PDA

View Full Version : (opioids) OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21

tootiemattman
08-03-2012, 17:20
When two 80s is required to get me off, one Opana will get me flying higher then ever before. Be careful, that shit is amazingly strong...

DroneLore
08-03-2012, 22:07
If I need 20 mg of oxycodone to get "good." (I wouldn't see 15 mg or less as worth it. Maybe 15), would I still likely get enough out of sniffing the new formulation opana's? I would start with 5 mg or less just to be safe.

Roxicodone King
09-03-2012, 05:40
Has anyone found any of the opana er 40mg in the new formulation yet? After two weeks of looking, I found a pharmacy who may be able to get in some Opana ER 40mg tomorrow, but I am petrified that I will be getting the new formula, which I will be unable to take (I take quite a few, and in FDA trials many who take just 1 every 12 hrs, most who took 2 pills every 12 and EVERYONE who took 3 suffered headache and horribel stomach pains--no one in the trial was taking more than 3 tablets every 12 hours).

The only 'good' news is that the generic 40's will be in the old formulation but I will have to wait until September for those to come out. So 5 months of god awful pain ahead. Just fucking great.

tricomb
09-03-2012, 08:23
@drone, new formulation aside, If you're "good" on 20mg oxyCODONE, 5mg oxyMORPHONE is way too much. WAY too much.

Paulymorphone
10-03-2012, 13:45
Does anyone know exactly when the new formulation will be coming out? Is it going to be as bad as the new oxycontin where u have to use sandpaper to powder it up?

Paulymorphone
10-03-2012, 13:45
Also, does anyone know if MS Contin can be snorted or is it reformulated also?

taylor_105
10-03-2012, 15:12

I had gotten scripted some Opana ER a few days ago and had to drive all the way back 45 minutes to my pain clinic to return the script to switch out because no one in this town had any Opana ER on the shelves. I was told the new Opana will hit the shelves with the new reformulation by April 1'st. So I had to switch it out for something else and they gave me a script for MS Contin 60 mg. I do not abuse my pills BUT to answer this question I have read that people are able to get the coating off and grind these down to snort them so I do not think they have been reformulated yet. They may be next on the list though but who knows?

tricomb
10-03-2012, 19:10
Don't snort morphine. Let the MScontin soak in 1mL of water for 8-12 hours (to make it instant release) then plug the morphine water solution.
This is how I do it and it's the best way to use morphine short of IV.

I don't think they're reformulating MScontin, so do this ^

DroneLore
10-03-2012, 20:44
@drone, new formulation aside, If you're "good" on 20mg oxyCODONE, 5mg oxyMORPHONE is way too much. WAY too much.

It's supposed to be ~4x stronger than oxycodone when snorted.

tricomb
10-03-2012, 20:46
I'm telling you from my experience and the experience of my friends who have tried opana with low tolerances. not from numbers found on the internet. I have three friends who tried it and had tolerances of 40mg OC and they each did like 2-3mg and were all puking their guts out.

start slow, do 1-2mg and wait at least 25 mins before doing more.

DroneLore
10-03-2012, 20:49
Haha, now I want it even more

RXpectations
20-03-2012, 23:40
yeah, ive done it...i had a script and they taste horrible......you cant bang em, (not the new formulation ones) but you can if you really wanted to, snort em...gotta scrape the coating off first....

RXpectations
20-03-2012, 23:45
so you got hit with the endo recall too? those opanas are hard to find, but you have to call around, some pharmacies have them and theyre allowed to dispense, just not reorder....ive had a hell of a time getting mine filled, but i had luck each time...theyre starting to get them in now, some from out of state...im in ky and theres been a shortage for a few months, but its starting to get back to normal... i have a hip condition and i depend on those to live..hehe
I had gotten scripted some Opana ER a few days ago and had to drive all the way back 45 minutes to my pain clinic to return the script to switch out because no one in this town had any Opana ER on the shelves. I was told the new Opana will hit the shelves with the new reformulation by April 1'st. So I had to switch it out for something else and they gave me a script for MS Contin 60 mg. I do not abuse my pills BUT to answer this question I have read that people are able to get the coating off and grind these down to snort them so I do not think they have been reformulated yet. They may be next on the list though but who knows?

