Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Do you take amphets or meth?

Boxtrot

Bluelighter
Just trying to understand what sort of interest and usage there are between the 2 in Aus.

My understanding so far is if you just wanted to stay awake longer and make it easy to concentrate for such purpose as studying and you could obtain Amphetamines, then you'd have no other reason to take meth?

But for any other reason meth would be a better option?

Im trying to figure this out because the way i see it is i like the idea of amphetamines not being so full on, but if it appears that it's next to impossible to get amphetamines because there's so much meth out there then i wouldn't even bother. But im thinking of getting a reagent tester to test between the 2 so i can maybe make an effort to get amphets over meth.

depends which state you're in i guess, speed is quiet available in VIC area, but in SA tis mostly methy

Well whats probably going to happen in this thread is people are going to say "this or that" is available "here or there". No real way of knowing but i guess someone were to own a reagent tester in vic that could get amphets more specifically, then i would believe that it's possible what i've had is either amphets or meth based on what i previously thought.

Which is contrary to someone else on this forum telling me bla bla if ur in vic it's all meth.

Methylamphetamine is pretty much the only thing available in Australia.

Ice is meth and speed is still meth just not as pure as regular meth/ice.

I have pretty much never come across amphetamine sulfate or any other dialog along those lines in Australia before. Unless you are talking about the pharmaceutical amphetamines which I have..

The only difference between the two types available in Australia is the way they are made and the quality of the two, plus you usually can't smoke plain old speed compared to ice because it has been cut to much.

The reason why meth is so prevalent over amphetamine is that it's easily made from the precursor pseudoephedrine. While an analogous precursor exists for amphetamine (phenylpropanolamine), it is not sold in Australia.

Therefore the only way to produce illicit amphetamine is via lengthy procedures, requiring several chemicals. Most of these routes produce a racemic product; half is active (dextro isomer) and the other half (levo isomer) has very little noticable activity.

Meth on the other hand is produced from the biologically active, single isomer of pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, which in turn produces only the dextro isomer of methamphetamine.

Almost all amphetamine sold illegally in this country comes from prescribed dexamphetamine. While some may be imported from Europe, where both it and it's precursor PPA are widely available, I would suggest this would be minimal compared to the availability of meth in Australia.

To test for either you'll require secondary (for meth, MDMA etc) and primary amine (amphetamine, MDA etc) kits.

phase_dancer said:
The reason why meth is so prevalent over amphetamine is that it's easily made from the precursor pseudoephedrine. While an analogous precursor exists for amphetamine (phenylpropanolamine), it is not sold in Australia.

Therefore the only way to produce illicit amphetamine is via lengthy procedures, requiring several chemicals. Most of these routes produce a racemic product; half is active (dextro isomer) and the other half (levo isomer) has very little noticable activity.

Meth on the other hand is produced from the biologically active, single isomer of pseudoephedrine or ephedrine, which in turn produces only the dextro isomer of methamphetamine.

Almost all amphetamine sold illegally in this country comes from prescribed dexamphetamine. While some may be imported from Europe, where both it and it's precursor PPA are widely available, I would suggest this would be minimal compared to the availability of meth in Australia.

To test for either you'll require secondary (for meth, MDMA etc) and primary amine (amphetamine, MDA etc) kits.

Great answer phase dancer. I havn't seen amphetamine in Australia since the late 80's. Its all meth now. I'm sure there are batches cooked up, but it would be limited.

Ok fair enough, i guess im just a little hung up on the name, meth just sounds bad but it is what it is.

Whats worse, high dosage or consistancy?

Like if u had a gram of "speed" meaning cut meth, one day of the weekend, or say a point each day over a week, what would be worse?

Really? A while back people in OD were complaining about Desoxyn not being as good as street meth, and quite a few people chimed in saying that street meth was better because it was both isomers. Good to know the truth.

I would say consitency would be more harmful in the long run...although doing a whole gram over a day isn't too 'healthy' either really.

There's a good thread around this forum somewhere called 'healthy tweaking' (oxymoron if there ever was one, I know) which has some good pointers about keeping healthy while on tweak.

Really? A while back people in OD were complaining about Desoxyn not being as good as street meth, and quite a few people chimed in saying that street meth was better because it was both isomers. Good to know the truth.

Yes, it's often claimed that a racemic mixture produces a different high, perhaps preferred by some. However, in terms of potency, there's no doubt the dextro isomer is far stronger.

Yeah, I have a study lurking in the depths of my HDD somewhere that compared the two, pure d- and d- l- 70:30. People reported a better experience with the mixture.

PD: Thanks for the info on the precursor for amphetamine (phenylpropanolamine). I have wondered this for many years now why on earth you would bother cooking amp instead of m-amp. But it all makes sense now. I just thought those Brits were a bit slow :)

I've been fortunate enough recently to come across 4Methylaminorex.
Since doing so I have decided that I will no longer do methamphetamine as I don't get scattered or agressive like I do on methamphetamine.
Get more bang for your buck too, I find it much more productive.

4-FMA is a great stim if you don't want to be up for 3 days and aggressive/scattered. I really enjoyed it.

rm2x said:
I've been fortunate enough recently to come across 4Methylaminorex.
Since doing so I have decided that I will no longer do methamphetamine as I don't get scattered or agressive like I do on methamphetamine.
Get more bang for your buck too, I find it much more productive.

Agreed, quite a handy drug to have around, good for lots of reasons, and feels amazing with some MDMA.

Jakeperson said:
Agreed, quite a handy drug to have around, good for lots of reasons, and feels amazing with some MDMA.

It reminds me of methylphenidate for some reason, don;t know why.
Will hopefully be enjoying some with MDMA very soon, looking forward to it.

Well after reading that i think the route ill use to decide what i want is going to be what i know i like. Ill never buy ice or shards. But what i do get is either the beige rock or the lighter colored yellow rocks. I've found anything else which usually looks like crushed up shards and is very powdery to be a lot more chargy, more talkative and a really clear headed feeling which im not to keen on.

Where as the yellow/beige rocks are more of a dopamine feeling than anything else which i could also put down to is the antihistamines counter-acting the original meth type feelings. I say this because im told the reasoning behind this is the antihistamines have been left in there from the pseudo-ephedrine extraction.

***No synthesis questions. - Mr Blonde***

Last edited by a moderator: