• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

I just found Opanas for the first time! :) I get a decent buzz (no nod or anything) on 30mg oxycodone. Just insufflated a 1/4 of a 40. I'll let ya know how it goes!

Not bad! 10mg-ish has me feeling quite nice. Pretty equivalent to 30mgs Perc. Maybe a tad better even. :D

i asked my dr to come off fentanyl and try opana er. he said it was too strong, i was like wtf in my head. all he will give me is morphine, oxycotin, or fentanyl. i picked fent 18+ months ago. and am using the last of my roxi 5s for bt pain.. i am going to stick with msir 15s 120/m and see how much oxycotin he would give me

^Your little story there makes me want to throw myself down a flight of stares...and then reap the rewards! lol..yea right.

I don't know about other people but for me the Opana high is very strange. I have been snorting every Opana-ER dose (3-4 days apart) ~2 hours after taking 30mg DXM (HBr) for tolerance reduction. It could be that the DXM is synergizing (could this happen at this dose??), but the opana high is very subtle and almost eerie. I get waves of emotional sensitivity (like on shrooms but milder). It seems to be mentally overbearing at times, which has never happened on oxycodone even with the same DXM schedule, just smooth body tingling euphoria.

It is only after redosing several hours later that I really feel the amazing opiated rush that Opana has to offer and that has led to it being compared to Heroin more than any other opiate high. I haven't done H but from the descriptions I could say that the second dose of Opana in the same day seems like a similar bliss. Does anybody else notice this? Why do think?

kind've interested in trying these but i don't snort or shoot, only chew... so does the low bioavailabilty not even make worth it?

kind've interested in trying these but i don't snort or shoot, only chew... so does the low bioavailabilty not even make worth it?

I would say so, but it depends on the price. When you snort opana, it is about 4x as powerful as when taken orally. A drug like oxycodone, on the other hand, is about equal when snorted as when taken orally. Do the math and make your own decision.

I've been looking around through the ways I've seen people say they can shoot up the Er pills. I was wondering if the methods if they do actually work would make it absorb much better and not gel up in your nose? An example is someone said you can crush one up, just barely cover it in methanol, heat it up then filter it through cotton, then evaporate the methanol and it leaves you with a powder I guess. So if I did that, and it actually did work if I snorted that powder after making sure all the methanol had evaporated it wouldn't gel up would it?

SWIM got a script for 5mg IR Opana. SWIM took two and when it didnt work looked it up and realized they BA for oral is horrible. SWIM crushed up one 5mg IR and insufflated. Didn't really do much either. SWIM has been taking about 15 tramadol a day (yes alot, Dont ever take more than 200MG/Day) and can handle probably 40mg of Hydrocodone. Anyway, So should SWIM be having a problem feeling it? Didnt think that SWIM was gonna have this much trouble feeling it by now. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for responses.

God these SWIM's are killing my eyes

This has been said over and over again.

Opana is shit when eaten.
Opana is around 3-8 times more potent than oxycodone when sniffed
I have never ever had a gelling problem from sniffing the 40mg ER's (the only ones i get)

If you have never taken oxymorphone before start small, even if you are an opioid vet. IME this is the holy grail of opiates, but also the most nauseating.

SWIM got a script for 5mg IR Opana. SWIM took two and when it didnt work looked it up and realized they BA for oral is horrible. SWIM crushed up one 5mg IR and insufflated. Didn't really do much either. SWIM has been taking about 15 tramadol a day (yes alot, Dont ever take more than 200MG/Day) and can handle probably 40mg of Hydrocodone. Anyway, So should SWIM be having a problem feeling it? Didnt think that SWIM was gonna have this much trouble feeling it by now. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for responses.

If your tolerance is at 40mg of hydrocodone at one time then 10mg of Opana snorted should have you floating, Im sort of surprised 5mg didnt do anything. Opana IMO is easily the best pharmaceutical opiate. Snorted its about 4 to 6 times stronger than oxycodone, and I think it may even be stronger than that. Maybe your tolerance is more than you expected. I would always tell someone new to opana to be very careful. If you crush and snort 5 mg up each nostril and dont feel it after 20 minutes then maybe do 5mg more, but you gotta be careful, Opana is very strong and sometimes it can creep up on you.

Opana is unlike any other opiate, it has officially rocked my face.

^^ That I don't know.
I know one person who is prescribed IR & ER formulations but that would be the extent of those I know that have scripts.
They lurk BL but do not have an account.
Other than that I've never seen anyone else with a script.
This anecdotal info is coming from the NE USA if that helps.

^^ That I don't know.
I know one person who is prescribed IR & ER formulations but that would be the extent of those I know that have scripts.
They lurk BL but do not have an account.
Other than that I've never seen anyone else with a script.
This anecdotal info is coming from the NE USA if that helps.

My doctor prescribed me 5mg IRs and 10mg ERs last week for chronic back pain due to a herniated disc. I had never heard of the stuff before and have been trying to read up on it.

I've tried snorting both; the 5mg hasn't done much, the 10mg ERs tend to be better I think, though as a lot of people have pointed out, you have to be really careful due to the TIMERx extended release system (http://www.penwest.com/timerx.html).

Please keep in mind that the colored coating has NOTHING to do with the ER; rather, the TimerX is extended release on a molecular level, meaning there is no way to "break" it fully. I have heard of conflicting reports on the dangers of the system. I've seen a number of reports of people ODing on relatively small doses (15mg), though the evidence as to why was inconclusive (in many cases, people were mixing the Opana with benzos or other opiates, alcohol, etc.).

