• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ritalin vs. Other Stimulants

Drunken Biatch

Bluelighter
The only stimulant i have ever done is ritalin and i find it makes me really edgy and irratible, but i like the rush that it gives me. Do other stimulants give you that edgy feeling aswell?
just wondering

No. I've only found it to be a problem with ritalin and snorted coke.
I have a nice, calm, euphoric, non-edgy feeling with IV coke, oral adderall and dexedrine, and oral and IV meth. I find though that snorting/smoking stimulants makes me edgy, while doing stimulants orally and shooting them does not have this edge.

Originally posted by fairnymph:
No. I've only found it to be a problem with ritalin and snorted coke.
I have a nice, calm, euphoric, non-edgy feeling with IV coke, oral adderall and dexedrine, and oral and IV meth. I find though that snorting/smoking stimulants makes me edgy, while doing stimulants orally and shooting them does not have this edge.

You should probably tell him that your methods of intake are impacted only by your psycological expectations of the drugs. The chemical's impact on your brain isn't going to be drasticly altered by your method of intake. Duration, intensity yes. But how "edgy" it makes you? Come on, method of intake isn't going to impact that. Now this kid is going to only beable to IV his stims cause he expects snorting it will make him edgy.

Ritalin and coke do have a similar edge though. Isnt smoking similar to injection?

I hate Ritilan and love coke. I've foundnd that coke doesn't give that edgy feeling that ritilan does. Untill the comedown.

that's hard to answer.
what someone may call edgy, i may call high, or even euphoric. Coke makes me irratable on the comedown, just becuz i want more. with meth tho, i usually just fucking crash and sleep for a while.
the common denomonater, i think it is safe to say, for occasional tweekers you will have a feeling of being stimulated. hence the name stimulants.
i say occasional becuz for myself, when i go on a binge for a while, if i don't exceed my tolerance level i have a sluggish feeling.
perhaps i'm wierd, but i'm not bullshitting.

Come on, method of intake isn't going to impact that.
I disagree. Different methods of administration DO have noticeably different effects. If something hits you harder and without even a semi-gradual comeup, it makes sense that this would jolt your nerves in a way that would make you feel "edgy".

Are there any prescription medications out there that are not in the amphetamine category that produce the same amount of energy as ones that are like Ritalin and Adderall?

^^^
Ritalin (methylphenidate) is not an amphetamine...
Other stimulant drugs (though these are amphetamines) include: dexedrine, desoxyn, and pemoline (cylert).

for my own experience ritalin is least edgy and irritant from the whole bunch. there is some slight pression but overal i found it somewhat calming and relaxing and with me did not create the horrible stimulant comedown from speed and especcially coke. but this may very from one person to another. it is maybe the mildest and most controlable upper. although KHAT was very nice to if you can get it from some somalic guy do it.