Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Intranasal Mescaline

theWorldWithin

Bluelighter
intranasal mescaline

I have heard a few mentions of this in the big and dandy thread and other places on the net but very few details on dosage and qualatative experience. Can anyone comment on snorting mescaline crystals? Comments on onset, duration, quality, edgyness or lack thereof, side effects, etc?

per request i'm going to move this out of the Big & Dandy thread for a little while and see how it does on it's own

Lotsa powder to go up your nose, doable im sure but snorting 400mg of a phen up my nose doesnt sound fun.

^ yeah good point ketaman i wonder how much mescaline burns. if it's anything like the 2c's 400mg would be some unbearable fucking agony for me anyhow

Last edited:
SomeKindaLove said:
^ yeah good point ketaman i wonder how much mescaline burns. if it's anything like the 2c's 400mg would be some unbearable fucking agony for me anyhow

True, but if you extracted the mescaline and left it (or converted it into) freebase form, I bet it'd burn a lot less. I've always read that the burn of insufflated 2c-x comes from the fact that it's in the hydrochloride form.

It's a baby! said:
True, but if you extracted the mescaline and left it (or converted it into) freebase form, I bet it'd burn a lot less. I've always read that the burn of insufflated 2c-x comes from the fact that it's in the hydrochloride form.
i always hear that dmt freebase burns a lot more up the nose than if you convert it to a salt first. additionally, mescaline freebase is quite caustic, and will react with CO2 in the air to form mescaline carbonate pretty rapidly.

the burn aside, I don't think the amount of powder is that ridiculous. Three 100mg lines of cocaine is not abnormal, at all. Why couldn't you do the same with mescaline?

The thing is, mescaline last so fuckin long. I don't think that snorting it would really cut down on the duration that much, except for the fact that maybe not all of it would absorb in your nose. once its in your blood though, mescaline lasts a long long time.

Snorting it might be alright to start tripping faster, and would probably be a good booster mid-trip. I don't think its practical at all as an initial method of ingestion.

/on mescaline

I would think that intranasal dosage proportional to oral dosage with other phenethylamines would be a reliable guide for mescaline too i.e. 200-300mg for a +++. Maybe look at TMA-x intranasal doses proportional to oral for the closest comparisons if you can find them. If I eventually get some pure or almost pure mescaline and want to conserve material I will use it rectally instead of intranasally due to the volumes involved and comparative bioavailability (if it burns as bad as other phens 200-300mgs might cause so much mucus production that you'll end up swallowing most of the mescaline.) If it was synthetic I'd probably even use staggered IM doses before using it intranasally. Conversion is a good idea assuming the freebase will absorb as well. Maybe conversion to mescaline acetate or another weaker acid would make for a lesser burn while retaining absorptive qualities? It seems like a pain in the ass but it might just be worth it.

I ask this because the few mentions of intranasal use I have read have stated that lower doses produce more of a amphetamine or rolling type sensation with some mind expanding qualities. Also the duration was alegedly reduced by a pretty significant amount (4 hours vs 12 if I recall correctly). More along the lines of a recreational experience. I agree that a full +++ dose up the nose is not the wisest idea. Also some report that smoking mescaline after coming up on the oral dose will rocket you into a DMT like hyperspace that lasts for hours. So clearly the potential for a varied effect profile is present depending on ROA.

I am most interested in peoples experiences from a subjective point of view and the duration/onset.

It's a baby! said:

I was under the impression that mescaline in its freebase form was extremely caustic and would burn the skin upon contact

why not plug it instead? I've been considering this as a route of administration, but really in the end oral is best for phenethylamines (personal opinion) because the rough/quick onset of IM/insufflation/rectal admin can color the trip in a negative way and make it much less profound (not to mention shorter thus making it harder to integrate the experience).

that said, I'm curious like you WorldWithin if anybody has snorted mescaline (or plugged it) and what the effects are (effects on duration and potency of material).

I do think you should do a 'tester' dose of like 50mg (even this is a lot of powder!) before you commit to a 100+mg dose! That stuff might REALLY burn!

inSaMity said:
I was under the impression that mescaline in its freebase form was extremely caustic and would burn the skin upon contact

This is true... phenethylamine freebases (most at least) are caustic oils. Tryptamine freebases are solids. Different types of compounds.

^ nitpicking but it depends on what temperature they are at of course tryptamine freebases could be liquid or vapor (ok really nitpicking =D).

I would NOT snort mescaline freebase. It might be worth trying the hydrobromide salt though. With 2C-B anyway, the hydrobromide is slightly more water-soluble than the hydrochloride, decreasing the burn.

samadhi_smiles said:
why not plug it instead?

It's going to be quite tricky explaining to the doctor why you have alkaline burns up your rectum tho samadhi :D

You could try squeezing half a pint of cactus snot up there - that's been done before. Beware anal leakage tho.

^ why do you expect mescaline to be anymore caustic than amphetamine, methylenedioxymethamphetamine, 2,5dimethoxy-methyl-phenethylamine? All of those are plugged in the 100-200mg dose range.

It seems like making a tea from cuttings is easier than snorting shit or sticking it up your ass... :p

Actually rectal administration is quite easy... the reason for doing another method of administration over a tea is because the tea causes terrible nausea for many people. Rectal admin actually bypasses nausea and most of the bodyload of most things I've tried it with.