• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

If I could make one unselfish wish from god, I'd wish he would turn the oral bioavailability of all narcotics to at least 90%. ;)

Yeah, Opana's probably going to be like Dilaudid, if we're talking about popularity. Popular among some people, but it's not going to be a huge thing ... and that's only because of the shitty oral bioavailability. :p

Just to give some reference: 1 mg intramuscular oxymorphone is equivalent to 10 mg intramuscular morphine, 15 mg intramuscular oxycodone and 5 mg intramuscular diamorphine. [Ref.: Foley KM: The Treatment of cancer pain. NEJM 1985; 313 (2): 84-95.]

So, it's quite powerful shit. :)

Carl Landrover said:
So you got high twice off of a 40mg pill with a tolerance to oxycodone? Hope these don't get a bad rep after some new person OD's on them.

Did it last longer than OC or was it about the same?

No you read it wrong. He got high off half a 40mg pill twice. He took two 10mg doses and his girl did the same i believe.

It does sound like it was easy to break the time release though. If it didn't gel up his nose then it's going to be the new top of the line pharmie opioid.

nah it did not gel up at all and hardly no drain to speak of like with oc's. i really want more though.

Survival0200 said:
If I could make one unselfish wish from god, I'd wish he would turn the oral bioavailability of all narcotics to at least 90%. ;)

Yeah, Opana's probably going to be like Dilaudid, if we're talking about popularity. Popular among some people, but it's not going to be a huge thing ... and that's only because of the shitty oral bioavailability. :p

Just to give some reference: 1 mg intramuscular oxymorphone is equivalent to 10 mg intramuscular morphine, 15 mg intramuscular oxycodone and 5 mg intramuscular diamorphine. [Ref.: Foley KM: The Treatment of cancer pain. NEJM 1985; 313 (2): 84-95.]

So, it's quite powerful shit. :)

this shit is stronger than heroin IM? i dont believe it. but not stronger snorted? how bout iv?

IV should have the same bioavailability as IM.

I REALLY wanna get my hands on these babies! Oh gawd that'd be nice, I would DEFINITELY take the time to learn to IV properly for this...

Can't seem to find out if this stuff is available in the UK, if it is then i'm definitley gonna get my OXY script changed to this! :D . W probably won't get it over here though, we seem to miss out on loads of good opiates..
I found a site that said that the company ENDO were producing this drug, i hope that when prepared for IV they do not gel up like with OXY..:\

I know you don't slam... but could you put a small amount in water to see how well it dissolves? I've been interested in these for months.

This is a quote from PhreeX I got from highrailer's picture post:

These have only been on the market for a couple months, but I was in the test group and had them back toward the begenning ofthis year.... honestly, orally, taken as directed - they let me down (I was on the extended release with the instant release for breakthrough pain) .... orally the bioavailability SUCKS, we are talking 10% - but just like our dear departed friend Palladone, alcohol will make that bioavailability (when taken with a high-proof alcohol on an empty stoamch) you get up to around the 70%+ range ...

Can you shoot these?

YES - in both forms, the IR and the time release ...

Is it easy as crushing, adding water, cooking and filtering then slamming?

NOT EXACTLY - I wont give out any more specific info ...

What is a way to take them and get the most?

You can do the alcohol thing, snort, or, crush, mix with warm water, and squirt it up yer rectum - CAREFULL, IF YOU USE ANY OFTHE ABOVE TO SUBVERT THE TIME RELEASE (on the time release ones, the IR's come in 5mg and 10mg) OR SLAM THE 5mg or 10mg IR's YOU CAN KILL YOURSELF, Oxymorphone is considered to be (one of) the strongest pain killers aside from the synthetics such as fentanyl ...

**DISCLAIMER** I DON'T ENCOURAGE YOU TO FUCK WITH THESE TILL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU CAN HANDLE ...

As a side note, while I can get them if I asked my doc to switch me back to them (I was on the 40mg ER's - 2 every 12 hours, for a total of 4 pills a day, or 160mg a day of the ER, and 2 of the 10mg IR's for breakthrough - or 120 40mg ER's and 60 10mg IR's a month) ... for pain management they were so-so but for the last few months I have been back on the Duragesic and Actiq as fentanyl hits the right Mu sub-type receptors as to kill pain and not constipate, I found constipation a problem with the Opana ... of course, in the name of science, I did play around with the various methods to get around the time release, and honestly, I have had opioids that gave better highs then Oxymorphone (then again I had pure Oxymorphone years back, I wrote a detailed report of it when I had a source that could gank shit from the hospita)

These are also expensive in the pharmacy which translates to expensive to buy unless you have an insurance plan that covers them, and because kids will be getting around the time-release expect these to sell for a fair amount ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if he'd be willing to share this method, I'm sure that would make a lot of us (including myself), very happy: )

~caldoche1

lyserg said:
The nasal bioavailabilty of oxymorphone is ~43%, IV-95%, oral is 10-20%.

Anyone know the bioavailability of oxymorphone when taken by IM or SC injection? I'd assume far better than when insufflated.

So they now make a 40mg Oxymorphone pill... am I wrong but is that a strangly high dose... I know that 3mg plugged gave me a considerable high and I have about a 40mg Oxy tolerance... I cant wait to get my hands on one.

^
40mg is the ER one. Geetered, didn't you write a report for 3mg suppository? I think I recall reading it; definitely increased my interest of obtaining such a drug.

If taken as prescribed, with the low oral bioavailability, it should be good for those patients with a tolerance.

For the people who end up breaking the time release and don't have a tolerance/don't know the strength of the drug, this could be potentially fatal to a lot of users.

OK so I got confirmation that the red Opana 10mg IR do NOT gel up!! However, there wasn't quite the "rush" expected. They seem to completely dissolve in water when he's about to IV them. Is my friend doing something wrong? PhreeX where are you?

~caldoche1

I Just started getting opana last month. orally, oxyir's are much better. I was about to tell the doc that i wanted a change and then I decided to insulfate one and BAM, what a difference.

Im sure iv'ing is the way to go but i dont want to get into that. but orally, opanas suck. in fact, id rather have a couple of hydros. I might plug one since I know that worked for dilaudid and see.

It looks like Im going to give em another month of testing before i give em up...

I'm REALLY tempted tp get my oxy script switched to this. But i'm still not sure wether or not it is available in the UK, and i'm unsure how to approach the subject with the G.P without looking like a doctor - shopping drugnerd!...;)

Might not be available internationally for a little while more. Anyone remember how long before OxyContin was manufactured for exportation?

On a side note, how long before generics are released again? Isn't it something like 7 years? Correct me if I'm wrong..

~caldoche1

^Its usually anywhere from 3-8 years i think, it matters how long they have the patent on the drug. I dont see why they wouldnt be able to export it to other countries it would just be the same brand everywhere though until the patent runs out.

Sorry for resurrecting this guy, I saw him a couple pages back and I wanted to add my two cents.

As of 2003, a drug patent lasts 17 years; however, you need to take into account the time it takes for drug testing, clinical trials, FDA approval etc. This usually takes 10 or so years, so generally once a drug hits the market you can give it 5-7 years before you see any generics.

As far as the Opana's, I'm pumped. I'm wondering, though, how these will go over. I can't imagine them not being demonized at least a little bit.