Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Paranormal State/Ghost Hunters/ GHI ??

RoxiPoppyGirl

Bluelighter
Anyone here watch these shows? I'm a big fan although i do believe some of it is staged. But, i also think some of it is real. I'm more ready to believe Paranormal state than Ghost hunters though. I haven't decided if i believe in the paranormal yet. I have had some 'strange' things happen to me but nothing that I'd say it's 100% proof.

I was just curious if anyone watched these shows and would enjoy have a thread about the shows and each episode etc.

the last episode of Paranormal state (the second ep of the evening- Monday) i couldn't even finish watching, i was to scared and i had to go to sleep after so i turned it off and watch the Olympics. These shows don't normally scare me, although i am terrified of the paranormal which is why i started researching it and watching these shows so i could over come my fears of it. But, yea.. that last episode really scared me. Ghost hunters on the other hand, never scares me.

Oh and I'll include Ghost hunters international as well= GHI.

I'd love to get some good talks going about these shows and the paranormal. Also feel free to debate on if the shows are real or now, have some fun with it.

Take care. look forward to your replies.

RPG

I really love shows about the paranormal and ghosts, even if they are stupid/fake/staged or whatever. Like you, I do not know if I believe in the paranormal, everything that is logical and rational tells me its all BS, but I just don't know. It's fun to think about it being real though because it is intriguing, because it is the unknown. But nothing even remotely paranormal has ever happened to me, so I just sort of fancifully enjoy hearing about ghost stories I guess.

I really like Paranormal State but I haven't seen it in a while. There can be some pretty scary episodes. I am overwhelmingly disappointed in Ghost Hunters (at least I think thats the title of the show, but thats what they claim to do on the show anyway) every time I watch it even though I want to like it. I like A Haunting on Discovery channel a lot. Sometimes those get kind of old though since they are strictly reenactments. That is why I like Paranormal State, it is more freaky, seems more "real" (I am using that term loosely, lol).

There is another show that was or still is on the Travel Channel, the hosts where British I think and they went to haunted hotels and buildings and such, travel spots I suppose, and that was actually very enjoyable to watch, I liked that one a lot, I just don't know what it is called or if it is even still on TV.

When is PS on? Anything else you recommend RPG (or others) to watch?

PS is on Monday nights right after Intervention. And the Travel channel's show is called "Most Haunted" but some say that show is all fake. I never watch that show. Also the Travel Channel is coming out with a new Paranormal show "Adventures with so and so" i forget the guys name but he's done paranormal shows before, one hours specials and he's caught some interesting stuff. But, i don't get the Travel Channel anymore, damn it. I have to wait till i upgrade my cable when i get my HD set up for more channels than i have now.

I think a lot is staged or fake but i think once in a while they catch something that is truly 'unexplained'..

RPG

RoxiPoppyGirl said:
I think a lot is staged or fake but i think once in a while they catch something that is truly 'unexplained'..

RPG

I was having this discussion with my partner the other day and we were trying to work out whether the show is actually filmed as it happens, or if it is filmed after the fact. It seems really "slickly" made and kinda fake. When they go to see the spirits the camera kinda shakes at the right time and stuff.

I watch Paranormal State all the time and A Haunting. I can't seem to get into Ghost Hunters. I have always been into the paranormal, I swear I have a ghost in my house that only seems to be in the den (of course where I am now) Don't want to hijack your thread going into detail. Anywho a thread about these shows/paranormal would be great.

J

^ I am not the creator of the thread but I would love to hear about your potential ghost!! RPG, is that okay? *bats eyelashes* ;)

Paranormal state really makes me mad. The subject matter is intense enough, and I HATE how they always add all sorts of special effects "spooky" flashes and sounds, etc. It's insulting to any real psychic or sensitive person who has dealt with this sort of thing before. I think it would be an excellent show besides this terrible effects nonsense.

I'm a big fan of tv shows on the paranormal. Paranormal State I have gotten into recently. With a lot of them, I don't doubt that the people actually believe that they are being haunted by something. My lack of belief actually comes from the psychics. Although I love Chip as a personality. I watch A Haunting when its on, it creeps me out if I watch it at night alone though. Also, there is TAPS, I'm pretty much sure that they do conduct unbias study. Unlike GHI, to me, its far to fake and actually a lil boring.

I'm not sure i 100% believe in psychics but i love Chip as well. He's an adorable older gay man lol

RPG

Pillthrill said:
I'm a big fan of tv shows on the paranormal. Paranormal State I have gotten into recently. With a lot of them, I don't doubt that the people actually believe that they are being haunted by something. My lack of belief actually comes from the psychics. Although I love Chip as a personality. I watch A Haunting when its on, it creeps me out if I watch it at night alone though. Also, there is TAPS, I'm pretty much sure that they do conduct unbias study. Unlike GHI, to me, its far to fake and actually a lil boring.

