Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Police - Drugs LAW?

Shabnobbi

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm 17 from Australia. And like was planning to goto a rave and sneaking some pills in... I heard if you have like 1-2 pills they don't arrest you and just take em from you and let you in the rave is that true? (PS: Rave with sniffer dogs)

Also how about if I get busted with more than with like 4 pills on me, what will be the consequences?

I can tell you now they wont just take them off you and send you in. If they find them they will arrest you.

Depending on how much you have and what state you live depends on how badly they will mess with you

You will get booked for having even the smallest amount of drugs on you, if they have dogs I would not risk it or maybe put it under the fence somewhere unattended and pick them up when you get in if thats possible.

Consequences vary from state to state, which one are you from? They will basically all be pretty similar for small amounts.

Shabnobbi said:
Hi, I'm 17 from Australia. And like was planning to goto a rave and sneaking some pills in... I heard if you have like 1-2 pills they don't arrest you and just take em from you and let you in the rave is that true? (PS: Rave with sniffer dogs)

Also how about if I get busted with more than with like 4 pills on me, what will be the consequences?

No, you will be arrested regardless of how much you have on you. Ecstasy is not like marijuana...police always take it seriously. Whether you will actually be charged with anything would be up in the air, but you WILL be arrested and taken away.

Edit-Removed unnecessary content. lil angel15

It is also sometimes subjective abvout intent to distribute. For example, if you have 4 different types of pills, it will look more like you just were shopping around then if you have 6 of the same pill or something. Also, don't have a lot of cash on you. No text messenging about anything concerning pills or money. Common sense things.

Good luck and let us know how you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys the OP has asked for advice on Drug law in Australia NOT how to take the drugs into the event with him.

BL is not here to give tips on how best to sneak past the police.

Anymore posts like this will be unapproved.

Lil angel15

I heard they are illegal…

Seriously though, You haven’t told us what state you are in and that is going to have a bearing on the specifics, however, you have mentioned that you are a minor so that helps a little. So I will give you a general walk through.

If you attempt to enter the premises and it is determined that you have a controlled substance on your person you will be immediately detained by police officers conducting the surveillance. For the benefit of the conversation let’s say you are carrying Ecstasy and I feel this is what you are telling us.

Once you have been detected and detained the officers will notify you that they suspect you are carrying a controlled substance. They will then ask you if you have any illegal narcotics or controlled substances on your person and ask you to volunteer to hand that substance over. If you decline, they will then proceed to conduct a search of your person and your belongings. Any Ecstasy tablets either voluntarily handed over or discovered on your person will be taken from you to be later held as evidence.

The police officers involved may also chose to exercise their right to detain you on suspicion of holding a controlled substance and engaging in the commercial supply of controlled substances. Given there are sufficient facilities on site to conduct a detailed search of your person and belongings, you will be taken to those facilities. If not you will be taken to the nearest police station to undergo this search. This search may also involve officers going through your mobile phone.

Upon completion of the search it will be determined whether or not you have any further controlled substances and/or whether you have sufficient amount of a controlled substance to consider that you have a trafficable quantity. At this time the police officers will complete a police report outlining the result of your detention and search. You will then be charged. In NSW you would be charged under Section 8 of the Drug Misuse and Trafficking Act 1985. You will be charged with possession of a controlled substance and if you are holding in excess of 0.5g of MDMA you may be charged with holding a trafficable quantity. In practice though, the trafficking angle is rarely pursued when they are dealing with small numbers, but you never know.

Typically you will be issued with a Criminal Infringement Notice (CIN), however, depending on the state or territory you are in this may not happen as they cannot be issued to minors in certain states. What you will be definitely issued with is a summons/Field Court Attendance Notice. This notice will explain that on a yet to be set date in the not too distant future you will need to appear in court. Once again, you are under 18 and will need to appear at a Children’s Court.

You will appear in front of a Magistrate along with the police prosecutor and the arresting officers. The prosecutor will outline the offence, the police officers will give a summary of events and you will have the opportunity to make a submission to the magistrate.

After this has occurred the magistrate will consider the presentations of the prosecutor, officers and yourself. In addition your police record will be taken into consideration plus the future impact of the sentence and a range of other factors before delivering you your fate.

Enjoy the rave!

In QLD if you are 17 you are charged as an adult, I'm pretty sure it's the only state that does that... So if you are from their don't think you will get away with less because you will be processed as a adult, it will may be very likely your first offense though so will most likely get a probation order or that drug bullshit thing they give you...

Have you got any other offenses?

When I was caught with 2500 Pharms the guy before me was 17 and was breaking lights with a sling shot and they sentenced him to 16 days in prison, felt very sorry for him but he deserved it!

In QLD if you are 17 you are charged as an adult, I'm pretty sure it's the only state that does that.

I was told last year by a policeman that the adult age in Qld is 17-18. Weird I know, but what's more amazing is that it's up to the police's discretion whether or not a 17 yo is charged as an adult or a child.

Thankyou for your excellent post eggman!

I suggest everyone who is thinking about taking drugs to a rave, nightclub, pub, festival ect read eggmans post and think long and hard before taking things in with them.

In 5 years time most people would agree that 2-3 pills is not worth a criminal record that lasts a lifetime.

Food for thought.

:)

Eggman you rock,

according to the law handbook (10th ed 2007) published by the redfern legal centre in NSW posession is any amount below the following figues, if you are in possion of the following amounts you are carrying a trafficable quantity or deemed supply(barry 2007):

Cannabis (leaf or heads) 3gram
Herion 3 grams
Amphetamines 3 gram
Ecstasy 3 grams or 15 tabs
LSD 0.003 gram or 15 tabs

South Australia Law handbook

the best advice other than that eggman described is; for real legal advice speak to a laywer, they are well versed in the way that the law is interpreted.

As for if you get caught, do not say much- ask for a legal representative, if you are under 18 you should have one in the room prior to being questioned.

There are many different state and territory benchmarks for the quantity or amount of a substance, please check you state legislation and ammendments :)

Last edited: