Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Australian Muscle relaxants?

tadfish

Ex-Bluelighter
Just withdrawing from benzos and have hell bad leg pain. from muscles twitching and shit. What are Australian muscle relaxants because no doctor seems to have any idea other than benzos.

Now is bromazepam "Bromazepam (marketed under brand names Calmepam, Compendium, Creosedin, Durazanil, Lectopam, Lexaurin, Lexilium, Lexomil, Lexotan, Lexotanil, Normoc, Novepam, Somalium, Lexatin) available in australia because i think its used for leg twitching

And have they got rid of amyl nitrate even for Cyanide poising now days

[EDIT: Unnecessary comments. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't really help you. Looking at your title, I was going to suggest valium, but obviously that's out of the question. I have a friend who is on high dose fentanyl but also suffers terrible spasms. I'll ask him what he's prescribed.

And have they got rid of amyl nitrate even for Cyanide poising now days.

Amyl nitrite is no longer recommended as a cyanide antidote, at least not on its own. The accepted kit when I last checked involved IV administered solutions of sodium nitrite and sodium thiosulphate. 4-dimethyl aminophenol, and B12 are also used I believe. There's also been many cases where thiosulphate-nitrite admission has exacerbated the condition. But no, amyl is not available off the shelf, and neither should it be IMO as it is a known carcinogen.

^ Well, it's not supposed to be available off the shelf but iso-butyl nitrite is quite easy to find.

To the OP: Magnesium maybe? It's a muscle relaxant. Kava if you can get it can help with benzo WD as well.

Lorazapam would be the best option but it seems out off the question. If you can get to a Dr and explain your situation you should ask for baclofen ( clofen) its a muscle relaxant which is great for restless leg syndrome, leg spasams due to MS, MVA accidents etc.

Otherwise excercise late in arvo then do some serious stretching in the evening.

thiosulphate-nitrite yeah that what they use and just oxygen for cyanide poisoning at mine sites.

baclofen yeah think i had that overseas somewhere like i had soma think soma more well known even though its effects seem to be only good at potentiating things.

fuck never known amyl was a carcinogen i though i was stopped because of abuse; heard it gives you hard on to give prolongs sex, to gives you massive rush and relaxes everything.

Yeah been taking Mg and calcium tablets.

tadfish said:
bah i had doc said they are not at all

in the traditional sense no, however the sedative properties of this antihistamine enhances pain meds - thus why you can get OTC mersyndol nights etc with paracetamol/codiene/doxy suc

restavit (OTC) is targeted as a sleep aid and only contains high individual dose of doxy

restavit also help migrains and stuff but its an old school strong anti histamine.
come on what i need it for is for benzo withdrawal and potentation of things

i Withdrawal's from 50+ benzos a day plus opiates and other meds. people think i am tuffin it out too much so i'll tuff and ruff it up.
old fashion way woud be cocaine opiates oor some strong bennies or something

this edit make no sense now but oh well i shouldn''t flame ummm amateur posts

[EDIT: Don't respond to posts like that. hoptis]

Last edited:
If you just withdrew from benzos, I suggest not taking anymore benzos to cure your spasms. Try codeine or baclofen, or if you're lucky, get gabapentin/pregabalin. Both act on GABA receptors, but not through the BZP receptors. They're useful aids for benzo withdrawal, if you're willing to pay the 3 figure price they demand.

fuck never known amyl was a carcinogen

Actually, all nitrites are potential carcinogens. They react with secondary amines to produce nitrosamines which are really nasty.

The incidence of pancreatic cancer in smokers is quite high, likely caused by the nitrosamines in cig smoke. These substances are so nasty, it is said that when a smoker quits, it takes 10 years before the risk of contracting pancreatic cancer returns to that of a non smoker.

Here's some papers on the carcinogenicity of nitrites.

Effect of the Recreational Agent Isobutyl Nitrite on Human Peripheral
Blood Leukocytes and on in Vitro Interferon Production

Health Hazards of Nitrite Inhalants (NIDA)

EXPEDITED CANCER POTENCY VALUES AND NO SIGNIFICANT RISK
LEVELS (NSRLs) FOR FOUR PROPOSITION 65 CARCINOGENS:
ISOBUTYL NITRITE, NALIDIXIC ACID, o-PHENYLENEDIAMINE,
o-PHENYLENEDIAMINE HYDROCHLORIDE

There was a good NZ paper on amyl toxicity but the link is broken.

One more note. MDMA and meth are secondary amines. I would suggest it unwise to consume nitrites in quantity with these drugs.

gabapentin/pregabalin sounds like a good option

thanks for all the help.
most docotors i have seen have been no help all i been doing is CWE codeine with phenergan and antihistmaines. rotating catapres with other downers.

Soma that my mate gave me helped alot i wonder is it that addictive or does it have bad Withdrawals? i was reading that it might potentate codeine like Glutethimide does. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutethimide
whats every ones thoughts.....

thanks again phase dancer your knowledge is truly essential to BL running over the years.

once again hoptis sorry i will try to ignore stupid posts:)

Last edited:
quinine my doc said it bad for my blood or something i got gabapentin hmmm
had some today but got off my granny. not sure of its effects. think the morphine is helping alot though. but hey lots of soma can cause seizures

Gabapentin works on GABA like benzos
its seems that u can get on it. like can't find any bad experiences.
would like anaothher muscle relaxant other benzos and soma

Her's the list of drugs listed under muscle relaxants from MIMs

Baclo
Chemmart Baclofen
Clofen
Dantrium Capsules
Dantrium Powder for Injection
GenRx Baclofen
Lioresal
Lioresal Intrathecal
Norflex
Norgesic
Repreve
Stelax
Terry White Chemists Baclofen

Please check compatibility with any other medications you're taking.

Is baclofen prescription only?