RXpectations
21-03-2012, 15:01
wtf am i supposed to do with these reformulated opana ers??!!! help im going crazy

RXpectations
22-03-2012, 21:28
oh man i hate these things, i want my ms contin's back i guess ill have to call the dr. on monday....apparently the timerx formula in the new opana er's is so binding and gelatinous, that stomach acids barely even break them down, that means that its a manufacturing flaw...the dr.s gonna hear about this...and i was so happy and contect to have my opanas, they finally helped me do my daily things, and now theyre reformulated and making me sick...back to square one.

RXpectations
22-03-2012, 21:30
iv'ing the mscontins pretty mellow, the basic wiping of the coating process etc., snorting tastes like metal..
Don't snort morphine. Let the MScontin soak in 1mL of water for 8-12 hours (to make it instant release) then plug the morphine water solution.
This is how I do it and it's the best way to use morphine short of IV.

I don't think they're reformulating MScontin, so do this ^

brokenpinky
22-03-2012, 22:16
I guess I'm lucky .. I went on suboxone 2 months ago. If I had to take my opana's orally I would be in W/Ds I was snorting way to much 90 to 120 mg a day. I needed to snort at least 30mg first thing in the morn just to get rolling.
I feel really bad for people who need them for pain.. They worked wonders on spine and neck. Best pain med I have ever took, but they built my tolerance up fast, sky high more like it. I figured I would snort one to see how it would feel and that was it for me. I never felt so good in my life, the warm, fuzzy, smiling, not a ache any where in my body.
I never went back to taking them orally.
The W/Ds from them are killer to. Make you want to end your life.
Suboxone have really helped me out I feel great now. best I have in years. I hope the people who need their opana's find something else. I would go back to taking perk 10/325 if I had to or roxy's something else beside that reformulated bullshit.

RXpectations
23-03-2012, 01:55
yeah i feel like im cursed because im one of the ones whos dependant on the opanas for pain, and now that theyve reformulated it, im stuck. ill tell the dr. but theyre so leary about everything, i dunno what theyll consider doing. i was on 20mg kadian capsules and ms contins, whoch were the next best thing to the opanas i guess....i do also take perc.7.5 4x daily along with the opanas twice a day....but i hope theyre willing to accomodate my needs this way, wish i had a bucket of roxys
I guess I'm lucky .. I went on suboxone 2 months ago. If I had to take my opana's orally I would be in W/Ds I was snorting way to much 90 to 120 mg a day. I needed to snort at least 30mg first thing in the morn just to get rolling.
I feel really bad for people who need them for pain.. They worked wonders on spine and neck. Best pain med I have ever took, but they built my tolerance up fast, sky high more like it. I figured I would snort one to see how it would feel and that was it for me. I never felt so good in my life, the warm, fuzzy, smiling, not a ache any where in my body.
Suboxone have really helped me out I feel great now. best I have in years. I hope the people who need their opana's find something else. I would go back to taking perk 10/325 if I had to or roxy's something else beside that reformulated bullshit.

Tommyboy
23-03-2012, 02:29
oh man i hate these things, i want my ms contin's back i guess ill have to call the dr. on monday....apparently the timerx formula in the new opana er's is so binding and gelatinous, that stomach acids barely even break them down, that means that its a manufacturing flaw...the dr.s gonna hear about this...and i was so happy and contect to have my opanas, they finally helped me do my daily things, and now theyre reformulated and making me sick...back to square one.

I don't know if that is true about stomach acid barely being able to break them down. That would be a pretty big factor that the R&D department overlooked, and there would be a recall on the new Opana ERs if that was the case. I have said before, it's a lot better to post things with articles backing them up, otherwise we are just speculating which doesn't get us anywhere.

If your plan was to tell your doctor that the scientists that developed the new Opana ER made a mistake and did not account for the rate at which stomach acid would break them down, then I suggest you rethink your approach.

Hobble
23-03-2012, 06:13

brokenpinky - Since you mentioned having sorted 90-120mg Opana per day and going on suboxone, I would like to know:
Did you go straight from that high dose of Opana right to the suboxone?
If so, what was your final dose of Opana?
How long did you wait after your final dose before taking the first dose of suboxone?
Did you get precipitated withdrawls?
How much suboxone did you start with?
How long from the time you took the suboxone until you felt not sick?
Once you leveled off and felt ok how much suboxone were you taking per day?
How bad were the withdrawls from the Opana while you waited to take your first dose of suboxone, ie did you require hospitalization?

