• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Favorite Comedic Team

KStoner6tb

Bluelighter
Does anyone else notice that comedies, more than any other movie genre, always have the same group of actors playing in each others' movies? To me, there are 3 bigtime comedy "teams" if you will. These 'teams' almost always have at least 3 or 4 of the same actors in almost all of their films. And the teams are................

The Sandler Gang--Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Nick Swardson, Allen Covert(grandma's boy) Peter Dante, Kevin Nealon, etc

The "Frat Pack"--Will Ferrell, Vince Vaughn, Ben Stiller, Wilson brothers, Steve Carrell, etc

The Newcomers(coined the J.V. Frat pack)--Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd, James Franco, Bill Hader etc.

Now I know that the forementioned actors are not the only comedians making funny movies, I'm just limiting the options at those. I know that some of these actors play in others' movies, outside of their 'clique' but they usually stick together..

So, if you had to pick one of these THREE comedic teams, which would it be and why??

EDIT: State your favorite comedic team, even if it's not one of the three above...made it too specific

Last edited:
john landis and eddy murphy own all of the above.

I was mainly talking about current, mainstream comedians. Don't get me wrong, I love Eddie Murphy. I have the Raw DVD from '87, and I used to be able to quote it word for word. I just think the last quality movie he made was the Nutty Professor; the first one. Most current comedies include one of the mentioned groups

jay and silent bob (kevin smith and jason mewes, who was/is? a heroin addict.)

Why does it have to be about modern comedic teams?

Modern: I like the "Frat Pack" minus Jack Black.

Classic: Gracie Allen and George Burns
Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau
Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor

AmorRoark said:
Why does it have to be about modern comedic teams?

Modern: I like the "Frat Pack" minus Jack Black.

Classic: Gracie Allen and George Burns
Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau

I was pretty sure there had been a "who's your favorite comedian" thread before:\ ...These are just the current, 'mainstream' ones who regularly put out decent movies...

AmorRoark said:
defnitely a top choice. also, tim conway and harvey corman and how can we forgt cheech and chong :D

I was responding to my favorite comedic teams. You're really limiting yourself to a discussion about like 2 different groups of people if you just want to talk about 'current mainstream ones who regularly put out decent movies' fine but whatever. 8)

... even more limiting to keep it to American comedians. Some of the best comic troupes and/or duos are out of the UK.

Or Australia. There was the one series where a team was doing voiceovers on some show that took place in the Middle Ages or something. It was absolutely hilarious. Crap! Some Aussie help me out with this...

Olyn said:
Julian Barret and Noel Fielding.

The Boosh recently grew on me. I couldn't get into the show at first, but I decided to give it another go after Noel Fielding's performance on The IT Crowd.

I think Mitchell & Webb are the best double act out there right now. Their sketch comedy is good, but Peep Show is one of the best things ever broadcast.

French And Saunders. :)

frenchsaunders4.jpg

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LryLhySnFnM&feature=related

Last edited:
AmorRoark said:

this is one of the MANY reasons why i <3 you so much! our tastes in most things are wildly similar!

i know these aren't mentioned in the OP's post, BUT... i would also say gene wilder and richard pryor. one of my more modern favorites however would have to be david wain, michael ian black, and michael showalter. STELLA!!!!

tribal girl said:
French And Saunders. :)

I hope this is a joke. It must be, because neither are in the slightest bit funny. I don't condone hitting women, but sometimes you just wanna throw a massive punch in the face of Dawn French. Being married to the jokeless comedian Lenny Henry doesn't help either.

Maybe a bit harsh with Jennifer Saunders because some of the writing for Absolutely Fabulous was good, but her character was totally unfunny. Patsy FTW.

Strange because I'd be tempted to go for Ade Edmondson & Rik Mayall as the best comedy team. So many good stuff by them over the years, but I saw Ade Edmondson in a sitcom a few weeks ago & couldn't believe my eyes or ears how bad it was 8o

Simon Pegg and Nick Frost are funny in everything they do together.

And say what you will about their movies, but Chris Farley and David Spade were hilarious together.

Honorable mention: John Cho and Kal Penn for Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle

HisNameIsFrank said:
And say what you will about their movies, but Chris Farley and David Spade were hilarious together.

"Get this; a corn fed harvest mouse, a hooker, a nun, a flemmish peasant woman, whips, chains, whistles, yo-yo's...my grandmother riding by on a bicycle giving me the finger, and a duck!!..now if I don't.....are you crying?"

Haha sorry for the quote for any of you not familiar with Black Sheep. It's a shame they only got to make two movies together. RIP Farley:(