• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

With Opana ER's its not just the skin thats a problem, the powder itself gels pretty badly, Ive read they are near impossible to inject safely, I believe there is a thread here dedicated to IV'ing the ER's if you can find it.

Anyone with experience plugging opana? How does it compare to dilaudid?

After a year on dilaudid I'm thinking of asking my doc to let me try opana.

After much deliberation and self medicating, I have come to the realization that snorted Opana IS AFFECTED by the contents of your stomach. Let me explain.

So I took yet another 4 day break with the help of bupe. Why I keep torturing myself and returning to addiction, I will never know. Anyway, I copped a 40mg Opana from my usual connect. Its been 24 hours since my last 2mg bupe dose, I know I am gonna get high. So I see my connect and immediately after that crush up my prize. I roll up an old and raggety dollar bill, infact my last one. I sniff about 1-2mg of each end, so 2-4mg in total. Normally, after 4 days of sub use, I would be nodding. I wait, I wait, ahh theres that warm opiate blanket. But thats the extent of the high. No nodding, definately didnt even get that high. Now Im upset. I vaguely recall I havent eaten a damn thing all day, and it's around 12pm at this point.

Fast forward 4 hours. I go home, my mother tells me she's making steak. Great I think, I'm starving. I eat 2 decent sized slabs of meat. I can see some fat on the side and figure I am ingesting a good fatty meal. I finish eating and go to my room, immediately breaking out my paper with the crushed up opana inside. I sniff another 2-4mg, roughly. A tad more than last time, maybe. For the next hour, I felt like a million orgasms going off at once in my body. I begin watching some television show on leapords, BAM start nodding hard. I have been rocked by oxymorphone yet again.

I snorted pretty much similar amounts each time, but had vastly different experiences.

Let me conclude by saying this has turned me into a believer. Now I am going to be eating as much animal fat as possible before snorting opana. But damn, I do have to quit. effing opiates...

Opana ER- Eating, Snorting, Plugging and Drug iNfO

For everyone out there that who is curious about OPANA (oxymorphone)----->

I am a LONG time opiate user. I have an incredibly HIGH opiate tolerance and have a wealth of experience and knowledge in this field. I've surfed BL for years, but just now joined; however rest assured I am spot on and accurate.

Recently I was in a car accident and I went from having to spend wads of cash to being able to get my opiates prescribed, and then completely paid for by Medicaid (yeah I know, lucky me right? ;)). I currently get 60 20mg Opana ER tabs and 90 10/350 Norco (hydrocodone) tabs every month. So let's begin.

To start with, I will compare my tolerance level with Opana as to other opiates. I am able to take Fentanyl sublingually (as most of it is destroyed in the digestive track this is by far the best method,) respectively, unless you prefer a transdermal route, and I can easily eat 8-10 MG's (not micrograms) of Fentanyl at a time (this would be one entire 100/mcg(micrograms) patch at a time. I usually don't do more than one patch a day. With the Norco/hydrocodone 10's I need to eat about 100 mg to feel good. With Oxycodone/Oxycontin I can easily snort roughly 160 milligrams at a time and dance around the room. I've never done true Heroin, only synthetics, so sorry, I can't help you there. Hopefully by knowing my dosing tolerance you will be able to come to your own conclusions as to what's best for YOU. BE CAREFUL! My tolerance is MUCH higher than the average user. Don't be stupid. Always start really low and work your way up from there when you are either new and/or unsure.

a LiTtLe iNfo--->

Opana (discovered in 1914 in Germany), is a strong opiate antagonist, and has almost exactly twice the power of Oxycontin. Thus, 20mg of Opana equals 40mg of Oxycontin (according to Opana's website, but I however believe it to be moderately stronger from my own experience...) Opana was the most preferred and chased after drug of recreational opiate users back in the early 1970's and was often referred to as blues, biscuits, blue heaven, new blues (although the immediate-release tablets are pink and off-white), octagons, stop signs, pink, pink heaven. In the movie "Drugstore Cowboy" they are referring to Opana when they mention the "Blues". Marketed then under the name Numorphan they were light blue in color.