TheLostBoys
23-03-2012, 08:06
Yeah, from the people ive talked to that were taking Opana's all say the same thing, the party is over if you are an Opana user of old formulation because the new ones are worse than the Oxy OP's, at least thats what most have told me. I would recommend switching to Morphine or IR oxys........also, Opana IR is till available at 10mg's I believe.

lazylazyjoe
23-03-2012, 08:14
^ 5mg + 10mg IRs. And they come in generic too. Much smaller, but don't snap in half.

lptrax
23-03-2012, 08:22
brokenpinky - Since you mentioned having sorted 90-120mg Opana per day and going on suboxone, I would like to know:
How long did you wait after your final dose before taking the first dose of suboxone?
How bad were the withdrawls from the Opana while you waited to take your first dose of suboxone, ie did you require hospitalization?

In my experience the emergency room won't do one single thing for you if you are in brutal opiate withdrawals despite the size of the habit or anything (except slap you with a fat bill). Am i wrong about this?

tricomb
23-03-2012, 08:26
When it comes to opiate addiction, you're right, because the WD isn't usually life threatening.

Benzo addiction is a different story. Either way is going to be one expensive ass visit though.

G_Owl$
23-03-2012, 12:40
Man you Americans are lucky first having 1995-2010 to abuse the hell out of oxycontin and now the market is flooded with dillies, panas and Tar. Whilst in the UK there isnt jack!
Wait what? I thought the UK was flooded with pure DMHCL and #4 and #3 and shit? Man if that's not the case then maybe the UK isn't all I thought it was cracked up to be :p

DooMMooD
23-03-2012, 13:24
In my experience the emergency room won't do one single thing for you if you are in brutal opiate withdrawals despite the size of the habit or anything (except slap you with a fat bill). Am i wrong about this?

Totally right. the ER isn't gonna do shit for you except slap on your file that youre an addict and the next time you come in with your arm hanging on by a thread of skin to just give you an advil. And then slap you with a bill. And then tell you to get lost and stop complaining about how you havent slept for 3 days and your legs wont stop shaking and you haven't been able to keep food down in over 48 hours so youre weak and your bodys all fucked up and you can barely walk; they'll put ya in the wheel chair roll ya to the front door and see ya later.

Well, unless the hospital has a detox unit. When I was at detox the hospital i was at would actually bring in people in severe alcohol/opiate/benzo W/D FROM the ER TO the Detox unit. But as everyone told me, those few hours they were waiting in the ER they didnt get shitttttttttt and had to wait to get to the detox ward until they could get suboxone/librium/w/e their medication was.

I also made the switch from SEVERAL opana 40s a day (average minimum of 3, so 120+mg opana daily minimum) and checked my ass into detox. I made the jump to subutex 24 hours later when my withdrawals were just barely starting (opana has long legs so the bulk of W/D start later, and after that first 24 hours thats just the TIP of the withdrawal ice berg, for me opana w/d peak at 2-3 days). Anyway since they were barely started i risked taking 2mg subutex, and it made me a bit better. But do NOT try taking subs/bupe ANY SOONER when it comes to opana, the 12 hour rule most people here use IMO does NOT apply to opana, for me its the 24 hour rule with these yellow bastards.

First day i was on 10mg subutex (from my 120mg opana minimum daily, some days even higher like 160-200mg avg) and that held me well. I was able to drop rapidly and was at 2mg 5 days later. Even for withdrawals from a drug as strong as opana, at such crazy doses, 10mg bupe was enough for me. But everyone is different, there was a kid there on a much less severe oxy habit who had to take the same amount of bupe as me.

Also just fyi: i have never in my life experienced w/d akin to when I kicked that opana habit. I've kicked hundreds of Mgs of morphine before, i've kicked a crazy amount of 8mg dillys, oxys, even skag once (although i have a preference for pharmas) and not one of those times, not even the time i was doing 4-500mg morphine and 24mg dilly DAILY compared to the opana withdrawal.

