all suck but the god damn depression is what gets me.

I drive by pharmacies knowing how freaking close the dope is, yet it's so fucking unatainable....sorry, i'm kinda jonesing right now

i get that too. ill drive by a pharmacy and just think of all the drugs i would enjoy, i think about workin in a pharmacy, i think about robbin the pharmacy, i think about makin friends or bribing the pharmacists. i have even thought about becomming a pharmacy technician. what i am sayin is i get uncontrollable thoughts about drugs whenever i pass a pharmacy. and this is especially rough during WD's b/c there is a god damn pharmacy on almost every corner

I get that to ^ ^

My mom is on pain management as well and is also scripted benzos. We have a give and take relationship but mama dukes is always generous.... so its hard staying 100% off opiates and seeing her nod off on fentanyl, percocet, and xanax.

The Leg pains!! I am on 30 mg Opana 3 times daily and I wake up every morning with excrutiating leg pains. I should have never started snorting them, but oh well, I get more pain relief though the day and a very mild but pleasant opiate "warmth" for an hour or 2. Nothing like the feeling when I was on H.

The leg pains/cramps are 100 times worse than evey other opiate I have ever been on, legal or illegal.