• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Fun with Klonopin (clonezepam)

Jo Momma

Bluelighter
now i know Klonopin is a benzo like xanax, but what exactly are the difference? I usually take between 1.5 and 3mgs of xanax to feel good.
i guess what i'm asking is how many mgs for recreational value without passin out? and how would YOU compare them to xanax?

they have a longer halflife than Xanax so they're going to last longer, etc. Lingering effects are going to, well, linger longer. 2mgs is a good dose for someone just starting to use Klonopin. Be safe when trying a new benzo, different benzos affect people very differently.

well it really depends cause there is a CROSS TOLERANCE with benzos,so you could need anywhere from 3-6mg or even more(all this depends on how long you have been takin xanax to feel "good")
klonopin last longer than xanax ,alot of people like the shorter acting benzos to the longer,but me i dont really care

klonopin/rivatrol also has a reputation for anterograde amnesia.. especially doing a lot of it, you're quite likely to wake up 10 or 12 hours later and wonder what you did. oh, you'll be conscious, you just won't remember anything you did... i'm not sure how likely it is, but i've known people who took clonazepam medicinally and had some amnesia from it.

I took 2mg of Klono. and passed out and hour later, why, im not sure cause ive taken much more than that in the past, so i guess youll just have to experiment. my tollorance seems to change time to time.

"klonopin/rivatrol also has a reputation for anterograde amnesia.. especially doing a lot of it, you're quite likely to wake up 10 or 12 hours later and wonder what you did. oh, you'll be conscious, you just won't remember anything you did... i'm not sure how likely it is, but i've known people who took clonazepam medicinally and had some amnesia from it. "
thats with ALL benzos,but there are sompeople that can get by just fine.
me ,the first time i tried k-pins was only .5mg and i couldnt remember all of the movie that i had watched the night before(but i also drank 4 beers with it so go figure)

I have to go with Hydro on this one. Since you take 1.5-3mgs of Xanix to feel good. 6mg of Klonopin would be a proper dose or even more depending on how often you take benzo's. I don't think there nowhere as good as Xanix but there alright to get twisted with...

Originally posted by Roches:
klonopin/rivatrol also has a reputation for anterograde amnesia.. especially doing a lot of it, you're quite likely to wake up 10 or 12 hours later and wonder what you did. oh, you'll be conscious, you just won't remember anything you did... i'm not sure how likely it is, but i've known people who took clonazepam medicinally and had some amnesia from it.
I must say that Roches is completely correct - I took 6 mg of Klonopin, fell asleep, and woke up 8 hours later thinking I was fine and it wore off. Then I wrecked my car... The moral of the story is: Be SAFE when trying a new benzo, you can always eat more but never less...

6mg of Klonopin would be a proper dose or even more
Don't recomend someone to take 6mgs of Klonopin who has never taken it before. I'm betting if he takes 6mgs for his first time he'll drop in a matter of minutes.
twisted
you're a fucking moron.

The poster can handle 3mg of xanax so he/she can certainly handle 6mg of Klonopin. And if he cant, whats the worst that;s gonna happen? He'll fall asleep. Big fuckin deal.

I get the feeling the original poster is looking for a workable recreational dose, not a dose that will make him fall asleep. Why not start low and work up? He's not using them after a comedown as a tool, he's not shooting to pass out. Then again, that's my interpretation of it and I could be wrong.

Plus, Klonopin is really one of the worst Benzos to overdose on. You'll fall alseep for a good many hours and then wake up still feeling groggy and disoriented. It's really not fun that way. Best to work up slowly to your desired reacreational level.

Honestly, Benzos are probably the worst things to get addicted to. Extreme Benzo withdrawals can be fatal. When I was in a detox, I was with a girl kicking 10 years of Benzos. She looked like the walking dead..

And the skin of polar bears is actually black. It's fur is transparent, and when layered, gives the bear a white appearance.

EDITED - Hydro, homey, lets take a few deep breaths and NOT let this get out of control..
[ 21 July 2002: Message edited by: PhreeX ]

These are different chemicals, dude. And with every new chemical you ingest, you should start low and work up. I can promise you there is not a 100% cross tolerance between xanax and klonopin. Benzos with long half lives should really be taken with a little more care and caution, cause it sucks if you want to drink and pop some benzos and end up sleeping the whole night. The worst that could happen is you miss a night of partying with friends, but that would suck even if it is a common occurence.
Plus what if someone jacked onto your face while you were passed out at a party? Are you saying you like people to jack off on your face when you're unconcsious?

Umm... even with cross tolerance, I think 6 mg is a little high. Klonopin is approximately twice as strong as Xanax. I take half the dose I would of Xanax to get where I want on Klonopins. I have a link to the site with the relative strengths of various benzos, but I'm not on my comp. It was in a post some time ago. I'm not real sure if it's been purged yet. But I am very confident in my personal experiences with Klonopin. 6 mg is too high for a first run. 2 should be fine.

The first time I took Kolonopin I took 4 mgs. I think that was a good dose but I have a weird tolerence for Benzo's which sucks cause they're some of my faveorite pills. I didn't know at the time how many miligrams I was taking, but I agree with most of the replys and I would start with 2 mgs I think that would be enuff and not to much for the average person. Peace.

You don't understand. As with any new chemical that you're introducing to your body, you should always start low and build up. There is a cross tolerance between mushrooms and acid but I wouldn't recommend someone to eat 400mics of LSD after eating and handling a quarter of mushrooms. Start low and build up. This is the problem with too many people, and why so many people get into trouble with drugs. They think they know it all and with their knowledge are even more reckless than they would be ignorant. Quite silly, actually.
Yes, I understand that Xanax and Klonopins are both benzos, I have taken both and am familiar with both, but still wouldn't recomend someone a high dose for thier first dose. You my friend, don't understand anything.