• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

I dont see what all the buzz about Opana ER is. I got Rxed 60 20mg ERs last month, I didnt really like them that much, they fucked my nose up, were expensive as hell, and I never got messed up on them, it just made it impossible for me to feel my roxis. So this month I got changed to just regular morphine er and I am much happier.

The king of opiates is heroin. I hate to say it, but the moment I run across heroin, oxymorphone, or hydromorphone, I will be taking a little break from my bupe.

^ Seriously.
Oxymorphone is not the king of opiates. Nor is it the "holy grail." Its ridiculous how some BLers made this random opiate seem like a gift from God himself.

Also, Atlien3, a simple search, or use of the directory/mega merged threads would have given you the answers you seek in seconds.

Merging w/ mega opana thread

johanneschimpo said:
^ Seriously.
Oxymorphone is not the king of opiates. Nor is it the "holy grail." Its ridiculous how some BLers made this random opiate seem like a gift from God himself.

Also, Atlien3, a simple search, or use of the directory/mega merged threads would have given you the answers you seek in seconds.

Merging w/ mega opana thread

Well, different people have different preferences. I would take a bottle of Opana's over a couple grams of heroin. I've never really had much luck with smack, and Opana just hits the right spots for me. Same reason there are so many cars out there on the road: choices.

johanneschimpo said:
Right. So we agree there is no "king" or "holy grail," its just personal preference.

Absolutely; everyone has their own "Holy Grail". For example, you might nut in your pants over two bags of high-quality East Coast white powder Heroin, while I'd blow my load over a "misplaced" 100ct bottle of 10mg Opana IR's. We'd each be getting exactly what we want, and fortunately for me, this doesn't drive up the price of Opana to ridiculous levels on the street ;) (though I've never actually seen it sold on the street; but shit, it's worth $1/mg to me; I can't believe ppl pay that for oxycodone though lol)

nleksan said:
You don't "take off" the time release, you "defeat" it by grinding the pill into a super-fine powder and dicing it up even finer with a knife/razor.

It probably would have been a better idea to read through this thread, because you would learn that Opana, or oxymorphone, is only about 10% bio-available orally. Add in the fact that you have an 8 to 12 hour time-release, you're only getting about 4mg of oxymorphone into your bloodstream over that entire period of time. It should have had the coating removed (as with OC's), been ground up as described above, and small amounts insufflated (depending on tolerance; no tolerance and you want to do 2-4mg bumps) every 20-30 minutes until the desired high is achieved. Eating a meal full of fats would have increased the intranasal BA even more. As it is, insufflation results in about 40-45% BA. After a fatty meal, it can go up to anywhere between 55-75% BA when snorted. When eaten, Opana doesn't produce much psychoactive effects. In fact, I would go so far as to say unless you are completely opiate naive, you won't feel anything off of that pill, and there's not much you can do now that you've already eaten it (except to take 50-75mg of Benadryl, or diphenhydramine, to "potentiate" the pill).

These pills do provide excellent analgesia when taken orally, but they are also noted for not providing much, if any, physical impairment. Orally, they're ideal for cancer/chronic-pain patients who want to live as normal of a life as possible while being pain-free but not doped-up.

These pills also provide an absolutely amazing high when snorted (and you come pretty close to meeting God himself when injected), and IMO/IME, they are the most euphoric opiate there is. Better than Dilaudid, better than Heroin (which I've now had some experience with, and was, frankly, disappointed; too similar to morphine), WAY better than morphine, and just not even close to the same level as oxy/hydro-codone. It is a social, energetic, talkative high (and if injected, it all begins with a rush that is better than having sex with Jessica Alba, Scarlett Johansen, and Angelina Jolie (pre-Billy Bob Thornton) at the same time, every day, for 3 hours) that transforms into a comfortable, warm, sedating "opia-tion" that transcends any other narcotic analgesic known to man. It's like being wrapped in the world's softest silk while being engulfed in a cloud of cotton-balls. Your physical pain is so completely disappeared that, I would say, you truly become "comfortably numb". It also makes you more interested in mundane things, and your hobbies become absolutely fascinating. I am a car-guy, and I would sit and read my BMW and Porsche magazines for hours while on Opana, just absorbing every detail, completely engulfed in the stories.

People say it's over-rated. I say people are over-rated. It is the only opiate, only DRUG, that has ever made me feel total, complete BLISS. Everyone is different, so some people may just not respond well to it, I guess, but IMO I don't see how they can perfect on the drug. It's the one opiate who's high I never had to "chase", it was always there, waiting for me to get off work. The 100th time shooting it was as good as the first time; it just didn't get old. All other opiates started to bore me after having (unlimited) access to whatever pharmaceutical I wanted. Morphine got boring quick, Dilaudid took longer but the boredom still reared its head, Fentanyl is fun still but always ends up with me too fucked up (nods when I don't want nods), and the -codones leave me disappointed. Oxycodone is alright sometimes, but it needs to be a good amount of it, and it needs to be lots of Oxy and very little filler (a la OC80 or Roxy30; OxyFast and OxyDose are good stuff too). I like to take it during the day as I can't get a nod unless I mix a lot of downers with it (bad idea), but it does make me more social and talkative.

