Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Wtf is up with antidrug things saying you can smoke lsd :S

Flinch

Bluelighter
Yeah, well, at school, in every pe text book, and random brochures, sheets etc etc, alot of them say you can smoke lsd, i know this is completely impossible, but, why dont they?

They are ment to know about drugs. How the hell am i ment to belive anything they say when they get something so downright simple wrong. They also say you can inject and snort it, while, i know you can do that, ive only heard of afew people who say theyve injected, and if you wanna snort it, i dno, maybie cut it by 100 fold :S

And theres so much other bs they tell us, its insane!

LSD will get complete destroyed when that much heat is involved

its a very fragile molecule

It sucks that all anti drug info is so loosely based on fact 8) WE NEED EDUCATION PEOPLE! Not fucking propaganda.:|

I don't even see a point of these anti-drug people saying you can smoke LSD. Maybe they are just totally clueless?

I know an idiot who smoked a hit of blotter on top of a cone, I really wanted to talk him out of it but I know there would have been no chance in me talking him out of it, theres alot of dumb people around.

Ive noticed alot of drug pamphlets give out alot of mis-information. Its all just to scare ya, if you wanna know the true facts you know the only place to go is BL.

the_ketaman said:
if you wanna know the true facts you know the only place to go is BL.

Which still should be taken with a grain of salt.... As much as people try to be on the money, there are still douche bags who talk a lot of shit.

After all, you're dealing with a bunch of druggies, and who can trust them? %)

^^True, i'll rephrase my point.

If you want to get anywhere near finding real facts come to BL, because most other drug sites(even websites that are pro-drug) are full of shit. BL at least has alot of great info on plenty of substances.

Dont trust anything or anyone!

Maybe they said that you could smoke LSD because they knew that it wouldn't work and therefor making the ingestion of the LSD not work and their you go theirs your harm reduction because it will do jack shit... Unless their is something dangerous in their that works when smoked.

Just a suggestion to see what you guys think....

Anyone who would think about taking such a drug without researching it deserves to burn their blotter in a futile attempt to get high

I can understand the disbelief at such a seemingly nonsensical comment, but you've really got to consider the motives behind these anti-drug campaigns. They are designed to entirely deter anyone from using a substance (whether they are effective at this or not is another debate). As such, there simply is no interest in providing information that essentially describes the most effective method of consumption to "get high" from a substance. The sole intent is to demonize the substance in question. It simply wouldn't fit within their argument to say "this substance is so dangerous it's illegal and we don't want you to use it, but if you do, your best bet is to inject because oral consumption would be a waste!" - such being the case with Heroin, which (like your LSD example) is often touted by anti-drug campaigns as being used orally, despite being (relatively) inefficient.

Don't get me wrong, I'm entirely against the way these issues are currently being approached, and I would much prefer an emphasis on harm minimization, specifically with valid information about dosages and how to avoid unnecessary risks being made widely and easily available. But this information will never appear in anything that is solely designed as a deterrent.

Last edited:
You must be a youngen flinch?

Don't believe anything those evil anti drug pamphlets or teachers tell you LOL

I understand what there trying to do.. But in no way to i agree with it.

In the end it's all bullshit when it comes down too facts, same as most of the shit represented on the news/media..

I don't even watch it anymore, because its all propaganda too me

I like to have my 'own' views and opinions on stuff, not everyone else's :)

haha i get so frustrated when i hear of people smoking LSD and shrooms and stuff.

i have told my friends many of times that smoking the stuff will be an epic failure, but they are still keen as beans on wanting to try it 8(
sometimes i just do not understand.

Please, let it be clear, i dont believe this, never have, and i take everything else they say with a grain of salt. I find it amazing that just after abit of poking around for a year or so on erowid (no serious study or research into various substances) i know a ton more than these so called drug educators, i lectured my teacher about so much mis information he gave, its nuts!

Maybe by associating LSD with something that is considered a much more "dangerous" or potentially addictive method of administration, it can help to demonise what is a relatively benign drug.

I've never read anything like this, maybe I need to go back to school ;)

[eK] said:
haha i get so frustrated when i hear of people smoking LSD and shrooms and stuff.

i have told my friends many of times that smoking the stuff will be an epic failure, but they are still keen as beans on wanting to try it 8(
sometimes i just do not understand.
snow cones bro!

aaah how many idiots are out there sprinkling crushed pills on their cones...

drug education in school is so shit.
i swear ive read a pamphlet thats listed lsd and acid as separate drugs...

Firstly, LSD is not all that heat sensitive. In fact, it's a bit of a myth.

As vecktor mentions in a recent thread in Advanced DD, analysis techniques for LSD using gas chromatography can involve temperatures of up to 150 degC for several minutes. If a reduced pressure vessel was used, it could be possible for the temperature of vaporisation to be reduced considerably. LSD melts at 80 degC at std room temp & pressure and vaporisation likely occurs close to this point.

chugs said:
^ and yet is it possible to smoke?

I would say that's a yes, if vaporization occurs a bit above 80C.

What effect would an open flame have though, from what I gather an open flame is quite different to heating it to the point of vaporization.

What effect would an open flame have though, from what I gather an open flame is quite different to heating it to the point of vaporization.

Absolutely. An open flame can easily reach temperatures of over 1,000 deg C. That is more than enough to decompose any organic molecule.