• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Do's and dont's about scoring dope in the ghetto???

apex-shmack

Bluelighter
Quite often us whiteboys are robbed, mugged, and beat for our cash while trying to find a good "spot" in the bad parts of the city...I've noticed that buying dope in the past has been much better during the daytime than at night (more shadiness after dark) And that dealing with spanish people is better than anything else.
Can anyone offer any pointers on how a newbie can find a good spot in a semi-unfamiliar city?
Thanks

Yeah! I would agree to do it in the day, the early morning hours is usually when I get mine. The ghetto can be a scary place at night. And usually during the 9am hour of the morning you got all types of people crawling out of the wordwork ready to start the hustle! I would have to say try to stick to buying off someone you see out there all the time too.

1. do not follow anyone to a place where you are surrounded or do not have a clear route of exit.
2. do not exchange cash with an unknown go-between or middle-man unless the desired dope is close at hand.
my $.02

The dealers are usually obvious -- they are hanging around on the street, looking like they're waiting for someone. Depending on the area they may offer you stuff, sometimes they wait for you to approach them. Don't try and score from people who are walking along, or look like they're just hanging out with their pals. They probably don't have shit, but they will sell the dumb white boy some soap...
Stay in semi-public areas... don't, say, follow some guy into an alley to make the deal.
Know what you want, what it's called, and how much it costs before you go... if you seem confused you're gonna get ripped off.
Much more could be said...

I think people over exagerate going to the ghetto. I live outside the city of Chicago and make frequent trips to the "West Side". It's really not as dangerous as some make it out to be.
The procedure I go about is, I drive south on Cicero and after Chicago Ave. bust a right onto any of the following side steets. Most likely the first corner you hit there will be some brothas "hollering" at you. At which point you pull over and turn your lights off. Crack your window and one of them will ask you what you need, you say three blows or four rocks, ect. They will pick up your product from a stash spot, walk back to your car and a quick exchange is made.
First shop around and when you come across a spot that offers an adiquite(sp) hook-up try to buy from there as often as you go down. Eventually you'll establish a better relationship with your dealers.
As far a the danger of the hood goes I have never gotten robbed, never got a "heater" pulled on me and I never got ripped off. I noticed that a great majority of these types are just trying to get paid and some are down right freindly. When I go to the hood I'm more weary of the cops than the thugs. But one could never be too cautious, be alert.
Hope this helps.
[ 26 April 2002: Message edited by: kemikals ]

^^^ Hey, that's exactly where I sc... uh, never mind. I also have never had any problems, though friends have there rarely (just getting bunk stuff.)
Yeah, the drive-up spots are Chicago are a fucking breeze. When I lived in California though, scoring in SF on foot was more difficult -- that's where most of the precautions come in.

yeah i have 2 buddies that get their stuff from CHICAGo as well, and they have never had problems either...
seems to me that "H" can only be bought from the ghetto..is this true or are their any dealers in the BURBS or smallers towns etc etc??i never hear about H dealers other than in the city..seems the bros have a monopoly on the incoming SMACK..

question... I know this differs from state/state/city/city/dealer/dealer... but what should the AVERAGE street 20$ rock be? AFOAF is wanting to score a 20$ rock and I want to help him out on what to look for.. what should the deminsions be?.. thanks

Definately daytime only. Treat dealers with respect. Never hand over money until you have the product in your hand. Don't carry or flash extra cash. Know what you want, what you will pay for it and direct in telling that to the dealer.
Try to stick to the same dealer(s) and get to know them. Once known you may get a better deal. Some dealers will give you their phone numbers - use it. The dealer knows the scene better than you, so follow any reasonable advise he may offer. Be discrete.

Don't try to negociate prices. Dealers don't like this. Also, try to wear some old shoes, no jewelry and just the amount of money you need. No need to risk getting robbed by some strung out crackhead for a 10 dollar watch. If anyone has seen traffic, use that guy as an example of how NOT to buy drugs in the ghetto.

Some simple guidelines for buying tar in Houston...
1) Act like you know where you are going, dont ask anyone anything.
2) Dealers usually have a regular spot, they know when cops are around and they know how to bail out should one drive by.
3) Generally if a white middle class guy is walking through the projects it is assumed he is a cop or looking to buy drugs (most people choose to mind their own business but I have been hassled and threatened in the past)
4) Know exactly what you want, and have exact change. My guys pretty much know my face and what Im buying so usually I just keep a couple $10s (most sell $10 balls of tar).
5) Make eye contact, tell them what you want and show them you have the money. Make the trade, give him a nod and keep walking. (if you are ripped off just let it go, I have never bought smack off someone who didnt have a gun on them or near them)
And no its not all that scary, if you mind your own business and use some common sence you should be fine.

Hey Furious, hit me on AIM please... im from the area (Katy)...need to know some things...
aim: jbakerutexas
thanks man.

It actually is pretty damn hard to find an upper class heroin dealer. You pretty much have to go to the "ghetto" to get it most of the time. Not everyone's so lucky to be able to just walk down the street and buy a couple grams of pure white in the safety and comfort of a suburban home.

Originally posted by Curious_George:
Never buy drugs in the ghetto.
Is it really that hard to find some upper class drug dealers?

what kind of dumb ass comment is that? if your buying drugs in from white boys in the suburbs then your getting ripped off because you can go to the city and get bags/bottles twice the size for half the price, in fact your suburb dealer picks up in the city and laughs at how much money hes making for doing nothing......

In reference to having to go to the ghetto, Im sure thats most of the time.
I used to know a bit about an operation for smack down here, where ya'd just make a call, and meet up somewhere to make the deal.

Does anyone have any experience in buying in the Philadelphia/NYC regions?
I really appreciate the advice guys.

I've had some scary experiences in the ghetto here in Massachusetts. The closest ghetto to me is the city of Lawrence. FYI the entire city is one big ghetto. Mostly Puerto Ricans and blacks, run down tenaments, the whole works. I drove around a couple of blocks that were notorious for drug dealers. The first time I went there I just wanted some heroin. The only thing the various dealers I ran into were selling was rocks. I abandoned that trip and waited a month before going back. I finally found a dealer who'd sell me some dope, but once I took a look at it, it was kinda skimpy, and when I railed it up on the way home, it turned out to be mediocre quality coke.I think I need to find a new ghetto spot in the MA/NH area. I might try Mattapan or perhaps Dorchester and see if my luck is any better.

rule number one = dont score drugs in the ghetto. its only the junkies who scores the drug on the street in sweden. if you dont have the possibility of getting drugs without going to the "street" youre better off without drugs...