• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

IV Black Tar Heroin: Having Some Problems...

DeadheadChemistry

Bluelighter
I just got a connection for black tar. I went over to his house and bought a $xx bag and I seem to have a really bad problem. I used to shoot a lot of cocaine and meth, not A LOT, but periodically over 2 years, and now I am on Methadone maintenance and have gained some weight since I started methadone, a lot more than I feel comfortable with. Anyways, the guy was showing me how to do the process (he is pretty experienced, but I dont know if his advice is any good, he is kind of out of it). We cut off a half the bag and used that to put in the spoon. He has diabetes and gave me some syringes, said to draw up 50cc of water and let it drop right over the tar in the spoon. Then (this is the part I thought was weird), he said to take the lighter and heat the spoon until it came to a boil, making sure to keep the water and tar in sync with where it's boiling. I never thought you had to actually boil black tar, but it worked, I started smelling a strong scent of vinegar and eventually most of it was dissolved. I kind of mixed up the rest and it seemed to be pretty disolved, filtered it, and THIS IS WHERE THE PROBLEM BEGINS:

BY THE TIME I FIND A VEIN TO SHOOT IN, I HAVE TORN UP BOTH OF MY ARMS, HAVE BUBBLES POPPING UP ALL OVER MY HANDS, AND TRACK MARKS ALL OVER MY ARMS AND HANDS, TOP TO BOTTOM. I CANNOT HIT A VEIN.

30 minutes later, we finally find a barely visible, but what appears to be a fairly large vein near the front of my arm and going up the side of my arm, I finally got a hit up near the top after completely fucking up my arms.

So Question: Is there anything to do to prevent this ridiculous amount of time it takes to find a vein? Is it safe to IM? And if so how bad does it hurt, swell up, etc? I would prefer to IV it but if I want to do more than a shot, after 2 shots I look like a fucking pin bag.

Anyways, I took 6 xanax bars and I know i'm rambling, just any ideas you may have would be great. Like maybe where some large veins are besides the ones in the creases of your arm, or other methods to prevent going home with yellow, purple, and blue bleeding arms.

Thank you! And sorry again for starting a thread when I'm not completely all here.

-Edited out personal information -GM
*** Removed price. Guess we both missed that. :\ - Mr Blonde***

Last edited by a moderator:
Heating it to the point of boiling isn't necessary, I would just heat it and stir & repeat 2-3 times until the tar is melted.

You stated that you had gained some weight since you last used IV, this could be the reason it's hard for you to find a vein, you might want to try your foot/legs, but be careful if you do because hitting your foot can be sometimes very painful for the next day or two. As far as IM'n it you can do it, although I feel it's quite a waste with tar, but thats just my opinion

No dont ever fuckin im tar. Thats an abcess waiting to happen. The weight gain may be the reason you had trouble finding a vein, whereas you used ta could.Were you using long or shorts? Longs are alot better for bigger people, might help you. Practice makes perfect and youd probably feel alot more comfortable not doing it in front of someone, and in your own home.

-Removed off-topic question -GM

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as IM'n it you can do it, although I feel it's quite a waste with tar, but thats just my opinion

IM'ing any street drugs is a very dangerous idea. Like Grumpy Eel said, you're just asking for an abscess or worse (e.g. limb amputation).

Mr Blonde said:
IM'ing any street drugs is a very dangerous idea. Like Grumpy Eel said, you're just asking for an abscess or worse (e.g. limb amputation).

Very true.

One of the only times I ever got an abscess from tar was from a muscle shot (more like a miss shot)

Fortunately my bupe doctor took care of them in the "initial price" of his treatment. Key words initial price.

Foul Play said:
Heating it to the point of boiling isn't necessary, I would just heat it and stir & repeat 2-3 times until the tar is melted.

You stated that you had gained some weight since you last used IV, this could be the reason it's hard for you to find a vein, you might want to try your foot/legs, but be careful if you do because hitting your foot can be sometimes very painful for the next day or two. As far as IM'n it you can do it, although I feel it's quite a waste with tar, but thats just my opinion

Exactly, before I gained weight I could find a vein EASY. Now its impossible without tearing up my arms. Gaining weight is definently the primary reason im having these troubles. The only other reason would be because of past IV use. Im tempted to quit methadone, and just start doing smack and lose weight. I hate my social life now, and then once I lose weight, get back on Methadone and this time have a diet plan now that I know how much it messes up your metabolism and makes you crave sugar.

Grumpy_Eel said:
No dont ever fuckin im tar. Thats an abcess waiting to happen. The weight gain may be the reason you had trouble finding a vein, whereas you used ta could.Were you using long or shorts? Longs are alot better for bigger people, might help you. Practice makes perfect and youd probably feel alot more comfortable not doing it in front of someone, and in your own home.

-Removed off-topic question -GM

I tohught this was on topic, I am using these diabetic syringes from my diabetic friends. I dont know a lot about syringes, I know they are very small and probably "shorts." But I have no access to any larger syringes in OK where you cant get needles without a script. Why would long syringes work better?

Foul Play said:
Very true.

One of the only times I ever got an abscess from tar was from a muscle shot (more like a miss shot)

Fortunately my bupe doctor took care of them in the "initial price" of his treatment. Key words initial price.

Yeah thats the other problem, I'm pretty needle nieve and how do I know im sticking the syringe in a muscle at all?

