Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

What is the process of getting on bupe?

the_ketaman

Bluelighter
I did a search and suprisingly found no useful info.

Tomorrow im going to see a detox unit but its an outpatient program, im not exactly sure of the details but ive got a few questions.

What is the process of getting on bupe(suboxone/subutex) in NSW?

I am hoping that I will be able to start a program tomorrow but is it that easy and will I have to wait? There is no way in hell im getting on methadone as the addiction potential to that stuff scares the shit outta me and ive seen firsthand the damage done and WD's and all that, some people have said they would have rather just stayed on heroin because methadone WD's are enough to make the most tough grown man cry, so methadone is out of the question.

MODS: Edit my post if im breaking any rules, I just really, really need some help and info atm.

Thanks peoples.

[EDIT: Fine line. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
its pretty easy, you go in there and talk to them. they then draw up a plan for you and usually they just make u wait until u show signs of withdrawal. they also suggest about 24 hours since your last hit before dosing your bupe. from my memory they said the 24 hour wait was because bupe makes the withdrawals hit you harder??? i may have been fibbed to by the hospital???

If you still have opiates in your system Bup will precipitate withdrawal instantly. So ye 24 hours usually since your last shot. Some people love bup, I hate it, Methadone isn't that bad if you taper vvveeerrryyy slowly.
Besided that getting on bup is very easy, the clinic will do all of it for you.
Good luck.

They wouldnt give it to me and said I had to go cold turkey. Didnt even get hardly any WD's second time round. I think me getting worse WD's was something to do with my other medication so dont feel I need the drugs anymore.

Hospital detox workers can be FUCKING RUDE BITCHES!!!...

Sorry hoptis I would have been trashed and ive been writing stupid posts lately so yer whatever I did thanks for fixing it.

google suboxone, go to their main webpage, type in your zip code, and it should list a number of doctors who are certified to write you a script.