Bluelight IRC chat?

Unleashed

Bluelighter
Is there an IRC chat for BL? If not I think there should be one, there would always be a lot of people active and it could benefit many people by getting fast responses to questions. Plus it would be tons of fun. Plxx?? :)

theres aim chatsroom thing in lounge, no irc server (used to have irc.bluelight.nu if i remember correctly but not anymore). having an irc server is pointless and no need for something like that imo

Awww, an IRC channel would rock. But then again, I'd sit in the channel all day instead of work.

there's a #bluelight on undernet where a bunch of old, jaded assholes hang out, and another one on another network, but i cant remember which one anymore. as for "official" though, the bluelight irc server was taken down years and years ago.

You guys should set one up on brokensphere with SSL. I'd chat with ya!

back in the day (01-02ish) you could get your chance to chat to PhreeX, vaaguh, MGS, and others on #otherdrugs. Alas I think those days are gone but tathra are you saying some of these folks are still around?

im know this goes in like a suggestions forum couldnt find one

im suggesting you have a chat thingy that u click on up at the top to chat to other people

gethigh said:
im suggesting you have a chat thingy that u click on up at the top to chat to other people
correct me if I'm wrong somebody but I think the reason the official BL IRC channel shut down was that BL did not want to be affiliated with it directly.

the reason it shut down was because no one felt like dealing with the hassle of running an irc server.

ETA if i am not mistaken, BL's current host would not allow running an irc server.

we got 3 different chatrooms (through AIM) that are not directly affiliated with BL but are advertised here by the people that started them.

(err, TDS chatroom may be directly affiliated with BL, and also that one is on Gabbly, not AIM)

Plus we usually have a talk to yourself thread in The Lounge that sorta acts like a chatroom.

yeah the social threads should be mentioned, across most forums we have an off-topic social chat thread

^ Good point. Aus Social would have the Off Topic thread for example. And etc etc...

Bluelight IRC ?

Is there a bluelight IRC channel running, either australia / any other english speaking.
?

There used to be one on austnet i think..

click one of the related links down at the bottom of the page. there's a few ways to chat. ymmv with any of them.