When snorting the ERs, it's best to start out with very low doses. I do half of the 10mg, then an hour or more I'll do another half. The powder tends to paste up when snorted.

^^ Indeed. The TIMERX is a bitch.
The ER's when snorted seem to release a initial burst then basically gel up and sit in your nose releasing the rest over time.
I've used a nasal spray I made out of the IR's that seems to work great.
I've read & heard anecdotal reports of being able to get the Oxymorphone out of the ER's by simply allowing them to sit for 24 hours in water.
From what I've read on TIMERX it seems feasible that you would recover at least a good portion of the Oxymorphone with that method.
I've yet to attempt it myself.
I should try it as letting the ER sit in water for 24 hours then removing the water & putting it into a nasal spray should theoretically work.
If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear it.
Seeing as the IR's work great as a nasal spray it would be great if there was a easy method to do so as well with the ER's. :)

Snorting Opana - a few questions

I've been searching around for a few hours on google and other sites trying to find some pretty specific answers to my questions but every thread I came across kind of ended up snowballing into something that had nothing to do with the original topic.

I have some Opana ER 20MG pills I got from a friend. The first time I took them I felt nice and good, had a little nod goin on. After time I felt it less and less until I just felt nothing at all (maybe 20 or 30 pills over 2-3 months) I tried taking 2 one day and still felt nothing, tried it again with a beer or 2, and still didn't feel anything really.

Happen to come across a thread about snorting opana, did a bit of research on it, about how it has that TIMERx stuff built into it, as soon as it touches water it gels up making it difficult to find a way to shoot it (i wont shoot it).

Anyway, my questions are pretty simple. I've never snorted it before so I want to make sure I'm doing it right, if that makes any sense to you ..

I took the pill and ran it under some water, got the green coating off of the front back and sides of the pill, then dried it off, put it in a little bag and crushed it up into a fine powder, 1st question is, is that how you get rid of the time release on it?

2nd off, after I crushed it up, there was a lot of it that went immediately into a super fine powder, there are a few pieces that seem to look like little pieces of toilet paper or something, I don't know if that's cause I dried it in some toilet paper, which probably wasn't the best idea :p, or if I just did it wrong.

3rd question, saw some threads about people snorting it saying after they did, it geld up in their nose and they had some clammy white stuff dripping out of their nose, but the threads didn't go into detail about if they tried to release the time coating on it or just crushed it up and snorted it

I only have a few left and I don't want to waste them, so I figured instead of searching for hours longer I'd just post a thread, because this seemed to be one of the main sites with a lot of answers or threads.

Also since it's the first time snorting it, some people said on other forums do a little bit then wait 15 30min and see if you feel anything, and if not, do more. Most of the threads I read were about people who had 5 or 10mg ones, and these are 20mgs

Thanks in advance

I've had 10mg ERs and 30mg ERs. The TIMERx system is the same on all ER pills, it's just the dose and colour that vary.

First of all, you don't want to wet the pill to get the coating off. It's not like OC, where you dampen it and the coating comes right off. It's more like a skin and it'll gel up as soon as it gets wet. What you should do is crush the pill intact, get it into powder, then pick out the bits of coating. That'll stop it from gelling up. You might as well eat the bits of coating - no point in wasting any unnecessarily.

Once you've picked out those bits, rack up your lines and snort gently. It will gel up, but that's unavoidable. Plus the gelling isn't unbearable. You want to snort gently to avoid it dripping into your stomach, because oral BA is shitty. If you snort gently, it'll stay in your nasal cavity for longer, and more will get absorbed.

Wait about 15 minutes (by that time, all that can be absorbed by your nasal membranes will have been absorbed), then snort really hard to get it to drip down, and snort a few drops of warm water to clean your nasal membranes. There isn't any point snorting more opana without doing this, cos it will have gelled up and coated your membranes, preventing any more opana from being absorbed. Once you've snorted the water and your nose is clean and fresh again, you can snort more. I read this tip somewhere and it made a huge difference to how high I got.

Snort, rinse, repeat, enjoy. Hope that helps.

i always cut the coating off with a knife and then crush the pill and snort it. it's really not that hard, bro.

eat a fatty meal before you snort it, and enjoy.

I have done these many times. The coating is nothing, just crush it and snort. Don't just 'suck it through' either. Let it sit in your sinuses a little bit and absorb. Yes it will gel up, that's what it's supposed to do.

If you are still instant on removing the coating, the easiest way I have seen it done is pop it in your mouth for a second or two, remove, and wipe it in your shirt, that will remove it, but it really doesn't make a difference.

Most of all, be careful, Opana is very powerful.

Taking Opana orally is a complete waste. Snorting them is easy, but you have to be careful as they are powerful that way, much different from taking them orally, you may be able to take 40mg's orally, but you wont be able to handle that much snorting. And you can just crush and grind the pill with the coating on, but I do believe the coating makes them gel more in the nose, but sometimes I have no problems. The best way to do it would be to shave the coating off with a knife before crushing. Do not put these pills in the mouth, wetness and this pill do not mix, you will not be able to crush them into a powder after words, they will crush into a flattened globbed up mess. Opana is the best pharm out there IMO, unless you swallow it.

Last edited: