Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

TV: A&E The Cleaner, anyone seen this yet?

Khadijah

Bluelight Crew
AnE sure knows how to please the druggies...with Intervention n now this show they seem to lean towards that shit a lil bit huh? Its a show about kinda a bounty hunter intervention guy. he goes out on the streets scoopin up his targets kidnapping them out of the life they were living and puttin em on the rehab train, cuz he had problems of his own and went thru his own addiction so now he has to repay back the world by goin out and doin his thing, or whatever, somethin like that.

Anyways, I aint seen this show but I want to . It looks pretty interestin. IDK if its gonna be good or bad cuz u never kno how somethin like that will go, it could be way too melodramatic or alot of things so I aint gonna get my hopes up too much, and I would be mad disappointed if it was one of those mad inaccurate ones where they dont even show drug use the way it really is. But Ima try n check it out online n see what I think.

When youre a addict, well for me at least it goes back n forth between "Yo a show about addicts, cool" and "Why the hell would i need to watch a show about this, its my own everyday life, enough is enough" so well have to see how this one goes.

I watched it, its aight but it seems like its going to have alot of anti drug bullshit in it.

I've seen it twice. I like it. I can give you a basic outline: There is this guy that used to be a heroin addict. He made a deal with "god" although hes not really religious. He doesn't really pray he "talks". Anyway, he made this deal that if god would help him he would be like a living angel or some sort, helping others out of their dead-end lives of addiction. The show shows the cases he takes a teenager on meth, to a girl being a drug horse for a dealer, and how his family struggles with his new job. Sometimes they feel like he has "traded one fix for another". Its very different than A&E's Intervention as it is a drama, and yes, they show a little drug use, although not as "informative" (lol) as Intervention.

i havent seen it yet.. though when i see it on TV im gonna watch

sounds interesting

I hate Intervention and I hate this Cleaner shit. If my family hired somebody to clean me up the Cleaner would wake up in a field 2 states away without his wallet and car keys.

Well good thing your family doesn't love you that much huh?

Kidding...

I've seen both episodes so far...and At first, I thought this show was going to suck. I thought "Jesus, they're really raking in the dough with all this addiction shit" but it's actually pretty good. The actors can uh....act! I love the characters and it's pretty good so far.

Yea i've seen both episodes of the cleaner as well. It's not as good as I thought it was going to be, but it's an okay show. I hope that the next episodes aren't too lame...

i can not stand the star, that bratt guy, he just oozes cheesy douchebaggery, he overacts and is annoying. so alas, i can't watch it.

Oh i just watched a couple of these on demand yesterday. One thing that kind of surprised me is the lingo is spot on (unlike health class). Overall i didn't really like it though. Of course his whole "deal with god" buisness bothered me. Other than that he just acts incredibly reckless and unethical trying to get the addicts to treatment. And almost every time he gets somebody they always say how much they DONT want to go to treatment. Sending an addict to treatment who does not want to get better isnt going to accomplish anything.

I think the whole premise of the show is absolutely retarded. If someone in my family tried to pull that shit on me (when i was heavily addicted to heroin) I would have flipped the fuck out. Like someone's gonna try to kidnap me and take me to rehab?
And who the hell would want to stay clean after rehab when the only reason they got clean was because they were forced into it by some douche bag stranger?
I think it sends the wrong message about addicts. this whole idea that you can make someone get clean is absolutely stupid. But I guess this show is really pulling on the emotions of people who have addicted loved ones and giving them the idea that saving their loved one is as simple as hiring someone to fix your addict. It doesn't work like that. even if the addict has every reason in the world to get clean, they won't do it until they are ready. forcing sobriety on someone seems like a sure fire way to keep someone using.

and
i can not stand the star, that bratt guy, he just oozes cheesy douchebaggery,