Oh well, that ends my rant. I'm really sorry you took that orally. Next time, please check on the forum BEFORE you take something, NOT AFTER. I think a tear is forming in the corner of my eye at how sad that pill must be...

Nailed It.

so has anybody combined opana with another opiod/opiate or benzo before? how long does opana usually last? 2-5 hours?
the opana ER 40mg are not suitable for IV, correct?

injecting Opana

Im wondering if Opana is injectable and if so, do I need to do anything special to prepare it (aside from the obvious dissolving and filtering)? Also, what size syringe is best, and what excuse do I give the pharmacist for needing them? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I haven't banged anything for over 10 years and am a bit out of practice. Thanks!

Is opana even readily available??

I heard from one of my buddies that only about 10 prescriptions for Opana are given out in a given year.
This could very well be a myth though

Sorry i am of no help though in regards to your questions, I've never had any experience with injecting

I heard from one of my buddies that only about 10 prescriptions for Opana are given out in a given year.
That's bullshit, sorry. And it's not *really* the "rare gem of pure bliss" that it's made out to be here on bl. Then again, I used to be impartial to it, but as I recently acquired somewhat of an opiate tolerance, it seems that i am able to fully enjoy opana without the extreme sedation/nausea I used to get from it. And about iving it, all i know is that it's got that form of silica in it that really isn't too good to iv. And good luck shooting the ER's lol.

W-R-Xtacy said:

Yeah that is definitely bullshit.

Anyways, I've read that people inject the IR, but I wouldn't try to IV the ER. You'd be best to use a micron filter if you're going to try it. I wouldn't use heat because opiate/opioids dissolve in water very easily, whereas the binders/fillers don't. If you use heat you'll just cause the binders to dissolve, and obviously that would be bad.

As to getting syringes... In my state you can't buy syringes without an prescription, so I would check to see if there are laws in place like that in your state. There are a few alternatives, buying online, or going to a veterinarian supply store (which is what I did while I waited for my pins to arrive). They usually only have larger size needles available but if you want to bad enough you'll deal with it. You could also look for a local needle exchange.

Hope that helped.

sidsnancy said:
Sorry for all the stupid questions. I haven't banged anything for over 10 years and am a bit out of practice. Thanks!
No problem, its not a stupid question - we want you to learn the safest possible way to do this, if you are going to do it. This topic has been discussed many, many times, so if you don't get the info you need in this thread, try a search for the key words that are your title ("injecting opana") and you will find a ton of answers.

For now though, I am merging this with the mega-opana thread.
Good luck, and shoot safely please.

sidsnancy said:
Im wondering if Opana is injectable and if so, do I need to do anything special to prepare it (aside from the obvious dissolving and filtering)? Also, what size syringe is best, and what excuse do I give the pharmacist for needing them? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I haven't banged anything for over 10 years and am a bit out of practice. Thanks!

I posted very detailed instructions on how to inject the IR's (the ER's are NOT injectable) earlier in this thread. Just read through from the beginning, and you'll find it. I have IV'd Opana IR 10mg pills over 300 times, so the method I detailed is a result of significant personal experience.

Carl Landrover said:
So you got high twice off of a 40mg pill with a tolerance to oxycodone? Hope these don't get a bad rep after some new person OD's on them.

Did it last longer than OC or was it about the same?
people have OD'd on them already look up rich murphy RIP thread in TDS. Close friend who was too young.

unsui said:
so has anybody combined opana with another opiod/opiate or benzo before? how long does opana usually last? 2-5 hours?
the opana ER 40mg are not suitable for IV, correct?

I tried it with klonopin and a few tramadols and it was fucking wonderful, as far as the duration 6 hours in I was GOOD and it seemed to fade after 8 hours or so, it last much longer than any other opiate ive tried maybe twice as long as OC, and the ER are a pain to IV so Ive heard, but it can be done u gotta get the silica out , I didnt try i just licked off the time release, crushed em up very fine and tooted them

Sorry for the redundant question but thanks for the info. I think Ill just stick to snorting them. Its still a good high and is alot easier to keep secret. (Uh...no honey, those arent track marks. I just bumped my arm". Yea, right!) Regarding the orange coating, I scrape it off with a knife, or sometimes a nail file.
As for withdrawing from it, poppy tea works great, for me anyway. It allows me to go from apx 60 mg per day down to nothing with no tapering off. I use 4-5 pods per 12 cups water and brew the whole mess in a coffee maker. A pot lasts me about 5 days so its a pretty economical method, plus the pods are always available, at least so far. Of course the catch is that poppy tea is also addictive as hell, so im going to face withdrawls sooner or later. But as long as its not today Ive decided not to worry about it.~~Nancy

Hey a buddy of mine had these and I passed because I just didn't want to spend the money on the pill. But if I used to do 40mg of oxycodone snorted at a time. or 50 mg of hydrocodone. Btw I did 2 80's before in a 12 hour period with no tolerance but they were freaking purdues so you know how that is, still got me so high though .Then I was put on 16mg of suboxone high i know. So now i'm only on 4 mg a day. Pretty soon willl be off.

So basically i'm thinking my tolerance will fall back kind of low. But maybe i'll have dimished effects sense i'll probably dose a 2mg sub in the morning then try it at night. Or the next morning.