When taken orally Opana has only an approximate 10% bioavailability.
When snorted, approximately a 20-45% bioavailability.
When plugged (sent up the rectum), has a 45-50% bioavailability. (Must be crushed and made soluble in water before injected (without the needle of course...)
When IV'd a 95-99% bioavailability.
No effect when tried to use sublingually.
I do not know the bioavailability when smoked but having had experience in that area with Oxycontin would guess that is approximately 75-95% of what doesn't get away from you on the foil. If you know the bioavailability when smoked, then please be kind and post it.

Opana ER contains wax fillers and needs to go through the proper method for filtering before IV'd.

WhAt WoRkS fOr Me--->

So far I have only used two routes for administration, do to the fact that I am unable to snort it thanks to a tracheotomy in my throat. So I will comment on it's effects taken orally first. I will be plugging my second pill this evening and will post the effects, letting you know if it is worth the trouble. Since only 10% of Opana is put to use when taken orally, plugging should provide much stronger, yet slightly shorter highs.

To take my Opana in the morning I chew my light green octagon-shaped tablet with my front teeth. It has virtually no taste, and fillers are apparent. I have tried letting the Opana take effect through a sublingual (under the tongue) route several times and this has no effect. Once chewed as fine as possible I swallow the pill (always on an empty stomach for the quickest onset and best effects.)

If you have a high tolerance to opiates the before dosing, always allot for about 30 minutes prior to potentiate, allowing your opiates to then work better and be stronger. I personally do this by taking 75-100mg's of any allergy medicine with the active ingredient Diphenydramine. This works for me, but there are other potentiates you can use to increase Opana's bioavailability, such as drinking 100% grapefruit juice, or by drinking alcohol. When drinking alcohol be careful. As all medicines say that alcohol may increase or intensify the effect, but Opana is special in that alcohol enzymes bind with those in Opana, allowing Opana a better ride throughout the endocrine (bloodstream) system. Do not take Opana with alcohol until you know your Opana tolerance and even then start low and increase gradually.

I find the effects kick in for me after about 15-30 minutes, peak from 45 minutes to 3 hours, and the high lasts for a good 4-6 hours. Opana has legs and you will find the effects to stay with you for most of the day.

I will be plugging/hooping my second dose this evening and will post the effects tonight.

eXpErIaNcE RePoRt

Opana ER releases all of the medicine at once when the tablet is chewed. I take one 20mg tab chewed and feel the effects coming on in about 15 minutes, gradually increasing over the next 45 minutes to an hour. Once high my brain experiences a very familiar nice, numb tingly sensation all over. I have no nausea whatsoever, and it appears to have no effect on my bladder or need to use the restroom.

There is good euphoria, however there are debates over how euphorigenic Opana is. Some say it provides much less euphoria than that of heroin, oxycodone, or fentanyl, and yet others CLAIM that it produces the STRONGEST euphoria of ANY narcotic. One could debate this issue all day long, but at the end of the day everybody has different tolerance levels and will experience different results. I personally feel it does create a good euphoric high. When I started my opiate honeymoon the euphoria was incredible, but now that I am so used to opiates, there is much much less euphoria, no matter how high my dose.

sUmMaRy

I believe Opana to be a very powerful narcotic opiate used to treat moderate to severe pain. In my own opinion it is more than twice the strength of Oxycodone (or Oxycontin same thing) and provides a great buzz and euphoria, especially when potentiated. I have never gotten quizy or nauseated from taking Opana. It can be snorted, smoked?, plugged and IV'd. Even with my incredibly high tolerance chewing and swallowing one 20mg Opana tablet gives me a great high. I could take more at a time if I wanted but I don't like going without or messing with the game at the end of the month when I'm out and sick as hell.

Opana does not lower the seizure thresh hold limit as does Tramadol. (Tramadol has caused me to have a seizure before and it sucks... supposedly a member of the synthetic opiate family, it provides no opiate high whatsoever- don't waste your cash!)

