Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Misinformation regarding Psilocybin spore prints

dextrous

Bluelighter
Hey there is a locked thread on this board about they legality of psilocybe spore prints being imported to Australia. All those who replied has said they are illegal to possess and will get caught by customs.

This is in fact FALSE.

I have imported spore prints (Psilocybe Cubensis) which have been checked by customs, with a sticker and all, and still passed through without any problems.

Spore prints are used for Mycology and studied under a microscope. They are in no way illegal to possess or receive in the mail.

This is Australia wide, so don't be hesitant to order any spore syringes or prints. Australia needs more mushroom cultivators out there (to spread the love) and to see such misinformation being spread on this site is a shame, I had to make a thread.

Thanks, deX.

Last edited:
dextrous said:
I have imported spore prints (Psilocybe Cubensis) and spore syringes (also Cubensis) which have been checked by customs, with a sticker and all, and still passed through without any problems.

Spore prints are used for Mycology and studied under a microscope. They are in no way illegal to possess or receive in the mail.

Maybe they did not know what they were looking at?. Just because it got through customs does not mean it's legal.

and I'm not saying it's illegal.

I'm just saying I wouldn't trust you based on the fact that customs looked at it and let it through.

Its legal to have spore prints, but illegal to have spore syringes. I couldnt be bothered finding links but im pretty sure that lays down the rules.

IWillHostIt said:
Maybe they did not know what they were looking at?. Just because it got through customs does not mean it's legal.

and I'm not saying it's illegal.

I'm just saying I wouldn't trust you based on the fact that customs looked at it and let it through.

The package the prints came in have the strain name and species.. Believe me or not - it isn't my loss,Edit-

now keep it nice people :) madmick19

Last edited by a moderator:
what's with the insult? I did assume it was labeled, edit

same as above madmick19

Drugs and narcotics (restricted import)

Description:

Drugs being chemicals and compounds as listed in Schedule 4 of the Customs (Prohibited Imports) Regulations. This includes

* isomers or mixture of isomers of a controlled chemicals or compounds;
* a derivative of a controlled chemical or compound, including isomers and mixtures of isomers;
* substances or things that contain controlled chemical/s or compound/s, including isomers and mixtures of isomers, and derivatives; or
* other chemicals and compounds that are an immediate precursor to a controlled chemical or compound.

Exemption

Passengers arriving on board a ship or aircraft do not need a permit if:

* the drug is required for their own medical treatment or the treatment of another passenger or animal under their care; AND
* has been prescribed by a medical practitioner or veterinarian and the original prescription is presented upon arrival; AND
* the amount of drug/s does not exceed three (3) months supply at the maximum prescribed dosage.

If the prescription is not in English, then a version translated into English must also be presented. The exemption only applies to drugs carried in the passenger's accompanied baggage.

Passengers aged 18 years or more do not need a permit to import kava if:

* the kava is in either root or dried form;
* the amount of kava does not exceed 2 kilograms; and
* the kava is carried in the passenger's accompanied baggage.

These exemptions apply only to passengers. Any amount of controlled drugs imported by other means such as post or air cargo require a permit.

Permits issued by:

Minister for Health and Ageing

More information:

More information about substances controlled under Customs legislation and licensing and permit requirements is available from the Therapeutic Goods Administration website.

Address:

Requests to import these goods should be addressed to:

Therapeutic Goods Administration
GPO Box 100
WODEN ACT 2606
Telephone: 1800 020 653
E-mail: [email protected]

i'm surprised you can bring in spores given the potential biological risks to the local ecosystem.

Mmm...if they're legal, I might give importing them a go. It might be the only way I get to try mushrooms anytime soon.

Mr Blonde said:
Mmm...if they're legal, I might give importing them a go. It might be the only way I get to try mushrooms anytime soon.

That's the way to go mate... I started off just like you, no way to get mushrooms so I endevoured to grow them myself..

I had a lot of fun and its satisfying knowing the first mushrooms I ate were products of my own.

Mr Blonde said:

QFT

now the real question, anyone got any reccomendations? :p

Don't do PF-Tek, it's stupid and yields low weight and low potency fruits. If I can recommend anything I would recommend the Monotub technique. I won't give you any links for monotub pictorials or tek's because there are so many out there just look for yourself.

I have done both kinds of grows and a monotub is much, much easier to setup than the PF-Tek.

The reason people recommend the PF-Tek is that there is low chance of contamination, but as long as you follow the guides to the fine details you will not have any problems.

Monotubs are easier because you don't have to create an elaborate micro-climate for the mushrooms to grow, like you would with a fruiting chamber in PF-Tek.

customs sending on a package is by no means an indicator of legality/illegality.