Normally the worst part of W/D for me is NOT the pain, but from kicking the opanas i was in actual physical mind numbing pain and agony, in particular in my back. Yes my back gets bad withdrawing from ANY opiate, but it honestly felt as if someone were constantly smashing it with a sledgehammer, so badly that i had to curl up in contorted positions on my bed to put 0 pressure on my back muscles. And even then, laying like some sideshow freak, the pain was still on a level that I have never experienced.

I may catch shit from the ladies for this comment but I can imagine that childbirth is much less painful than what I was going through. Never in my life have i felt that kind of pain (never from a broken bone, from ripping all the flesh from my knee, nada ever compared)

To put it in perspective, i've never NEEDED detox/hospital for withdrawals before. Sure, it would've been nice, and made it a lot easier, but i never needed it. With the withdrawals from those opanas? I definitely needed to be in that hospital detox ward. There is no fucking way i could have done that on my own.

Bige
23-03-2012, 17:09
Eait until you go into suboxone withdrawls. You think opana is bad. Just wait!

Tommyboy
23-03-2012, 17:31
Eait until you go into suboxone withdrawls. You think opana is bad. Just wait!
If you taper off the withdrawals are not that bad. I didn't get a chance to taper off of my high dose of suboxone (other than a quick 2-3 week taper from 16mg - nothing after being on it for 18+ months) so the withdrawals were horrible, but a proper taper would have made it a lot easier.

I also made the switch from SEVERAL opana 40s a day (average minimum of 3, so 120+mg opana daily minimum) and checked my ass into detox. I made the jump to subutex 24 hours later when my withdrawals were just barely starting (opana has long legs so the bulk of W/D start later, and after that first 24 hours thats just the TIP of the withdrawal ice berg, for me opana w/d peak at 2-3 days). Anyway since they were barely started i risked taking 2mg subutex, and it made me a bit better. But do NOT try taking subs/bupe ANY SOONER when it comes to opana, the 12 hour rule most people here use IMO does NOT apply to opana, for me its the 24 hour rule with these yellow bastards.

First day i was on 10mg subutex (from my 120mg opana minimum daily, some days even higher like 160-200mg avg) and that held me well. I was able to drop rapidly and was at 2mg 5 days later. Even for withdrawals from a drug as strong as opana, at such crazy doses, 10mg bupe was enough for me. But everyone is different, there was a kid there on a much less severe oxy habit who had to take the same amount of bupe as me.

I find suboxone to be a lot more effective the longer you wait. When I have taken it after waiting only 18+ hours, it didn't seem to do much, but when I took it after waiting about 36 hours, it worked so much better. I never understood why people take suboxone so soon. Withdrawals usually don't start for me until at least 24 hours after my last dose of an opiate. Yea I may be sweating a bit before then, and become restless, but nothing that requires me to reach for suboxone at that point. My withdrawals peak by day 3, so I usually take them somewhere between say 1-3 to get the most out of them.

brokenpinky
24-03-2012, 16:59
Sorry about not replying earlier..

Well I remember doing alot of opana the week before my appointment, about 100mg a day. Then I starting cutting back on Sat I think I did about 50mg on Saturday and same on Sunday. I snorted 5mg about 4am sunday going into monday morning.
My Dr appointment was at 8:45am and I was feeling pretty shitty but not to bad. She wanted me to start off on 24mg a day. She told to take them as soon as got my script no need to go into W/Ds as soon as I get my script start taking them. I see a Women and Male Dr their are 2 of them in this practice. She started me out, but I have seen the Male Dr once,. Anyway.

didn't listen to her. I got my script and when I got home I printed up a cow's worksheet. I think I screwed up on it I should of waited longer to dose. My first dose was .25mg. at about 2pm or 3pm. almost 12hrs since my last snort.I was in W/Ds but should of waited longer.
I felt better right away. stopped puking stomach calmed down. but with in a hour the W/Ds were back. so I took .5 mg waited about 30min then took 1mg and so on. I think I was up to about 8mg by 10pm that night. but I had no energy at all I mean I didn't want to move. It felt like I was buried in sand. The next morning when I woke up I felt pretty good just no energy at all. So I took 4mg that morning and took 2mg later that afternoon and another 4 that night.
That really helped me out. I felt normal. but I think I was taking about 12 mg a day the next few day then I started tapering I been tapering ever since.
I'm at 3mg now, I started taking them in January of this year.
My final Dose of opana was 5mg at 4am. but was doing a large amount opana the week before.
I waited about 9 hours after my last dose of opana before I started taking suboxone.
I didn't go into Precipitated Withdrawls .
I started our very low dose of Suboxone. .25 waited and kept dosing up.. took me about 3 days to find the right dose. but I went to work 2 days after I my first dose felt really strange but I managed..