In closing if anyone has smoked Opana, which I believe is totally possible (just not for me because of the tracheotomy...) please reply on the effects and how well it smokes off, in addition to a good smoking method if you have one.

Opana is marketed and created by Endo pharmaceuticals and it is rumored that they are in the middle of creating an oxymorphone nasal spray, transermal patches, and implatable osmotic pumps- I want one!

Ok well hopefully you've gained some great information on Opana and will return this evening to view the results from my plug of a 20mg tablet. I have IV'd opiates before, but never Opana. If you have done this please post the experience along with your best method for preparing, filtering, banging, and your tolerance/dosage, keeping in mind that there is limited information on this drug and we would like to know in detail from start to finish how your fix is accomplished step-by-step.

PlAy SaFe AnD StAy CoOl-

"OpIaTeEnCyClOpEdIa"

Opana ER are difficult to abuse in some ways, the contents of the pill gel up pretty badly when made contact with water. Im unsure if they it would work very well when plugged, maybe someone else has tried it.

Here's the scoop bro. I am on Opana 20mg tabs. I chewed one this morning and swallowed it. I've done a lot of research you don't have to do. I posted some information all about Opana earlier today. Use your browsers find text feature and search for "OpiateEncyclopedia" by using the Hybrid Forum view and you will see my thread comments. There is a vast amount of information.

That being said, Opana only has a 10% oral availability! This means that if you swallow the pill, chewed up or not your only going to get 10% of it to work. The only way around this is to try another method of getting it into your system. I chewed and swallowed one this morning and had the usual effect. Then, about two hours ago, I plugged one. It had more than double the effect! It was completely worth it, and although I hate the method, it does work and it works incredibly well, especially for me since I have a tracheotomy and am unable to snort or smoke it. I could inject it, but I haven't done that in a long time and don't want to go down that road. So to sum it all up, Opana has only a 10% bioavailability when taken orally, and about 45% bioavailability when plugged. The obvious choice: plugging. Here is the method I used for this...

nEeDeD:

A syringe that you can unscrew the needle off of, preferably small of course
Some sort of small object that will allow you to safely mix your warm water and crushed Opana powder

mEtHoD:

Crush your tablet (Be careful! They are difficult to crush and I almost lost mine down the sink drain when it slipped from under my card.

Put your crushed powder into your small bowl looking item. (I used a small, flat-bottom measuring cup...) Add enough warm water to mix with your powder. Use vasoline or some other lube to get yourself and the outside of the syringe slippery. Suck up as much of your solution you made into your syringe that you can. (Don't worry. I had to refill mine with the solution I made about 4 or 5 times since it was a small syringe. The water has no problem staying in there, trust me.) Lay on your back and stick the syringe up your anal cavity about 1.5-2 inches, then push in the water. Pull out, suck up more water and repeat. Do this until all of your solution is gone. Your done! Now wait about 15-30 minutes and you will have a much better experience than when just taking Opana orally.

Don't forget to search for my name and read my other post! I give you a ton of great information on Opana and the different and best was to take it, which is good since there is limited information out there on this drug. I hope this helps!

OpIaTe EnCyClOpEdIa

Here's the scoop bro. I am on Opana 20mg tabs. I chewed one this morning and swallowed it. I've done a lot of research you don't have to do. I posted some information all about Opana earlier today. Use your browsers find text feature and search for "OpiateEncyclopedia" by using the Hybrid Forum view and you will see my thread comments. There is a vast amount of information.

That being said, Opana only has a 10% oral availability! This means that if you swallow the pill, chewed up or not your only going to get 10% of it to work. The only way around this is to try another method of getting it into your system. I chewed and swallowed one this morning and had the usual effect. Then, about two hours ago, I plugged one. It had more than double the effect! It was completely worth it, and although I hate the method, it does work and it works incredibly well, especially for me since I have a tracheotomy and am unable to snort or smoke it. I could inject it, but I haven't done that in a long time and don't want to go down that road. So to sum it all up, Opana has only a 10% bioavailability when taken orally, and about 45% bioavailability when plugged. The obvious choice: plugging. Here is the method I used for this...

nEeDeD:

A syringe that you can unscrew the needle off of, preferably small of course
Some sort of small object that will allow you to safely mix your warm water and crushed Opana powder

mEtHoD:

Crush your tablet (Be careful! They are difficult to crush and I almost lost mine down the sink drain when it slipped from under my card.