Anything with a restricted chemical in it is considered the same as the chemical, even a plant, so if the spores contain "Psilocin and its derivatives being those derivatives having hallucinogenic properties" or "Psilocybin and its derivatives being those derivatives having hallucinogenic properties" then yes, it is illegal.

marklar_the_23rd said:
customs sending on a package is by no means an indicator of legality/illegality.

Anything with a restricted chemical in it is considered the same as the chemical, even a plant, so if the spores contain "Psilocin and its derivatives being those derivatives having hallucinogenic properties" or "Psilocybin and its derivatives being those derivatives having hallucinogenic properties" then yes, it is illegal.

Spores do not contain psilocybin. Thank you and get out of my thread.

If you have no idea what you're talking about then don't comment or reply, misinformation spread amongst message boards (like these) are what makes forums so untidy and unreliable.

dextrous said:
Spores do not contain psilocybin. Thank you and get out of my thread.

If you have no idea what you're talking about then don't comment or reply, misinformation spread amongst message boards (like these) are what makes forums so untidy and unreliable.

LOL. Nice attitude. <3

just because you got them through, doesnt make it legal!.

what are you basing your info on? the fact you got one package through?

You have not taken into account this wonderful thing called "Intent". The general consensus on the ethnobotany boards is that prints are OK but syringes imply that you intend to cultivate and can be considered illegal. the fact that you got some through says nothing about the legality of them, i know people who have had gbl sent in the mail, held, opened, stickered and sent on. yet that one is definitely illegal.

marklar_the_23rd said:
LOL. Nice attitude. <3

just because you got them through, doesnt make it legal!.

what are you basing your info on? the fact you got one package through?

You have not taken into account this wonderful thing called "Intent". The general consensus on the ethnobotany boards is that prints are OK but syringes imply that you intend to cultivate and can be considered illegal. the fact that you got some through says nothing about the legality of them, i know people who have had gbl sent in the mail, held, opened, stickered and sent on. yet that one is definitely illegal.

I base my information on facts. Nobody has EVER been incriminated for possession of spore prints in Australia, you wanna know why? Because they're legal :O :O

A simple way to prove my point is to look at the online spore vendors. They ship to Australia with no problems, but refuse to ship to states in America (like California) because spores are illegal in Cali, but not Australia. If it were illegal to ship to Asutralia the website will be taken down and the owners prosecuted.

Edit- madmick19................ removed inflammatory comments

Did I not say that spore prints are considered ok?

its all about intent

its the syringes that can be a problem, due to the intent to grow them.

Your "proof" is fundamentally flawed. Online stores are not required to check the laws of the places they are sending to. It is up to the receiver (you). They have no problem sending shit here because they wont get busted. however, if shipments get stopped regularly, then they will stop sending to that destination, because every reship costs them money. I know websites that i can order pot online and they will send to australia (for the record i have never done that, why would i, theres a dude down the road from me).... Going by your argument that one site makes it legal.

and i will argue with you because you are inciting people to import spore syringes with the intent to grow them into shrooms and that, my friend, is illegal. Your attitude isn't helping either.

marklar_the_23rd said:

its all about intent

Your "proof" is fundamentally flawed. Online stores are not required to check the laws of the places they are sending to.
It is up to the receiver (you). They have no problem sending shit here because they wont get busted. however, if shipments get stopped regularly, then they will stop sending to that destination, because every reship costs them money. I know websites that i can order pot online and they will send to australia (for the record i have never done that, why would i, theres a dude down the road from me).... Going by your argument that one site makes it legal.

and i will argue with you because you are inciting people to import spore syringes with the intent to grow them into shrooms and that, my friend, is illegal. Your attitude isn't helping either.

Egh.. Yes they are, what are you on about?

(edit removed link, no sources to be listed please........................madmick19)

The dodgey site you can get weed from operates privately, doesn't it? ANY public website involved in activities as such named would be gone in an instant. Remember overgrow? And that was just for seed trades.

dextrous said:

Here is one example for you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by marklar_the_23rd

its all about intent

Your "proof" is fundamentally flawed. Online stores are not required to check the laws of the places they are sending to. It is up to the receiver (you). They have no problem sending shit here because they wont get busted. however, if shipments get stopped regularly, then they will stop sending to that destination, because every reship costs them money. I know websites that i can order pot online and they will send to australia (for the record i have never done that, why would i, theres a dude down the road from me).... Going by your argument that one site makes it legal.

(edit removed link, no sources to be listed please........................madmick19)
The dodgey site you can get weed from operates privately, doesn't it? ANY public website involved in activities as such named would be gone in an instant. Remember overgrow? And that was just for seed trades.

kill the link, it's spam, and lose the attitude