Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Advice Please - Re Methadone Programme/Oxycontin

rubytuesday

Bluelighter
I'd be grateful if somebody could help me please, with some private questions I have regarding being on the methadone programme.

I'm on the Gold Coast, and the pharmacy I attend daily (except for my occasional permitted takeaway) is wonderful. Staff are lovely.

I've been on the programme for about a year, taking a 120 per day. My habit before, was very very full-on. Lots of pills, out of control! I have a pain condition, and what began as dependence on pain medication, became an addiction in no time. I liked the programme, and the methadone actually helped with my pain condition better than the oxycontin did. That said, in the beginning when my dose was being titrated upwards to find a suitable level comparable to the pills, I was 'stabalised' before I felt 'ready'. I wasn't yet at a dose I felt entirely comfortable on. Have battled cravings for the oxycontin pretty much the whole time, and sometimes the pain does push through the methadone to a point it can be distressing.

Umm.. anyway.. I"ve been cheating. I feel so horribly guilty, because the clinic staff are so lovely, and I'm lying to them when they ask if I"ve taken anything else besides the methadone. I've been having scripts that have been a bit excessive, rather defeating the purpose of being on the programme. I recently told my case worker my dose wasn't holding me and he suggested I could titrate upward in a while. I think this will allow me to be on the programme comfortably without cravings and pain, while I sort my life out. Then, eventually, I hope to wean off and find alternative pain relief. But for now, I don't want to rock the boat.

I have some questions I would like to ask in person, not publicly. Would anybody here who is familiar with the methadone programme, and/or prescribed opiates, mind please emailing me to discuss a few things that are bothering me?

I hope it's okay that I ask this. I would be very grateful for anybody who would like to drop me a line. I'm feeling a little lost right now.

Edit- Removed email address.

Thank you so very much!

xxMegan

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there,

Unfortunately we do not allow people to post their email address.

If you are wanting some questions answered perhaps people can Pm you the information.

6. DON'T ask for someone to email you on Aus Drug Discussion. This is often a very suspicious way to draw attention to yourself and even if it's just a social reason that you want to get in touch with the person, it's better to check their profile and email them on the address listed. If they don't list an email address then they will contact you if they want to, and otherwise will remain uncontactable. This is an important feature of the pseudo-anonymity afforded by choosing a BL nickname and concealing the email address. Clearly, if someone is making it hard to be contacted, this is the way it should stay.

I'm sure your case is genuine.

Also we do have an anonymous posting forum, which you are more then welcome to use in the future if you wish to keep some privacy about your post.

Hope everything works out for you.

If you have any questions feel free to pm myself or one of the other AusDD mods :)

Lil angel15

^^ Agreed. There's no reason to do it by email. Personally I find it a little sus/narcish.