Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Which is your favourite: Coen Brothers film!!

the amorroak coen brothers poll. pick a classic, any classic.

• Blood Simple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raising Arizona

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Miller's Crossing

• Barton Fink

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • The Hudsucker Proxy

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Fargo

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • The Big Lebowski

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • O Brother, Where Art Thou

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • The Man Who Wasn't There

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Intolerable Cruelty

• The Ladykillers

• No Country For Old Men

Votes: 13 13.1%
  • Burn After Reading

• Total voters

L2R

Bluelight Crew
so, which is it?

and who's looking forward to Burn After Reading, Suburbicon, The Serious Man and Hail Caeser?

for me, barton fink blew my mind more than any of the others.

Fargo is the one that made me fall in love with the brothers, which is a pity because they've done nothing better. ;)

hudsucker & no country are runners up. and raising arizona. :D

but fargo rules over all.

hudsucker is another stand out i'd like to mention

The Big Lebowski FTW! =D

Fargo was the first of their movies I saw, and Barton Fink I saw recently and it haunts me still... No Country For Old Men did the same thing as well, saw it at the cinema with my father and younger brother, we all loved it though.:)

I haven't seen Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing, The Hudsucker Proxy or Intolerable Cruelty, but I may have to get one of them out today to watch tomorrow morning; nothing better then enjoying a film when you're on the come-down from Lucy... any suggestions on which one to watch?

The Big Lebowski, without a doubt.

1. The Big Lebowski
2. No Country For Old Men
3. Fargo
4. O Brother, Where Art Thou
5. The Hudsucker Proxy
6. Raising Arizona
7. Miller's Crossing
8. Blood Simple

The others I haven't seen yet.

Mr. Blonde - I've only seen Blood Simple, Miller's Crossing and The Hudsucker Proxy in your list. I'd go with The Hudsucker Proxy because it's the lightest out of those and that's something I'd be keen on when coming down.

Plus, you know, for kids! :D

i voted for fargo but it was close between that and the big lebowksi.

their unsung masterpiece: the hudsucker proxy
teh suck: no country for old men

:)

alasdair

I said Arizona.

Fargo and No Country share a close second.

Totally burned out on Lebowski. Popular culture ruined it for me. :(

The Big Lebowski, by the length of the straight. Possibly my favourite comedy ever, up there with Life of Brian and Dazed and Confused.

Fargo is the only other one I really like, although Miller's Crossing and Blood Simple were enjoyable as well. Haven't seen No Country yet.

The Big Lebowski is funny, I will give it that. I just don't really see why everyone loves it so much. What I do love is how the Coen Brothers can take any genre film, and make it deep, interesting, and all around excellent. They really know how to take amazing actors and actresses, and get incredible performances out of them. Here are my favorites in order:

1. The Hudsucker Proxy (Hands down amazing. My favorite movie of all time.)
2. No Country for Old Men
3. Barton Fink
4. O Brother Where Art Thou
5. Fargo
6. Millers Crossing
7. Raising Arizona

I'm leaving Intolerable Cruelty off my list, while I don't think it sucked as much as everyone says it did, I thought it wasn't so bad.

i LOVE the coen brothers. i voted for

1. O Brother Where Art Thou? (one of those movies I can watch over and over and never get sick of)
2. Fargo
3. Big Lebowski
4. Raising Arizona
5. No Country
6. Blood Simple
7. Barton Fink
8. Miller's Crossing

honestly, after raising arizona it gets hazy as i love them all, so let's just say they all tie for fifth place.

I was torn between Raising Arizona, Fargo, The Big Lebowski, The Man Who Wasn't There and No Country for Old Men

However, I had to break them into two categories Arizona, Fargo and Lebowski in one corner and the No Country and Man Who Wasn't in another. I just dont think you can compare Raising Arizona to No Country for Old Men.. Im sorry!

Of the first I went Arizona (only just) and in the other group I went No Country. All in all I had to say No Country for Old Men because it was the last film I genuinely felt that 'on the edge of yr seat' feeling.

All in all, it was a tough choice

I picked The Big Lebowski although I wanted to pick Fargo...no, wait I mean Raising Arizona.......no, I mean damn this is hard.

I really liked 'O Brother', but 'Lebowski' is a classic.

Nobody fucks with the Jesus!