Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

tv: Project Runway : Season 5

IcebergSlim

Bluelighter
starts tonight, woooooot !

peep the cast @ http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/5/countdown/index.php

Tim%20Gunn2.jpg

" make it work "

myself and 3 friends have a challenge each season - we each pick three designers. 10 points if your designer wins and -10 if the they are in the bottom 2.

last season i think i had about -70 points.

i picked kelli, jerelle and daniel so i won immediately!

three of us picked kelli - she looks like she'll do well.

you are either in or you're out!

alasdair

Missed the first episode already! I have to catch a rerun on Bravo so I can enjoy this weeks! Hope its a good season, sure it will be though!

interesting picks ali, after eps01 i dunno about the cast or who i think will make it to fashion week(this season) last one christian was obvious.

BUT there was some serious comedy with jerry and the judges.. ill let the pictures speak for themselves...
rate_runway_14_501.jpg

only chance was to add safety goggles and have her walk in to "huey Lewis & the News" with a giant axe in her hand.
americanpsycho2.jpg

SO, the season presses on and AmorRoark and myself both agree the contestants are fairly weak and hugely annoying. I am not really impressed by any of them.

I really, seriously, hate Keith and Kenley, like so much.
Keith is a total prat and a dick.

Kenley is a REVOLTING wanna-be Betty Page, with the most offensive laugh and horrible display of decorum. She is just a piece of trash. All she does is talk out of her ass about everyone on the show because she is just sooo much better than all the other designers.

kenleyho.jpg

I hate her.

steinanwine said:
SO, the season presses on and AmorRoark and myself both agree the contestants are fairly weak and hugely annoying. I am not really impressed by any of them.

I really, seriously, hate Keith and Kenley, like so much.
so true !! your post sums up how i feel about this season, major let down.

some comedy tho, example, conversation between tim and blaine went something like this...

tim: "it looks like sgt. pepper"
blaine: "whats sgt. pepper"
tim: "oh god.... youth"

my reaction = rofl. also we got to hear tim use the phrase "holla at cha boy" nuff said.

but yes overall these contestants are weak sauce :(

I think it's kind of weird that she models herself exactly after Bettie Page. It's kind of lame, I think.

I agree that these designers aren't living up to some of the previous seasons. :\ I really like the metal girl and I think she's a pretty good but not fabulous.

This drag queen episode is tops though.

^LOL, don't hold back now. ;) [meant for steina]
I don't have any favorites yet either. That's a first for me.:(

i literally laughed when tim said, ''holler at your boy?"

Yes, AmorRoark, the metal/leather designer is cool with me, I don't like what she designs but I like her. I also like Terri and Korto, but thats about it, and I am not nuts for either of them.

And thanks for accepting my outburst everyone, lol :)

Anyone else notice that Nina Garcia's new title is "Editor at Large" for Elle magazine. I dislike her too, haha, she's just an old, grumpy witch.

^ Yeah, she got that because apparently she was all falling down on the job at Elle. Her attitude of being superior because of her work on PR caused her to lose the previous position. At least that's the buzz.

AmorRoark said:
^ Yeah, she got that because apparently she was all falling down on the job at Elle. Her attitude of being superior because of her work on PR caused her to lose the previous position. At least that's the buzz.

Yeah thats what I heard I just had no idea how to articulate it, thank you haha. It makes me squeal with delight to know she was demoted (well sort of) and I get shivers and goose bumps up and down my spine when I hear Heidi say her new, less prestigious and stupid title =D. (aren't I just so full of hate tonight??)

Terri was fucking robbed.:X Her design was AMAZING and totally deserved the win. I really liked Stella's design too.

Very entertaining episode, many laughs were had. The drag names were the worst (best?) I've ever heard.:D

i LOVE project runway. i've been hooked since the middle of season 1. last season, i picked christian during the commercials before the premiere. this season though, i really don't have any favorites yet. i agree that kenley's a betty page wannabe... and a bitch. she needs to be put in her place. i want blayne to stick around so we can see how pale he'll become now that he can't go tanning everyday (anyone else see a big difference from his orange color in the beginning to last night's episode?) i hate stella. she's too negative and close-minded. terri and korto have done well, and i've liked joe lately. the fringe guy needs to go. he's already done 3 fringe designs- enough already- branch out!

^Blayne has definitely lost a lot of his tan. I also agree about the fringe guy. He acts like he's so cutting edge, ''I use strips of fabric and I sculpt it . . .'' Dude, it's fucking fabric, it just hangs there.:|

What about this ''Suede'' talking in third person? I actually don't dislike him, he seems like a cool guy, but that shit has gotta go!

:XI'm still pissed about the outcome last night, glad to know someone else felt the same way, steina.

^^^ thank you for mentioning suede! i almost forgot him. i agree that the talking in 3rd person shit is annoying. someone should tell him to stop. i've liked a few of his designs, and he seems like a decent person. i'd like him to win.

i think this is my official announcement of suede as my current favorite. tah-dah!

^ Suede and Blaine annoyed me a lot at first but as the show goes on they just have annoying quirks but aren't total bastards, so I currently like both of them. I am actually starting to like Jerrod (is that his name? its some variation of that) way more than I thought I would at first.

The fringe guy is Keith and he makes me physically ill.
NSFW:
I really really really really wish Keith would have been kicked off last night for his third piece of crap fringe dress but I do honestly think Daniel deserved to go. I liked him and wanted him to do well but he seemed to struggle with every single challenge and was always in the bottom. I never liked what he made, I don't think he is PR caliber, so technically I think the right decision was made. I think Keith will be sent home soon ... I can see him fucking up royally in the future and I relish the opportunity to watch him fall flat on his face.

Joe I have mixed feelings about. He seems to be a pretty solid designer but he really rubs me the wrong way. Anyone remember the episode where he said "there is too much drama because there are too many queens about," yeah that really pissed me off. He is a little too high and mighty as a straight man for my liking.

And again and again, Terri was DEFINITELY robbed. But I think she will be in the final three.

The SEEDS deal was just over the top and ridiculous. WTF? Grandfather? Talking to you? Seeds? Designing? 8(

tough one. i thikn that joe, korto and terri all came up with great designs which totally embraced the theme.

this was a golden opportunity - on this challenge they could go absolutely apeshit, over-the-top and keith and daniel both gave us tired, underwhelming pieces of shit. i don't think jerelle's piece was nearly as bad as the judges made out. i think he catered really well to his model.

alasdair

^^ exactly- jerelle's model said she wasn't over the top and flashy... so she didn't get a huge, gaudy outfit. i wish the judges questioned the models too. then they would have realized that he gave his model exactly what she wanted. at least he wasn't eliminated though.