• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

bioavailability of Hydrocodone Sublingually ?

Alotsa

Bluelighter
bioavailability of Hydrocodone Sublingually ?

I did a search and to my surprise this question is not really covered. So I'm guessing its probably common knowledge that its not worth it to administer this drug under the tongue compared to oral other Wise it would be covered a lot more. But still Ive got to wonder if avoiding the first pass metabolism makes this drug more effective. Despite tasting horrible I would be willing to do this if it was indeed more efficient.
Does any one (or has any one) administered there Hydrocodene sublingualy? And is it worth it?

Thanks blue.

i don't know anything about differences in bioavailability or effects, but...
i can keep a wide variety of unpleasant tasting pills under my tongue, even rolls, but the idea of holding a handful of vicodin in my mouth sounds quite unbearable.

though i've seen people chew up and hold shrooms in there mouth, so i guess, if you put your mind to it, anything's possible.

Oral BA is already about as high as you can get, so why not just stick to that?

Im almost positive that the sublingual BA will be lower, or just about the same, making it an unnecessary way to take it.

There's no reason to think that it'd be lower as it avoids first pass metabolism and anything not absorbed will be swallowed (sort of complicates the issue, since instead of comparing apples and oranges, you're comparing a apple/orange juice cocktail.

This nonsense about bioavailability is constantly repeated with an apparent lack of thought of what the actual benefit of different routes of administration is. Yes, some really need to be administered by routes other than oral because of poor oral b.a. That's besides the point.

Opiate-induced euphoria is directly linked to the speed with which the drug fills and stimulates the receptors.

Since oral is one of the slower routes (bested only by transdermal that I can think of right now), it will produce less euphoria than other ROAs.

Any alternative route that gets the drug to the brain quicker will cause more euphoria. Almost universally sublingual allows for better b.a., though in some cases the dose will need to be adjusted up some, and it will always (someone find some outlyer to prove me wrong here! I'm sure there are some) allow for faster access to the brain.

Viola! More euphoria.

Heroin isn't more euphoric because it's more potent- it's more euphoric because it hits the brain faster.