The W/Ds from opana before I started Suboxone were bad, but I should of stuck it out more looking back on it.
Opana W/Ds are the worst by far.
I been doing shit since I was 12 years old. I'm 46 now. This wasn't my first bout of W/Ds from Opioids but my first try doing it with Suboxone. Suboxone saved my life this time. I was really bad I was ready to off my self this time.
My plan is to reduce 25% ever 7 days now. till I'm at .25 a day then skip days till I just stop taking it.

Fivecats
29-03-2012, 14:57
I was on the "old" stopsign Opana ER 10mgs TID for 3 months. It worked fairly well for my pain...and then I refilled and got the NEW formula. Useless. Absolutely USELESS. I went to my pain Dr and she put me on Nucynta ER 100MGs BID. I:?t gets my pain down to about a 6.....Im think Im going to ask to switch to Morphine on my next appt. Any Thoughts??

Fivecats
29-03-2012, 15:03
I know. The reformulated ones did NOTHING for my pain at all. I dont even think they dissolved. I was doing fine with the old formula, I had my life back! Now Im in agony, and they gave me Nucynta ER...Im not impressed.

barrackopana
04-04-2012, 04:45
i just saw that Endo(I hate them) bought the patent for oxymorphone today,or maybe yesterday(google Oxymorphone patent), and I don't really know how that will effect the availability of possible(please,please) new generics for Opana er rumored to be coming from Watson later in the year or the generics out now for the irs and low dose ers. Can they now say no one can use oxymorphone but us?

tricomb
04-04-2012, 04:55
First of all I love your username.

Second, How the hell are they going to claim the rights to oxymorphone? There are already generics, what will happen with those?

HaZeX
04-04-2012, 05:15
i just saw that Endo(I hate them) bought the patent for oxymorphone today,or maybe yesterday(google Oxymorphone patent), and I don't really know how that will effect the availability of possible(please,please) new generics for Opana er rumored to be coming from Watson later in the year or the generics out now for the irs and low dose ers. Can they now say no one can use oxymorphone but us?

Crap your right

"By acquiring Johnson Matthey's patent to the oxymorphone ingredient, which will be listed in the U.S. Food and Drug Administration's Orange Book, Endo will enjoy additional patent protection for its OPANA franchise, now through 2029.

"This patent not only covers our newly designed to be crush resistant OPANA® ER, it covers all products that include oxymorphone that are manufactured in accordance with current FDA specifications," said Julie McHugh, chief operating officer of Endo.

http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2012/03/22/PH74691

tricomb
04-04-2012, 05:19
I knew it was time to switch medications, I don't want to keep supporting Endo financially, they are fucking terrible. They straight up dropped the ball on Opana ER and now they are the only ones who can make the IR version?? Fuck them. Just as bad as Purdue.

I'll bet we see a mass transition to Dilaudid. I'm sure as hell switching.

HaZeX
04-04-2012, 05:27
Supposedly IMPAX has the right to make Oxymorphone also on or before Jan. 1, 2013.

barrackopana
04-04-2012, 05:46
I saw that Impax and watson both have previously made some type of agreement to be able to produce Generic Opana ER. I do not know enough about patent laws to know if those [email protected] at Endo can go back on those agreements now that they have bought the patent. The idea that eventually we get back an old style opana when the generic came out was helping me from being completely bummed out. Then I stumbled across this crappy news. Another thing on my mind is the thought that this shortage of the ir pills might have something to do with Endo (m'fers) changing them up, too. I have not heard that anywhere else ,it just seems mighty suspicious to me.

