Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Pills, 2CI and event paramedics

sydkiwi

Bluelighter
Ok we got our hands on some 2CI at an event, having had 2CB before and enjoyed the experience but the dealer didn't have it on him but he did have 2CI so we thought we'd give it a try. 45mins after taking it, it starts coming up visually like really good acid. Over the next two hours progressivly it visually got stronger. After a panic attack along the lines of ok how many hours before do I see the exit on this? Winded up paying a visit to the first aiders hoping for an answer.

Firstly, the drug came as a cap so according to them, I'd taken E and since they couldn't find 2CI on the pill reports as far as they're concerned I've taken a drug that doesn't exist despite my mate telling them they'll find it on erowid. Not only did they proced to try and tell me that you can't hallucinate on pills (I'd agree if it was E I actually took) but on their form they were filling out they ticked Ketamine!!!!!! I'm sitting there and like I've had K before and it aint like this!

Moral of the story: get your drugs off a trusted source because I hate to think of some poor kid buying what they think is E off a dealer who doesn;t know what they're doing and 45mins later they're in for a big surprise. I assume if I was having a heart attack or ODing the guys in first aid would be of help.

Those paramedics need better informing if they are going to be working at a rave... Why don't they listen to us? Do they think we are all just druggies or some shit?

Even when you told them what you had I can't believe they were trying to tell you tat you had taken something else.

Unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
A similar thing happened to me during hospitalization following use of Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds; when I tried to explain what I had taken, they thought I was trying to tell them there was LSD in these seeds.

mushi mushi 88 said:
Those paramedics need better informing if they are going to be working at a rave... Why don't they listen to us? Do they think we are all just druggies or some shit?

Even when you told them what you had I can't believe they were trying to tell you tat you had taken something else.

Edit quote

You'd think so with 2CB making the rounds last year but apparently not

Last edited by a moderator:
Those paramedics need better informing if they are going to be working at a rave...

In the early days of doing HR outreach, I did just that. Word spread and we'd often see the first aid crew stroll over for a briefing before the start of an event. These days, when we work with paramedics, its not uncommon for them to ask us about new or novel drugs.

So how come I had a paramedic try and tell me I can't trip on pills?

I thought they would of known bout these research chems, well, at lest 2cb, and they should of known 2ce is similar in some ways.

Mmmm, always know what u take and what effects it will have.

The only thing I can say is.... Harm Reduction

Neither the OP or the paramedics knew what was taken because it was not tested!

Your story stinks of smelly old "Told you so".

Remember to know your drugs before ingesting them, don't believe what some dude at a festival tells you. 8(

^I agree, its pretty silly to blame paramedics for not knowing the drug YOU'VE taken. You should always research any chemical before taking it. FWIW, 2C-I is great if your expecting it I guess :)

Originally Posted by Sydkiwi
the dealer didn't have it on him but he did have 2CI so we thought we'd give it a try

Swillow I'm pretty sure he knew what he was taking and....

Originally Posted by Sydkiwi
my mate telling them they'll find it on erowid

The paramedics were told what he had taken.

So they should of looked it up so they knew what they were dealing with not just pass it off easily and say it was something else... That could in the long run kill somebody if they dealt with it in the wrong manner..

sydkiwi said:
Firstly, the drug came as a cap so according to them, I'd taken E and since they couldn't find 2CI on the pill reports as far as they're concerned I've taken a drug that doesn't exist despite my mate telling them they'll find it on erowid. Not only did they proced to try and tell me that you can't hallucinate on pills (I'd agree if it was E I actually took) but on their form they were filling out they ticked Ketamine!!!!!! I'm sitting there and like I've had K before and it aint like this!

Interesting.

So were these paramedics or event staff/volunteers like St Johns? And you said they were looking up PillReports?

Agnu said:
You took 2C-I expecting 2C-B because it sounds the same? Or maybe because it's a 2C-x you thought it would be similar? 2C-B, 2C-I, 2C-E etc. are all very different trips, you can't just rely on the fact that they have similar structure/sound similar. It's like as if you liked and were sweet with DMT so you went and took a 40mg dose of 5-MeO-DMT because they both have DMT in them and that's how much DMT you take...

Never actually had dmt and no I was not expecting 2CB because the person I got it off said it was definitly not and and also said had differant effects when handing it over. their exact words where unlike 2CB this is much more like taking acid.

Hoptis: It was probably St Johns :\ They had an iphone on them and tried looking it up on pillreports!

Last edited:
So were these paramedics or event staff/volunteers like St Johns? And you said they were looking up PillReports?

Some of the St Johns and Qld ambulance teams we work with have known about pill reports for years, and it and BL frequently come up in conversation. I often take print outs to events, particularly if there's dodgy pills reported locally. This is intended more for those workers who aren't up to date with what's around. Certainly government health bodies use PR. My first awareness of pill reports and Bluelight came from a department head at Q Health back in 99. Mind you, Harm minimisation in general was quite "fashionable" back then.

2CI is a funny 2C* compound. I have had it in the 20-50mg range some 20 or more times and it always has a different effect.

My friends especially have had alot of trouble with it (we're experianced in 2cb, 2cii, 2ce, 2c-t7 and hot7)

I noticed some times 25mg wouldn't even give me visuals where as on other occasions 20mg would send me sky high with awesome rushes and visuals. I have taken 40-50mg a couple of times and it just seems to give more confusion and slightly more intense visuals than 20-30mg.

I saw a 100+kg mate take 18mg 2CI one night and absolutely lose it! Saying "I know why people kill themselves on these trippy drugs coz i want this to end!". All of this while telling me he was seeing someone else in the mirror who he could taste through his sight! lol I've seen alot of guys lose it on high doses of everything but never 2C* and only ever at high doses. 18mg/100kg is fuck all!

I haven't encountered these dosage problems with any other drug or any oither 2c* compound for that matter!

My gf only rushes and trips slightly for an hour or 2 from 2CI (2CI lasts 6ish hrs on me) but when she takes 2CE, B, t7 or HOT7 she gets the same effect and duration as myself???

Most Aussie "dealers" cap 2CI between 18 and 22mg (i have seen them in the 30mg range on a couple of occasions). I recommend pouring half from the cap and trying that before diving into a whole cap. You can always have more and 10-15mg works quite well especially at big events where tripping balls isn't always the best option...

BTW It is nothing like acid! GRRRRRRRRRRR

PsiloSubNaut said:
I saw a 100+kg mate take 18mg 2CI one night and absolutely lose it! Saying "I know why people kill themselves on these trippy drugs coz i want this to end!". All of this while telling me he was seeing someone else in the mirror who he could taste through his sight! lol I've seen alot of guys lose it on high doses of everything but never 2C* and only ever at high doses. 18mg/100kg is fuck all!

Yeah I had that experience it was really bizzare and hard to explain.

Psilosubnaut, are you sure of your sources? 2C-I is always pretty consistent for me.

^^^^ Yeah I'm in the same boat when I take any type of the 2c-x's I usually just take 20mg because I know that that's the normal dose and should bring on the effects pretty well...

In hindsight if I ever did take it again (this time I know what I'm in for) I'd probably do it at an event again mostly because of the sensory experience. But its definitly the I tried it once thing and leaving it at that thing. Lots of things to look at, lights and coulours and since it was such a visual experience more time to explore the whole trip if ever a next time. I'd recommend taking it with someone because it was pretty hard to describe to my mate who hadn't taken it what everything (both inside and outside) was actually looking like.