• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Morphine sulphate be detected by dogs through customs?

Dr Deceptikon

Bluelighter
Do all opiates give off a similiar smell to k9s or just ones in paticular like heroin etc...
I'm wondering what"s the possibility of grandma's Super Deluxe Morpho Cookies being siezed at customs?

That's a really good question! Hmmm...
I'd guess the truly synthetic ones -- demerol, fentanyl, etc -- wouldn't be recognized, as they are structurally quite dissimilar. Heroin, morphine, the -codones, etc are all very similar and so might possibly be recognized.
It's also possible they could smell various byproducts of the heroin synthesis -- so legal opiods wouldn't be noticed. I don't know...

just to be clear, I'm specificly talking about morphine sulphate.
and also, does anyone know how well or what percent of custom packages get dogs ran past them if not all?
[ 19 March 2002: Message edited by: Dr Deceptikon ]

I'm guessing if you keep it in an air tight bag wrapped in old sock or something to mask any scent it may give off you'll be alright. I highly doubt there are any drug dogs in the wolrd that are trained to smell out morphine.

is it just powder, or pills, cuz i would think the pills have so many different binders and what not that the dog wouldnt smell the morphine?

As a precautionary measure simply pay attention to the color coded security levels at the airport. If all else fails you can dress up as a terrorist. That way you'll be sure you can pass right through customs.

I think the best course of action would be to get a daily pill planner, one of those rectangular things with 7 boxes to put pills in. Put some other pills in along with the morphine sulfate.
That's a very legitimate way to have narcotics without the bottle, because a lot of people don't think about it and bring pills on trips with them like that.
It's highly unlikely security would actually go through the effort of reading the imprint codes on the pills to find out what they are. I think the only way they might stop you is if you had a really excessive amount or if they thought you had ecstasy.

no no! i have a source that can send me pure powder from over seas to me. its a real chemical company to, not just some guy. I just want to know the risks.

Consider this:
Morphine is C-II and used by doctors when needed.
Cocaine is C-II and used by doctors when needed.
Pop quiz: Do you think that the dogs could nail a box full of coke?
But customs doesn't take a dog to everything. Nor do they do an exceptionally good job (i've known people who have succeeded in the importation of illegal blades and substances multiple times).
The extremely good news is that a typical customs seizure involves you being sent a note telling you how to contest the seizure and NO criminal charges. However, in the case of a large bag of morphine, they might be tempted to deliver it and then nail you. (See: Legal / search term: 'customs')
Every day people send every single illegal drug through customs, and many of those shipments go through. But do you want to take the risk?
Your call.

That movie scared the crap out of me, I was going to Turkey during that years Christmas. I saw it a few weeks beforehand. I wasn't taking anything on board (at least not after I saw that movie), but still... pretty scary.

I think heroin is the only opiate that has a distinct smell that dogs can detect. I don't think dogs are trained to smell pharms. I just wouldn't carry it on with you. They check almost everywhere with carryon luggage including your shoes and socks which used to be one of the safest places to hide shit in. Which would lead to a good question . How many people have smuggled through the airport since the terrorist attacks and where did you hide it????

I have taken vicodins through airport security, I left on Christmas Eve for London. All I did was put it in my inside jacket pocket. This was after the 9/11 attacks. I took about 7 I believe.. can't remember.
They don't check your shoes and socks everywhere. In Britain they most certainly will ever since that incident with the muslim guy carrying C4 explosives in his shoe heel. I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe they checked my shoes and socks in America once when I was returning from England, but I also remember that at a certain point also that they did not check my shoes or socks.
Oh well, I really can't remember.

Carrying pills through US domestic airport security should be easy -- just put them in a prescription bottle. I carry prescriptions with me while flying all the time, and they've never even looked twice at them, let alone opened them up... and really, no security guard is gonna have any idea what your medication looks like.

If you are staying within the US then you have no problems - they only search for drugs on international flights.... now, if you fly into the US from another country, you MIGHT have a problem if you get swabbed and checked in one of them foul-bangeled sniffing machines, as these will alert for any narcotic... a huge problem was people that would take their pain killer then pack their bags - on their hands, just from touching that pill, it transfered enough residue to alert... same with grandpa and his nitro pills - the machine alerts as an explosives risk...
Anyway, the dogs can detect some morphine dirivitives (sp?) but not all... so take a chance! As others said - toss them into some sort of pill container... if you do not have a bottle in your name thats actually an accurate bottle, a swell idea is to get one of them there pill caddys that holds like a weeks worth of pill, but has spaces for like 6 differnt compartments each day (ie "morning", "early afternoon", "afternoon", etc..) the most expansive one I found had a total of 42 compartments - 6 boxes a day x 7 days... go ahead and stock it with your goodies, then some tylenol, maybe some interesting looking caps of some sort, any other prescriptions you have laying around... if asked (and they don't ask) just say you have AIDS and you're on a cocktail of drugs ..

Originally posted by themagicbean:
[QB]Consider this:
Morphine is C-II and used by doctors when needed.
Cocaine is C-II and used by doctors when needed.
QB]
and they are sometimes used by drs/nurses/RPh's/Pharm techs when NOT needed...but then again, we all knew that. I recently saw one of those "Busted on the Job" shows on Fox that showed an anesthesiologist(sp?) in the O.R inject half of a syringe full of something into himself before admistering it to the patient. Also, on the same show, there was a video of a pharmacist just reaching up on the pharm shelf, grabbing a bottle of some sort of liquid med, taking a great big swig, and replacing it. "Smile! Your on Junkie Candid Camera!"
[ 23 March 2002: Message edited by: Grand Master of Somniferon ]

Originally posted by Grand Master of Somniferon:

and they are sometimes used by drs/nurses/RPh's/Pharm techs when NOT needed...but then again, we all knew that. I recently saw one of those "Busted on the Job" shows on Fox that showed an anesthesiologist(sp?) in the O.R inject half of a syringe full of something into himself before admistering it to the patient. Also, on the same show, there was a video of a pharmacist just reaching up on the pharm shelf, grabbing a bottle of some sort of liquid med, taking a great big swig, and replacing it. "Smile! Your on Junkie Candid Camera!"
Yes, this type thing is fairly common... when I worked in the pharmacy it was fairly common to have doctors come in on a friday evening with a script for something yummy.. amphetamines and barbituates were popular, as were short acting narcotics.. hell, my pharmacist started out each day by adding a couple hundred mg's of codeing syrup to his coffee each morning...