Tripman
04-04-2012, 05:50
i saw that impax and watson both have previously made some type of agreement to be able to produce generic opana er. I do not know enough about patent laws to know if those [email protected] at endo can go back on those agreements now that they have bought the patent. The idea that eventually we get back an old style opana when the generic came out was helping me from being completely bummed out. Then i stumbled across this crappy news. Another thing on my mind is the thought that this shortage of the ir pills might have something to do with endo (m'fers) changing them up, too. I have not heard that anywhere else ,it just seems mighty suspicious to me.

best. Username. Ever

HaZeX
04-04-2012, 05:50
Right. If Im correct on what I'm finding both IMPAX and Watson made a deal BEFORE Endo reformulated Opana. Now Im not sure if that would impact the making of a generic, and the patent also scares me.

barrackopana
04-04-2012, 05:55
i saw a thread entirely dedicated to experiments on breaking the Oxycontin TRF. How does something like that get started?
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=523580

lazylazyjoe
04-04-2012, 11:06
Good News for Oxymorphone IR pills.
It looks like the generic IRs by Roxanne (5 & 10mg) have set a time for them to start shipping again by end of April.
Endo makes Brand name and generic IRs and neither have a shipping date.

http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/ucm050792.htm?source=govdelivery#oxymorphone

Can't someone just make a different salt of oxymorphone and not violate their patent since it specifically mentions oxymorphone hydrocloride? I have no idea on how the patent transfer affects current generic agreements.

tricomb
05-04-2012, 03:40
That would be awesome if they made like Oxymorphone sulphate.

barrackopana
05-04-2012, 03:52
or a oxymorphone milk shake

barrackopana
05-04-2012, 03:57
Does anyone have any knowledge of how Endo purchasing the patent to Oxymorphone a few days ago will effect the current and hopefully future generics for Opana ir and er?

barrackopana
05-04-2012, 20:02
hopefully i have some good news here. Like alot of folks i have been fretting over the new opana and spending alotof time on the internet waiting for some to defeat the TRF. I have been sniffing 2,3, 0r 4, a day 40mg pills for......damn, three years now. That is every day until i run out of three month script the shuck and jive to keep well until i can get next 3 month supply and totally forget the hell i just went through and do it again. In the time I am scrambling my tolerance always drops to where in the end I am surviving on a few 10 mg percs a day. That is just surviving! This was the case when I got the new formula last week. I am giving this info to let you know about where my tolerance is now, pretty low. what i have been doing to keep from getting sick is cutting these thing into tiny pieces with a pair of side cutters and putting alittle of that under my tongue and kind letting it goop up until i eventuallychew it up or it disolves and i swallow it. This has done nothing as far as the old opana nod or anything only kept me from getting sick.......UNTIL!
this morning I used about half pill under my tongue and ate a very crappy high fat breakfast and boom, i wake up half way through cutting up another pill for later. (hah,good thing i didn't lop off a finger). Yesterday after a similar crappy breakfast i had felt kind of a sleepy,lazy feeling but kind of dismissed it as I was at work and work generally makes me feel that way.Opna ER has apparently always had warnings about high fat foods increasing oral bioavailability but i have never paid attention due to the fact that of the 1000s of them I have had (and now miss each and every one) they all went up the old sniffer.
Will someone else give this a try and report their experience, remember my tolerance is fortunately at the low end for now.
Best of luck to everyone on keeping well. I know these new pills must have alot of people scrambling to fend off withdraw. I have been considering different options and I pray that the IRs are not the next to fall under the TRF plan if they even really do become readily available. I worry that this "shortage" or whatever they are blaming the lack of availabilty on will result in a new IR TRF.

tricomb
05-04-2012, 20:29
I always eat a high fat meal before snorting opana. Works really well.

barrackopana
05-04-2012, 20:38
if i did that every time i (used to) snort opana I would weigh 900 lbs. HAHA. tri, if you have access to the new formula try what I did and let me know, please.

daskopf
14-04-2012, 00:09
Um... nothing really to add here, just that I'm in the same boat too, I guess...

40mg tid that the wife was actually in charge of dolling out (she kept them in a safe, safely away from me), so I never ran out (bless her)...

eireann
17-04-2012, 18:49
the best sleeping pill for a buzz is zimovane the best to sleep is dalmane and the worst is stilnoct

J.Robot
18-04-2012, 02:43
^.... uhm, what?