Put your crushed powder into your small bowl looking item. (I used a small, flat-bottom measuring cup...) Add enough warm water to mix with your powder. Use vasoline or some other lube to get yourself and the outside of the syringe slippery. Suck up as much of your solution you made into your syringe that you can. (Don't worry. I had to refill mine with the solution I made about 4 or 5 times since it was a small syringe. The water has no problem staying in there, trust me.) Lay on your back and stick the syringe up your anal cavity about 1.5-2 inches, then push in the water. Pull out, suck up more water and repeat. Do this until all of your solution is gone. Your done! Now wait about 15-30 minutes and you will have a much better experience than when just taking Opana orally.

Don't forget to search for my name and read my other post! I give you a ton of great information on Opana and the different and best was to take it, which is good since there is limited information out there on this drug. I hope this helps!

OpIaTe EnCyClOpEdIa

Tomorrow is the day I obtain several Opana 20's, the extended release[ER] pill.

The best way to prepare these for injection?

Ive had them before and know about the skin thats not like Perdue OC's, so whats the best

method, probably just remove the skin, smash the pill into a fine powder, add water, stir,

filter and bang?

yes I know about all the bad shit thats in pills and you're not supposed to inject, but I haven't

IV'd anything in 4 months and I'm set on booting these fuckers. Some people say add heat, some say no heat. I probably wouldnt heat it. For the record.

Hey man I haven't injected one yet. If you find out the best way will you post it for the rest of us? I would imagine your break it down, I've heard with oxycontin you add cold water.. is this true? stir, put a cotton ball in the solution, insert your needle into cotton ball and suck up the juice, inject. Is this the best way to inject oxies? Should you hit oxies or use no heat, just the cold water, and if you do use fire, what's the best way without using a normal spoon and spilling the shit everywhere? Back to the Opana, please post your method for those as well along with the effect when taking orally or plugged. I've done both and know from experience Opana has only 10% bioavailability taken orally, and about 50% when plugged. I chewed and swallowed one today and plugged one. The one I plugged was twice as strong.

Please get back to us. Thanks!

I don't trust anyone who comes on claiming to be "Mr expert" on anything. Opiate encyclopedia? You're coming on way too strong, dude. And most of the "expert" info you're dishing out is pretty obvious stuff and has been part of this forum for a very long time already.

As for plugging, there is only so much liquid the rectal membranes can absorb so I recommend the users try as little water as they can manage (as long as its still a solution and not a sludgy paste).

Pick up an oral/child syringe from any drug store. They work perfectly for this and I find approx 5ml of water is enough for 1 or 2 pills in most cases.

And you should lay on your side, not your back - this will make it easier for, um, "access" and will better insure nothing leaks out. Search for plugging in thread titles, you'll find plenty of info. But absolutely, plugging opiates is probably the most effective, pleasurable and SAFE way to get the most out of your drugs.

Anyway, I'd still like to know if any opana users have also been on dilaudid and how you would compare them.

OpIATE enCycLOpeEdiA, never mind. I can't take anyone who types like a 12 year old with upper and lower case like that sEriOUslY!

I don't trust anyone who comes on claiming to be "Mr expert" on anything. Opiate encyclopedia? You're coming on way too strong, dude. And most of the "expert" info you're dishing out is pretty obvious stuff and has been part of this forum for a very long time already.

As for plugging, there is only so much liquid the rectal membranes can absorb so I recommend the users try as little water as they can manage (as long as its still a solution and not a sludgy paste).

Pick up an oral/child syringe from any drug store. They work perfectly for this and I find approx 5ml of water is enough for 1 or 2 pills in most cases.

