• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Speed or Adderall for Studying/cramming..info?

yokidsup

Bluelighter
I've heard that speed and the ADHD drug adderall are very good at keeping one concentrated and hence making him/her smash the books hard.

Just wondering, what other drugs have a similiar effect? and if the effects of these (speed and adderall etc) are really noticeable?

^ Concerta or Ritalin works too. They both contain methylphenidate which is a distant cousin of amphetamine. The effects are quite noticeable if you take a high enough dose. These drugs are dangerous to rely on though. My addiction to amphetamine was a horrible 4 years struggle...

Dexamphetamine (Dexies) seem to be the favourite around my group of friends. I dont use anything like that, just my piracetam, but people have said that if you study on dexies, you'll need them for the test/exam, otherwise they find they cant recall the info.

Be careful, a couple of my friends now need 3-4 pills every morning just to function.

Dexamphetamine is preferred by a lot of people I know as well, Mr. White. As the dextro isomer of amphetamine, it has a lot less of the peripheral stimulation (e.g. jitters, uncomfortable physical effects) that Adderall (the racemic med containing both dextro and levo amphetamine) has, and tends to be smoother and more mental.

good luck getting adderall here in this country!!

concerta is extended release so not as effective as ritalin instant release! MP mainly works as a reuptake blocker, therefore comes more into play when naturally mentally stimulated, ie studying

DA mainly works on release more dopamine, therefore its more buzzy and fires off by itself

so, if i were to chose a stimulant which one would you guys recommend? I want to keep things safe and clean. I don't like the sound of the DA stuff, so lets rule that one out completely.

well seeing as this is the 'australian drug discussion' section I assume yokidsup is in australia - therefore recommending adderall is kinda stupid! as it not an available prescription in australia and the chances of someone bringing it in on the black market just doesn't make sense!

go with the dexies! if you really want them just for study and not to get high and assuming your tolerance is non existent, then even start with half a tab (2.5mg) and see how you go!

just remember, they are not some special smart drugs - you still gotta put in the big effort to study yaself!

The affects on Adderall and other ADHD drugs are extremely noticeable.

I sort of equate studying on them as playing a video game with God Mode on. Just be smart with them.

yeah no doubt.. its just i've been finding it difficult to stay focused and concentrated. I might try my luck at sharing some adhd drugs with a mate.

Get yourself tested for ADHD if you believe that may be the case. It's a life changing event before treatment and then after.

all i can say is D-AMPHETAMINE or "dex amphetamine" is the way to go.
i take it for adhd-i (inattentive) not hyperactive.
this stuff is by far the best as ritalin will actually distract most people.
also, adderall contains dex :p but id just stick to plain old dex.

Amphed Revolution said:
Get yourself tested for ADHD if you believe that may be the case. It's a life changing event before treatment and then after.
amen!
im inatentive not hyperactive (they used to call it ADD)
dex amph changed my life for the better.

i find that fish oil and multivitamins and judical use of caffiene enough to keep me up through exended hours without having to chase illegal substances. i have to admit i have used methamphetamine in small doses to jeep up but in the end it doesnt work to keep me calm and clear headed.

Ive found deep relaxation breaks that are structured through out the study period much more helpful and condusive to remembering information

madmick19 said:
i find that fish oil and multivitamins and judical use of caffiene enough to keep me up through exended hours without having to chase illegal substances. i have to admit i have used methamphetamine in small doses to jeep up but in the end it doesnt work to keep me calm and clear headed.

Ive found deep relaxation breaks that are structured through out the study period much more helpful and condusive to remembering information

fish oil is actually great for people like me who suffer from adhd (i)
i take it aong with dex amphetamine (legally) and yea, it really helps.
caffeine is a double edged sawed tho. it is ok to use as a one off but addiction occurs very fast and tolerance builds up so your having more and more. if you don't have it your not usually in a good way and most certainly not able to concentrate well.

Yeah. Dammit.. all i wanna do is be able to do weekly/steady study without being distracted by everything around me.

I'm gonna go see a doc about this.

Thanks for the input

See, to me, caffeine never really helped. It made my hyperactivity even worse and I had to piss like a fiend. I think I got even less work done.

I fidget, I get distracted, my mind just can't stay on track no matter how hard I try. I'm so fucking scattered it sucks.

Illegal and unmonitored stimulant use (methamphetamine) helped in small doses for a little bit, but eventually, it got me to a point where I was too disorganized / spun out to even try and work. Plus, if I got distracted I'd hyper focus on that for hours.

If you get prescribed ADHD medication, don't be an idiot and abuse them. You'll destroy any therapeutic affect you might have and just make your ADHD symptoms worse.

I used to always have caffeine for studying, and it was fairly helpful, but then I built up a tolerance.

So I managed to get some ritalin and it helped sooo much. Managed to do about 8 hours of study every day for three weeks. Now I'm owning. But I am also all out haha.

Oh well just one exam to go...

I personally found ritalin to be the best to study with. You can concentrate probably about 3 times longer than without and what your reading seems alot more interesting. I found I actually enjoyed studying statistics with ritalin!
I have used wizz to study too. Not as good as ritalin and you do get kind of buzzing too (as one does when they take speed). I recommend using a low dose, as you won't feel like studying otherwise.
Just a word of warning, only use these drugs if occassionally to study, as you can become dependent on them to concentrate. I found it best to use them when I had to cram alot of info for an exam.

if i know i have to stay up for my 12 hour night shifts, i'll actually not have caffiene in the day at all, i find that the old less is more moderation approach to all things works wonders for me,

just say i start at 6pm, i will have a small cappacino before i leave home, and take a double shot long black in a thermos which i will have at midnight or 1 am, at 1-2am ill take some multi vitamins or B vit suppliments and thats me cruising through to the 6.30 am finish,

if you start off hypo on caffiene there is a good chance you will just end up buggered very quickly, better to keep calm and flat and only use caffiene when you need to.

plus your kidneys and dopamanergic system would appriciate you for it...... alot