• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

In Cairns - got something suspect, anyone help?

instink

Bluelighter
Hey boys and girls, first post, be gentle :)

Got myself some caps yesterday, the guy reckons they are the same E caps he's been selling for years but they look exactly like the 4-mta caps that were found by the cops recently (see pic below)

So I got myself a test (Chemical Generation 2nd Defence, mandelin reagent) and the test came out orange, which is their colour for ketamine. The guys at Chemical Gen have been very helpful via email but said they have no info on whether 4-mta will react the same as K

So the thrust of my question is, does anyone have any experience or knowledge of testing 4-mta with standard pill tests? I especially want to know if the orange colour I'm getting witht he mandelin test is normal for 4-mta, if anyone knows. thanks!

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight

Well your dealer is lieing if he says he has been selling the same e caps for years. You know from your test's that they are something other then E.

They could be the caps, but I duno. Anyone hit known 4-MTC with a reagent before?

If your caps look 100% like ones in photo and you live in cairns or around that area then I would go back to your dealer asking for exchange , just throw one in the bin and take rest back to him saying you had one and made you sick.

dealers in the area may have bought alot of these and they arent going to throw them in the bin are they ? they will try and sell them off so they dont lose any $$$ also did you get these at a cheaper price than normal ?

Thread re-opened at users request :)

Please note this is not a ID thread.

Lil angel15

Kingpin, i'm trying to get him to take them back tonight. No they were full price unfortunately,... bastards!!

If they look anything like the pictures, chuck em.

Also, the fact it went orange with the regent test, means that its either K, or some other strange chem, and yeah, considering these two things, unless you wanna take 4-mta, chuck em. Has he been sellin these exact same caps for years? Is it possible 4-mta has been around for quite a while in these caps?

According to Erowid, 4-MTA would show no reaction to marquis reagent, so it might be worth trying with that and seeing what comes up.

Of course alot of other things will make no reaction (including bunk substances :)) but it could narrow down the possibilities.

instink said:
Got myself some caps yesterday, the guy reckons they are the same E caps he's been selling for years but they look exactly like the 4-mta caps that were found by the cops recently (see pic below)
surprised no-ones corrected you yet, it wasn't 4-MTA in those caps the cops took, it was 4-MMC. the Journalist or someone who gave him the info have no idea what they are talking about. 4-MTA has killed people, 4-MMC hasn't as far as i know. im not telling you what's in your caps because we can't know that, just telling you there was a major fuckup in that article in the cairns.
4MMC is 4-methylmethcathinone as the title of the article says, but 4-MTA as per erwoid is 4-methylthioamphetamine and "a long-lasting synthetic stimulant and serotonin agonist. It is very uncommon, and best known for causing a number of deaths in Europe in the late 1990s."

Thanks you Mr TIMO.

You people who used the incorrect term are sounding like the ignoramas journalist. If you'd read the 4-methcathinone in Cairns thread, you would know that MTA is not 4-methylmethcathinone. The "T" in 4-MTA stands for thio which represents sulfanyl (sulphur), and the lack of both an N-methyl group and a beta keto group make it a completely different substance, both structure wise, and pharmacologically.

Please stop spreading the Bullshit; learn the correct abbreviation or better still, spell it out!!

Attachments

• 4-MMC_4-MTA-compare.gif
    4-MMC_4-MTA-compare.gif
    3.6 KB · Views: 82
Thanks for all the info guys. After consulting with two "very reliable" local sources last night, we were led to the conclusion that what we had was normal, good quality caps, despite what my reagent test showed.

So we (me and 2 others) decided to head out and try them any way, and just be careful. Effects started quickly, within half an hour, which i unusual for me. Within an hour I was feeling what I can only describe as MDMA type euphoria, chatty, lovey etc, eyes went large but not huge. Then just as quick as it started it faded. Was probably "up" for half an hour or so, then boom all gone... the others I were with had similar but more long lasting effects.

So I had the 2nd one (only had 2 on me) and same story again, up for about half an hour, then quickly fading.

Was able to sleep once I got home but only about 3 hours, now I feel the standard extacy hangover, sore jaw, lethargic, tired but unable to sleep...

I Don't know fi it was 4-MMC or what... honestly they felt like E but just for a much shorter time.

Anwyay I hope my little report helps someone... We paid full price for them so i feel ripped off, but if they had been XXX or something maybe they would have been worthwhile because they still brought a semi-decent high.