And you should lay on your side, not your back - this will make it easier for, um, "access" and will better insure nothing leaks out. Search for plugging in thread titles, you'll find plenty of info. But absolutely, plugging opiates is probably the most effective, pleasurable and SAFE way to get the most out of your drugs.

Anyway, I'd still like to know if any opana users have also been on dilaudid and how you would compare them.

OpIATE enCycLOpeEdiA, never mind. I can't take anyone who types like a 12 year old with upper and lower case like that sEriOUslY!

First of all I love the fact that you can go completely out of your way to help sOmEbOdY, taking up your precious time to make sure that tHeY stay SAFE and do things the right way, all the time being courteous and polite just to have some fucking asshole who thinks that just because he has more than one post that his shit doesn't stink try and put you down and make you feel bad for trying to help... well here's a newsflash, hey DiPsHiT go do things the wrong way and fucking die while your at it knob slobber. fUcK yOu you ungrateful stupid cunt.

1. Let's clear your dumbass up you stupid fuck. First of all I don't claim anywhere to be an expert on anything you fucking moron. I said I've been doing opiates a long time, have experience with Opana/oxymorphone and my information is usually spot on. Learn to fucking read you inferior piece of shit.

2. I'm so glad that the shit I said was soooooo fucking obvious. It seems 80mg rather enjoyed the information... I guess we're just fucking morons in the light of your wise and powerful presence oh great and mighty, more than one post, "I'm the fucking bluelight special" ass wipe.

3.) Since you already had the answer to your question and your so fucking cool, why didn't you come back to the post that YOU submitted AT THE TIME YOU GOT THE FUCKING ANSWER and post the reply for all the fucking retards that aren't as good as you to read so that maybe they learn from you? I'll tell you why. Because your a selfish imbred son of a bitch with a 60 inch gut and a two inch dick that's to fucking lazy to get off his fat ass and keep up with his OWN shit... the true sign of a piece of shit, Depends® wearin motherfucker.

4.) As far as the uPpErCaSe and LoWeRcAsE I'll do what the fuck I want and if you don't like it how about this: Go find a gun, stick it up your wide fucking ass hole and pull the trigger. You got that piss head?

5.) To answer your fucking question for everybody else who might be curious since your too fucking amazing to accept an answer from someone who obviously knows more about drugs then you ever will which makes you skiddish to even come within hearing range.... I've been on Dilauded by route of Oral administration and IV injection from .5mg's up to 4mg at a single time. But I won't go any further because as in the dumb fucks own stupid words, (and I'm quoting the moron here...) "the info you're dishing out is pretty obvious stuff and has been part of this forum for a very long time already." And this is from me---> you stupid piece of shit!

Get your answer here and then go kill yourself... asshole.http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=294498 Don't post stupid fucking questions that already have a thread! What are you fucking retarded?

Sincerely,
<3 Your slutty fucking mom on the corner of Main and Central. <3

Last edited:
Shaving the cover off with a knife or razor is what works best IMO. Ive been using the ER's for over a year, and I would never suck or wet the coating off ever again. Ill shave it off with a knife or occasionally just crush it with the coating still on. Ive found that even after the pill is let to dry completely the powder after grinding is never as fine as it is when the pill has never been wet.

Wow, mr encyclopedia sure is touchy! Thanks for showing us your true colors. By the way, before you go out of your way to call someone a dumb fuck over and over again, learn to spell, k?

And you're right, you never claimed to be an expert - you just chose the name "Opiate Encyclopedia" and started your first post by telling everyone they can rest assured that you are "spot on and accurate" to show off your humility.

My mistake!

I think both of you may have overreacted a bit. Back to the discussion...

Silly Fagott Dicks are for Chicks...

Wow, mr encyclopedia sure is touchy! Thanks for showing us your true colors. By the way, before you go out of your way to call someone a dumb fuck over and over again, learn to spell, k?

And you're right, you never claimed to be an expert - you just chose the name "Opiate Encyclopedia" and started your first post by telling everyone they can rest assured that you are "spot on and accurate" to show off your humility.

