• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Modavigil and Duromine at the same time?

rm2x

Bluelighter
Hi, my girlfriend is currently prescribed Modavigil for chronic fatigue and has recently been put onto Duromine for weight loss.

She's currently not taking them both together, and probably won't, as the phentermine seems to be kicking her awake in the morning.

Now the doctor that prescribed it said that there were no contraindications in using Modavigil and phentermine at the same time, but I became concerned when I recalled reading a trip report somewhere (can't remember) of someone ending up in hospital from mixing methylphenidate with Modavigil.

What, if any damage, could occur from taking the two at the same time? I'd rather get a second opinion from here than just taking the word of a GP.

cheers

I can't find anything about the two being contraindicated; they both raise levels of neurotransmitters, though modafinil not that much, which may make her overtly stimulated.

If she has been experiencing high blood pressure as a side effect of the modafinil, then there may be a problem but otherwise she should be clear.

Thanks for the reply Mr Blonde.

She's ben fine so far with her blood pressure, so that's a good thing.

I really don't think she's going to use both at the same time though, she's pretty adamant that she won't, but it's always nice to know she won't drop dead.

My biggest concern was parkinsons disease or something like that from too much dopamine.

Ta

You get Parkinson's from too little dopamine.

Too much dopamine could result in psychosis.