• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

do opiates make you hungry?

i dont get that hungry when i do opiates, i lose my appetite
i actually lost 25+ pounds because of that

No, but they do make me kind of thirsty, which is ftw, because taking a piss on heroin is the second greatest feeling in the world.

^
you are kidding there right? Unless pissing like a girl turns you on.

I do get hungry on opiates , i used to think this was because when i wasnt on opiates i was queezy / sick but now that i use opiates occasionaly i still get hungry

Without question, opioids made me extremely hungry. This was very noticable because I have not historically been a big eater. I don't eat nearly as much now that I am off opioids, although I am a bit better about this as of late.

Opiates can impair your insulin response, which I suppose could result in the craving of sugars.

I remember reading a warning about the use of fentanyl patches in dogs, in which it suggested that dogs should be given limited access to food, as they may eat excessively.

limestoneman said:
No, but they do make me kind of thirsty, which is ftw, because taking a piss on heroin is the second greatest feeling in the world.

What is it about heroin & pissing? I can stand there for hours & nothing comes out, not a drop, but I gotta go.

BingeBoy said:
^
you are kidding there right? Unless pissing like a girl turns you on.
Wat.

browntar said:
What is it about heroin & pissing? I can stand there for hours & nothing comes out, not a drop, but I gotta go.
I piss just fine. You just gotta forget about it. I suppose if your nodding hard enough, it's not going to be possible.

lol about the pissing comments.....never done heroin so i don't get it but ok....lol

I eat more than normal when i do H an Oxy. I get mad crisp cravings, lightly salted Doritos and salsa pretty much hit the spot, but ice cream, butteries and jam (Scottish thing) brownies, jam tarts hell any cake like thing will do me. Fruit also tastes extra good, fresh strawberries and melon, the flavour just explodes in my mouth :D

Opiates kill my hunger with a vengance.
Plus food seems to kill my buzz for some reason.

You are the first I have heard that opiates had this effect.

like weed, doing oxy only makes me hungry about 2 hours maybe an hour and a half after peak/insufflation....

oldfartyoungathart said:
heroin and chocolate milk are a marrage made in heaven

Haha - no doubt!

I always have a 1/2 gallon on hand after a dose...it's just...heaven.

ladyinthesky said:
i dont get that hungry when i do opiates, i lose my appetite
i actually lost 25+ pounds because of that

I was the same way for 4 years until about 3 months ago...now I'm getting MAD cravings for sweets when I'm on them.

It's kind of odd...maybe once you are sick as hell, can't do anything, finally get something in your system and then get something in your stomach.

I know when I'm sick, I hardly drink or eat anything or do anything, for that matter.

Opiates always make me hungry but they especially make me hungry if ive been without them for awile then start taking them again. Even if im not dopesick. They just seem to increase my appetite and i tend to put on weight when im on them as well.

i rarely eat when i'm on opiates... it ruins the buzz for me. i always take them on an empty stomach and don't eat till really late at night when i'm done taking pills for the day and my buzz wears off. they don't make me hungry at all.

I get munchies for things like cereal. Def. sweets. I do the cereal thing because light and not too heavy as to ruin a buzz.

Opiates does not makes me hungry, but opioids like Hydrocodone or Tramadol makes me hungry indeed.

They completely dimish my appetite. I find that I need to force myself to eat because I'll go too long without eating and start to get shaky. Plus, once I eat, I just get really tired and it kind of ruins a good nod. So, generally I don't eat until I'm ready to pass out for the night.