My mistake!

You fucking rEtArD do you honestly think I sat there and read anything you fucking had to say you hot bag of air? Of course you do... you honestly think I read what you said... because you are just sooooo interesting. You fucking moron. Go ahead show everyone how fucking retarded you are and post something else. I dare you. I could go all day and not read one ounce of whatever is you desperately think is worth saying. Just realizing that I made YoU pissed off enough to write something back just shows everyone how big of a fucking pussy you are. Cry baby. Go ahead. Write something else. I'm soooo going to just die if you do.... hu hu hhuuugghhh wwwwhhhhhhaaaaaa! ha ha stupid little bitch. Dance for me ... go on! Do it! Show everybody how I make you dance... Yo mY BiTcH! bItCh! %)

I plugged 10 mg IR Opana, it was fucking awesome, seriously one of the best opiate highs I have ever had. To compare when I come across OC I usually do around 240 mg/day.

Right on man... and you can see by mixing up your solution how much would be lost in your stomach. And I'm right there at the 240mg mark mysel,f but plugging a 20mg twice a day still does me nicely. So listen maybe you can help me with something. Medicaid pays for my Opana once a month. Retail cost for 60 20mg tabs at Kroger Pharmacy (Some pharmacies don't have a demand big enough to justify carrying it so prices may vary slightly) is about $457.00 which comes out to roughly $7.61 a tab. How much are you getting your Opana 10's for if you don't mind me asking? Thanks in advance! And Nikolai your right, I'd much rather be a lover than a fighter but some assholes just have it fucking coming and I'll be damned if some piece of shit is going to try to scare me off as a new member just because he's a fucking prick. He can kiss my red ass... no offense to you of course. Have a good rest of the week. ;)

The 10mg IR's are much more expensive on a mg per mg basis than the ER's for some reason. The 10mg IR's from a hospital pharmacy, which can be cheaper than a retail pharmacy, can run at about $5 per pill. Some doctors may prefer the ER's because they are tougher to abuse, and also for medical reasons they last 12 hours when not tampered with.

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't realize Opanas were so expensive! I just picked up my first ever script for them, but insurance paid ($15 for 60 40mg ER). No way I could afford them out of pocket! On the other hand, I think 8mg dilaudid (generic) runs less then $2 a pill. Worth looking into for those of you paying out of pocket.

Anyway, I just plugged my first opana! The jelly thing was weird, does that effect the pills effectiveness? I know it worked since my withdrawal signs went away, but I def didn't catch a buzz. Mind you i have a good tolerance from plugging dilaudid on a daily basis for the last year, so its not a huge surprise. But the whole reason I wanted to try opana was to see if switching to it would make a difference.

Does anyone know offhand what a 40mg ER pill equals to in dilaudid?

I look forward to any tips or advice.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Encyclopedia, please find an anger management thread. Or don't, its kinda funny to imagine you angrily banging your keyboard as you spew out more junior high school level insults. It's ok, I understand your anger. After all, it's probably hard to meet girls when you've got a tracheotomy! Must freak them out big time. Sorry, dude, really.

Do opiates ease the pain of being forced into a life of homosexuality? Let us know!

Here is a very interesting quote from the wiki on opana:

"Alcohol consumption along the Opana extended-release tablets can be an extremely dangerous situation as it can cause "dose dumping" which creates a blast of drug release and increase of bioavailabilty of the oxymorphone in the tablets in excess of 70 per cent."

Am I reading that right? Having some booze with your Opana ER will increase the oral bioavailability to 70% AND defeat the time release mechanism?? That's huge!

Looks like I'm keeping this thread alive all by myself!

On another site I found some interesting info about defeating the ER time release. It said to crush up the pill, then COOK it over a low flame until it turns brown. Then snort or plug it.

While it sounds weird, I tried this tonight and when I added water to the "browned" pill dust, it only gelled up half as much! The plug also seemed more effective. Of course this isn't definitve and more experimenting must be done, but it's interesting nonetheless.