Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

IV dexies

my innerself

Bluelighter
I had a search around and am looking for info on IV'ing dexies.

1. can you do it?
2.what would be a good dose?

I am experienced at IV'ing ice and was told by a mate that you can IV dexies by crushing them up, adding water and sucking up the liquid through a clean cigerette filter. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pills, irrespective of their active ingredients have a large quantities of inert, insoluble, material. A cigarette filter will not remove it. Also from memory cigarette filters are not particular good for one either, something to do with the fibres to breaking off. Also I doubt the filters on cigarettes are particularly hygienic.

If your really insistent on doing this pick up some micron filters from your chemist.

Secondly Dexamphetamine is soluble, "1:10 in water, 1:500 in alcohol 95%"

Not that I understand ratios too well however as with the CWE process for extracting codeine from inert materials, it would appear you could extract Dexamphetamine.

Thus one should wash the material several times over, use proper filters (several times over) and then start with small doses.

Imagine your first batch as a trial, start with a very small dose and work yourself up till and affect is felt.

MMMM-whats IV ice like? i'd imagine Dex wouldn't compare, thou a bunch of Ritalins prepd may-they say it's like Coke.

^^IV ice is awesome if your into meth and your familiar with it, I know people who have just straight up IV'd ice for their first time even using the stuff and said they didnt feel a rush. Its an aquired feeling IME. Meth IV is one of my fav things to IV, ritalin being probably my least favourite. Lots of people prefer to smoke though because its more fun and sociable, id like to have a shot, then go out and smoke with friends(I am/was a closet junkie)

Im sure you can IV dexies if you have a micron filter and maybe a larger syringe, if you can IV morphine pills that gel then Id say with the right technique you'd be able to IV most pills(dont do this though). Its playing with fire doing it without a micron filter though, not smart at all. Just because a shot looks clear doesnt mean its safe. Im sure someone has done it before and would know ratios for water and all that. I wouldnt know coz ive only IV'd ritalin and pain pills, not sure if ive ever even done dexies, I think I may have about 5 years ago.

+1 on what has been said; a micron filter is a must for this and shooting pills is a dangerous idea anyway.

If you miss a shot you prepared from a pill, be prepared for a greater risk of infection or abscess with increased complications (e.g. amputation).

Also, long term shooting of pills can cause problems as the insoluble particles build up in the circulatory system; this can cause damage to your heart, lung, brain, eyes and other organs.

thanks for the advice guys, I have decided to just take them the old fashioned way. Danging these things really sounds like a bad idea now, thanks again.

my innerself said:
thanks for the advice guys, I have decided to just take them the old fashioned way. Danging these things really sounds like a bad idea now, thanks again.

good man! I always assume people have made up their mind before posting so good to see you care enough about your health to listen to advice. :\

there are pill filters you can use to help remove binders and stuff out of the mix before injection, its a little time consuming sometimes tricky but also reduces the risk a little more

Link to sterifilt

More on wheel filters which are the most common

this is the really basic brochure put out by an org that i know very well

there was a really good discussion of iv meth use in this thread that talks about alot of different harm reduction measures while IVing

also, if you have IVed ice before, Dex is very different, how are you going to make sure that the substance has not been in someones mouth before- unless youare guarunteed that what you get is sterile dont IV it

There is a lot of binders in dexies and other ingrediants to make the pills. To avoid a really, really bad ending just don't do it or filter it at least.

Its just as easy to crush and snort and it's like good old amphetimine.

A good dose would be 50 mgs or ten tablets orally, not sure what IV Dose would be be maybe 25-50 mg depending on tolerance.

Just for anyone wanting some info on safer injecting practices, if your going to shoot pills and you live in sydney, go to NUAA in surry hills. I took the very long trip out there a few weeks ago and recieved micron filters, syringes, needles and hepatoid cream(think its how you spell it) for free and I hear they have alot of other useful things there. I love that place and wouldnt go anywhere else if I didnt live so far away, but the awesome thing is they said they can send micron filters via the mail if you cant get there so that is fucking awesome I think, the people that work there are legends, all they want to do is help out so if you live around there then id check it out. Even if you IV but dont shoot pills then they can help out tremendously. I advise going to see these people if you IV anything.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about NUAA(I think it stand for Needle Users and AIDS association or something) in Surry Hills or any other harm reduction organisations because im too willing to help out.

Last edited:
^ It's Hirudoid cream. Actually there's not much evidence that it does jack - but it's meant to be good for bruising/scarring. Just don't apply until the hole you just made in your arm has stopped bleeding - or you'll just make things worse.

For Victoria - pill filters can be obtained from all the big fixed needle exchanges, and also VIVAIDS (Vic equivalent to NUAA).

Sterifilt would be OK for the odd pill whack - but not for regular pill inecting; it's only a 10um filter so not quite good enough.

Incidentally - I've linked this before but truly exceptional paper on effectiveness of different filters here

Hirudoid cream, sunshine and regular swimming in salt water has helped my tracks heal pretty well. Theyre still pretty visible but nowhere near as bad as they were.

Glad you decided not to do it My_Innerself ;)

Try snorting them first.....for a taste of what banging will be like, you might find it too harsh to be pleasant i do however at times shoot ice and its great.

I have blasted Ritalin and it fucking excellent, use a wheel fislter of fuck urself up.

As for doing 50mg thats way over the top for a first go id start with 10 or 15mg (2 or 3 pills)

U will probably find the careful preparation needed to do it safely isnt worth the hassle just eat them.