Yeah, I can't pin point what it is that makes me like him so much but I do.

I caught some strange light when I was at a cemetary at night. I just shot into the dark with my digital camera (so its not on the film) and I got this orange light that I can't explain.

Red_Lazer_Orb.jpg

That light is just a reflection of something or a bug etc. I don't think it's paranormal.

And yea, same here.. i don't know why i like Chip. Maybe because he reminds me of a older gay neighbor i had a few years ago who sadly died of aids. He was so sweet. I think thats why i like him..i don't know.

Some of his remarks and comments are kinda funny to and his facial expressions. I think he actually has a fan club now too.

He actually got his own show, a spin off of Paranormal State called "Psychic kids" But, i don't think it did to well. Although i enjoyed Chip i didn't care for the show to much. I doubt it will come back for another season. If they sparked it up a bit and made it a bit more exciting and changed the format a bit i think it would be better. If you didn't see any of the episodes you can watch them on youtube, it's called "Psychic kids" I think there was only like 8 episodes.

RPG

I definitely believe in the paranormal, but a lot of the tv shows that investigate the paranormal are fake and staged in my observation. Doesn't mean they're still not entertaining and informative.

TAPS seems to be pretty unbiased, as pillthrill said. i enjoy that one the most, as well as A Haunting. Haven't ever watched paranormal state i dont think.

i just watched the episode of GHI where they investigate dracula's castle. that was pretty cool. although they didn't find anything too conclusive, it would still be really exhilarating to walk through that castle and just let your adrenaline go for a ride.

I have seen psychic kids, its not really that interesting personally. But I think it was Chip's way of reaching out to kids who are scared of the same "gift" that he has.

I think Ghost Hunters (wednesday on scifi, the TAPS people) does the best job in being 'professional' and actually try and get legit proof of paranormal happenings.

My favorite was when they asked some 'psychic' fellow to 'read' one the people from the show. They taped the 'reading' in IR. Well, when the guy starts the 'reading' the IR goes all crazy and psychedelic. A cloud of crazy psychedelic color then flows from the 'psychic' to the man being 'read'.

It was pretty neat.

Then there are tons of tapes they have recorded with objects moving and being propelled without any noticable way of doing so.

Actually Ghost hunters is my fav for entertainment purposes. I've been a fan since the show first started but Paranormal State seems more real. I'm not saying Ghost Hunters fakes or stages anything but you never know.

On the Sci Fi forum, in the Ghost Hunters section there are tons and tons of skeptics who shoot down every piece of evidence and try to debunk it. It's rather interesting to see the skeptics and the believers go back and forth with it. You all should check it out. I go there at least once a day to read the forum.

Ooooooh Paranormal state is on tonight. You guys want to watch it together and talk here in the thread about what happens?

I actually bought a mini tape recorder to start doing my own EVP's but i got to scared to do it LOL.

I'd actually love to go on some ghost hunts but I'd have to take a few Xanax because i really do get scared and I'd only go if there was at least a group of 10 people.

I'm not sure what i believe yet. I think a larger part of me WANTS to believe. But another part of me feels that when you die... that's it, nothing! You go to whatever state you were before you were born-- you simply don't exist anymore. But, I don't know... I'm still very confused about it all.

I watch a lot of ghost cams on line and I have seen some unexplained stuff. I started researching the paranormal on my own about two years ago and in the last 6 months i got even more into it and now i have to sleep with the TV on because if i turn it off my mind starts to play tricks on me. I've tried to sleep with the TV off a few times and i can't because i start having anxiety. It's rather ridiculous really, I'm a grown woman, heck.. I'll be 40 in a few years. But, age has nothing to do with it, fear is fear lol.

I would never ever want to see ghost in my house, if i did I'd have a severe panic attack. But, if i saw a ghost somewhere other than my own house that would be pretty cool.

Oh and i agree, Chip does have an great way with kids.... he should keep working with them even if the show doesn't continue.

RPG

Last edited:
Its on A&E. I don't know what time. I know its after Intervention :D Its a loop of a few hours, so you can catch it on the 2nd round.

Pillthril and anyone else... are you going to be on line when it comes on? If so what time zone are you in? I'm in Pacific Standard time. Paranormal State doesn't start for another hour and a half here. I'm never on line that late but i can try. I'm already getting tired though.

If i can resist going to lay down I'll check in and see if you or anyone else is here when it comes on. I think it would be kind of fun to watch it together in a group and talk about what we are seeing. That is if most of us are on Pacific time, but we all are not probably.

I hope tonight's episode is good. Usually they're all pretty good. Once in a while there's a crappy episode.

If your a fan of Ghost Hunters we can do the same thing on Wednesday. Maybe we can make this a regular thing for us paranormal-fans. Would be kind of fun i think. I don't know... maybe that's a lame idea, maybe I'm lame lol

RPG