[Edit- Removed price. lil angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
instink said:
Thanks for all the info guys. After consulting with two "very reliable" local sources last night, we were led to the conclusion that what we had was normal, good quality caps, despite what my reagent test showed.

So we (me and 2 others) decided to head out and try them any way, and just be careful. Effects started quickly, within half an hour, which i unusual for me. Within an hour I was feeling what I can only describe as MDMA type euphoria, chatty, lovey etc, eyes went large but not huge. Then just as quick as it started it faded. Was probably "up" for half an hour or so, then boom all gone... the others I were with had similar but more long lasting effects.

So I had the 2nd one (only had 2 on me) and same story again, up for about half an hour, then quickly fading.

Was able to sleep once I got home but only about 3 hours, now I feel the standard extacy hangover, sore jaw, lethargic, tired but unable to sleep...

I Don't know fi it was 4-MMC or what... honestly they felt like E but just for a much shorter time.

Anwyay I hope my little report helps someone... We paid full price for them so i feel ripped off, but if they had been XXX or something maybe they would have been worthwhile because they still brought a semi-decent high.

jesus christ, please cross off those people from the "very reliable source". you have too much trust in certain people.
they either had no idea what they were talking about, or where blatantly lying.

what you just described is EXACTLY the effects of 4-MMC. quick come up, short lasting speedy high with a bit of euphoria, hard to sleep properly. yes you got ripped off, but can't believe you took them while still thinking they could have been the very dangerous 4-MTA (even though that was just a mistake on the journalists behalf, thankfully i suppose).

[Edit- Removed price from quote. lil angel15]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Timo, I understand the point you're trying to make by questioning why we took them, but I practically spent all day yesterday on the net looking up effects and all that for 4-MTA, the hype is mostly just that, hype. They aren't a great high but its not likely they will kill you in that qty.

Thats why we still took them even when we thought they were 4-mta, that and because the guys we talked to (both long term friends, who's knowledge I did trust, until now!) were so convinced they were E.

Anyway thanks for the note on the 4-MMC effects, it probably was that then :)

instink said:
Hey Timo, I understand the point you're trying to make by questioning why we took them, but I practically spent all day yesterday on the net looking up effects and all that for 4-MTA, the hype is mostly just that, hype. They aren't a great high but its not likely they will kill you in that qty.

Thats why we still took them even when we thought they were 4-mta, that and because the guys we talked to (both long term friends, who's knowledge I did trust, until now!) were so convinced they were E.

Anyway thanks for the note on the 4-MMC effects, it probably was that then :)
makes me wonder what if the scenario was the other way around, and the stuff in cairns was 4-MTA, and the journo said 4-MMC by mistake. and so you research 4-MMC and decide it's ok to take a certain amount etc, not realising that you're taking a more dangerous chemical, and then the unthinkable happens...

i've never seen a bad reaction to these pills in about 3 months... first time would have been some time in feb

Im guessing there was a small amount of speed in the caps with maybe a bit of md.

plenty of thse pill combination are circulating oz alot more than in the ol' days.
back then a pill would be nice mdma, a speed bomb, or ket. hard to find a decent speed bomb these days, not saying there should be more. Its just i can see alot of pills are getting mixed with speed/or someother stimulant and md.

alot like the pills in UK

id like to state that someone in Cairns had a suspect cap which may / may not have matched the description in the newspaper article ended up in hospital, due to jaw dislocating from excessive forceful vomiting.. the person in mention only ate one of these. remember its your body

(this event occured in the last 7-14 days)

well i do not like the sound of that at all. i've felt the nausea too. lucky i havent had the money for ANYTHING at the moment, i guess..

actually, i have a question.
dont laugh at me if i seem a fool.

why would *everyone* (yeah yeah the youngens) that i've spoken to in cairns recommend caps... and ask for caps when buying X for like the past year... but people i talk to outside cairns are like Fuckkk.. that.

what is the difference??

why would *everyone* (yeah yeah the youngens) that i've spoken to in cairns recommend caps... and ask for caps when buying X for like the past year... but people i talk to outside cairns are like Fuckkk.. that.

Perhaps they have had experience with high qual MDMA caps in the past, or at least have heard the stories....

MDMA powder (in a cap or baggie) might be really pure or really bad, depending mostly on how well it was synthesized and how much it's been cut.

Trouble is, it's easier to cut powder than it is to cut tablets (that requires repressing etc). Knowing most peoples view on an opportunity to profit, it usually gets cut, and the more hands it goes through the worse it usually is.