• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Caffeine: Need some answers for a school project

nilistic

Bluelighter
Hey,
I'm doing a project related to the effects of caffeine and how people abuse the drug. I had some trouble finding some information on the methods of taking caffeine (other than through the mouth). Can caffeine be snorted? Can it be injected? Are the effects the same as injesting through the mouth? I'd appreciate any help. Thank you.

A friend of mine doing first year chem at uni extracted some in an experiment and had some lines of it during the lab, he said "it was like drinking 20 cups of coffee at once"
As for injecting it, you'd have to be a dickhead to do it on purpose... but ppl who fit pills might unknowingly inject cafine into their circulatory system.

Actually, I did do a search and I found nothing that would be useful. I read a trip report on Erowid of someone who did snort caffeine - but he didn't provide suffient information.

a school project, hmmmm..... sure you can't afford any meth and are trying to find an alternative?

No, people can become dependant on it in a way, and they're sluggish and tired if they don't have caffeine. Whether this is due to some kind of psychological dependance, poor sleep and health habits, or both is up for debate.
Anyway, some people who like to crush up and snort random pills like to crush and snort No-Doz and Vivarin.

There was a post from a mod (forget who) that was trying to wean off of a 4 liter a day habit, and was apperently having withdrawl symptoms. Ask anyone that tries to quit drinking coffee that consumes a lot through out the day, and you will see that it IS addictive. Interestingly enough, I was reading an article about Ritalin abuse, which stated that some drugs when taken as directed don't really produce a high, but when ingested some other way, such as snorting or injecting, become very addictive. It went on to say that when caffiene is injected, it produces a high similar to cocaine. Not that I would ever try this, or recommend anyone doing it, but it was an interesting little tidbit. But, seeing how it was a statement made by the mass media (Newsweek or one of those), I would hesitate to believe it.

The whole point of my project isn't about drugs that are obviously abused. I got the idea for this project when I read that a girl living in my city died from taking a bottle of caffeine pills. Really, I cannot believe some of you people.

In general, people who say taking ________ produces a high similar to (insert name of Schedule I or II substance here) have no experience with the drug they're comparing the other to.
Do you know if this bottle-of-caffeine pills death was a suicide, one of those "cry for help" things where it wasn't meant to be a suicide, or just ignorance? I used to take vivarin when I was too lazy to make a cup of coffee, but damn...

Caffeine can be injected, though I've never heard of anyone doing such a thing. Only the citrate salt (to my knowledge) is reasonably soluble in warm water.

Heh. I always thought that maybe in NYC you could open a "coffee shop" where caffeine is injected, instead of being served in hard to pronounce $10 drinks.
I'm not sure if that would be viewed as edgy or horrifying, given America's fear of IV drug use.

Sorry, caffine is most certainly a drug which is abused. Possibly the most in the world, second only to nicotine.

i work in a busy restaurant and all the regular staff members work long and gruelling hours. as it is an italian restaurant naturally we have an espresso machine which staff are welcome to use. two staff members in particular who are very tired at the beginning and end of every shift, drink loads of coffee in order to help them with their work load. they both experience bad stomach problems, yellow teeth, bad skin etc. as a result. neither of them do any other drugs, though perhaps have experimented in the distant past. i think that caffeine is a drug which can be abused. but about other methods of taking it... rubbing coffee grinds on your gums? i haven't really heard of any methods that people habbitually use. wouldn't a person only snort/inject/plug caffeine if they were desperate/bored/double dared/experimenting and not do it regularly?

I've seen people that literally cannot function in the morning untill they have finished a cup of coffee. That shit is plenty addictive.

Caffine is soluble in water so I guess you could snort it , but high levels of caffine can be very unpleasant so I don't think very many people engage in this. Do a school project on a more interesting substance.

>>article about Ritalin abuse, which stated that some drugs when taken as directed don't really produce a high, but when ingested some other way, such as snorting or injecting, become very addictive.
funny. I can confirm that oral use of methylphenidate will get you (me) high.
ebola
np: tool

i've snorted it, but it's a useless method, crushing it up and parachuting it increases asborption just as fast.
plus it burns like hell to snort em.