Long vs. short refers to the length of the needle at the tip of the rig, not the rig itself. A longer needle is better for bigger people because our veins are beneath a layer of skin and fat that is thicker than on a small person. My girlfriend is about 110 lbs and slim, and can hit her elbow vein with a short needle, whereas I am about 240 lbs and can only use these to hit the veins on the back of my hand. If your friend is diabetic he should know a bit about the different types of rigs and weather he has long or short tips, it will also say this on the bag, usually it will give the actual length of the tip. If you have a lot of fat on your arms you should use a belt to find the vein, mark it, then remove the belt, relax, then insert the needle. I can usually feel when the tip pierces my vein, then draw back and register. You may want to check your register after doing a few units of the shot just to make sure you are still in the vein. Btw, please don't IM it is asking for an abcess or infection.

where are you from also try to take a hot shower b4 it makes the veins really stand out

Darth-_Vidar said:
Long vs. short refers to the length of the needle at the tip of the rig, not the rig itself. A longer needle is better for bigger people because our veins are beneath a layer of skin and fat that is thicker than on a small person. My girlfriend is about 110 lbs and slim, and can hit her elbow vein with a short needle, whereas I am about 240 lbs and can only use these to hit the veins on the back of my hand. If your friend is diabetic he should know a bit about the different types of rigs and weather he has long or short tips, it will also say this on the bag, usually it will give the actual length of the tip. If you have a lot of fat on your arms you should use a belt to find the vein, mark it, then remove the belt, relax, then insert the needle. I can usually feel when the tip pierces my vein, then draw back and register. You may want to check your register after doing a few units of the shot just to make sure you are still in the vein. Btw, please don't IM it is asking for an abcess or infection.

Yeah I weigh about 200-215, and from what you said I guess the needles he has are short because he and his girlfriend are really small. But how do you have better luck in your hands?? I can never hit a vein in my hand, I mean they are so thin and move around and it is just ridiculous. Yeah, I thought the whole IM thing was kind of crazy, but his girlfriend kept saying "Oh go ahead! I do it all the time, it lasts longer that way." And i'm like "Yeah..... but doesn't it burn like hell and create giant abscesses?" So I wont be IM'ing after what everyone has said.

Any other people about my size know of any good veins that are easy to hit? When I tied off I found a nice vein that you couldn't see, all you can see is a bulge but you can tell it's a nice vein and it's on my left arm, almost on the side of my arm slightly below my hand.

GOD, I hate the fact that I gained so much wait getting on methadone. I sware I think everyday about just quitting methadone and getting strung out till I lose weight and then start methadone and keep a diet plan this time. Nothing works to get the weight off. I ran 4 miles a day for 6 months and I lost a grand total of -0- pounds. I don't eat GREAT, I mean I try to eat a healthy breakfast and maybe sandwiches for lunch, but after work I often get a burger or a taco on the way home. Still, I should have lost something working out that much. Its ridiculous and bothering my social life. I'm so close to just getting strung out till I get back to where I used to be.

Shit, you started out by trying to IV half a xx bag without knowing the potency? I know you need a little bit more than usual to get off because of the methadone, but damn. Start off a little smaller to be safe.

***Removed price. - Mr Blonde***

bubbles poppin up in your hands? that description was completely fucked man. learn to use the needles properly before you use them. and get some common sense.

Dude. Stick to methadone, you don't know how to use a goddamn needle right. It doesn't matter how fat you are, you shouldn't ever take more than 2-3 attempts to register and you shouldn't really be leaving track marks if you use fresh needles. You definitely shouldn't be rolling veins around or leaving bubbles.

You're just doing it all wrong, somehow.

Does anyone know where PhreeX's injection guide went?

Did not read all the replies but the cut in any drug you IV can and will tear your arms up. I have scars and abcess scars from both boy and girl. It is part of the game. My dad is a doctor. I showed him a horrible abcess on my lower back leg (I gave a story) and he said to put a damp washcloth in a baggie, heat it in the microwave, and keep heat on it. The heat increases the blood flow there and whisks the bad stuff away to be detoxified and eliminated.

And you do briefly boil tar H. He steered you right. I am fervently hopeful that you used a filter 'cause a lot or most H is from Mexico/processed there and is filthy.

I think Bob Dylan said,
"if you don't think there is a price for this sweet paradise remind me to show you the scars."

And as far as weight I am 200 but always find a vein. Of course, I have been hunting veins since 1990, and I got real good at it.

Methadone made me gain weight, cursed stuff.

triiper said:
bubbles poppin up in your hands? that description was completely fucked man. learn to use the needles properly before you use them. and get some common sense.

Have you ever used a fucking needle? I have not shot much of anything except coke but I know damn well I'm not the only one who has had little "bubbles" pop up after you stick the needle in. It's normal, it's not from missing a shot it just happens, I didn't even do anything but pull back to see if I was in a vein. They aren't like huge bubbles on your hands, it just like swells up slightly and goes away in about an hour, doesn't hurt or anything. My common sense is just fine, that's why I made this thread - to find out if there are things I AM doing wrong to prevent it from happening in the future. I only know one person who shoots up and so he is the only one that was around to tell me how to get the stuff ready, as for the actual injection, I know how to do it, I just have trouble hitting a vein because of past drug use to where both veins in the creases of my arm are basically non-existant. Believe me, before I weighed over 200 pounds and got on methadone I could find a vein the first time EVERY time, so it's not that I don't know what I'm doing. If I didn't have at least a basic knowledge of what I was doing I wouldn't be doing it. I NEVER injected until I read up on exactly how to do it for days and watched multiple people do it before me before I ever did it myself, that seems like common sense to me.

^ Let me say then you prepared yourself good for the process then; it's something that shouldn't be taken lightly and needs to have a bit known about it before attempting, and it sounds like you approached with a lot of common sense.

HR FTW.