• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

Extended release ... so fucking annoying. As ER technology gets better, most drugs are gonna gravitate towards the ER form , and IR forms are gonna get a lot harder to get. Nobody around here has even heard of Opana, but its something i'd love to try.

-lenses

(W00T! 300th post! Yay! ) I'd like to dedicate this post to mudkips around the world.

For those interested, opana intake absorption orally is only 10%, when ingesting a fatty meal prior to use it's improved to 50% but much still doesn't get filtered purely into the bloodstream due to having to go thru the intestines and liver breakdown. **For experienced, high-tolerance users only** If you want the best experience eat a high fat/protein food 45 to an hour before snorting it. if you snort it remember you want it to be absorbed thru the mucus membranes so those of you who hauk it down your throat your wasting it, so snort somewhat slowly to avoid this. i suggest splittin the line evenly between both nostrils assuming they're both clear since the left leads to the bloodstream, the right tend to settle more in the uppersinus cavity closer to the brain. From here is my method, i have a Very High tolerance to all opiates, benzos & alcohol....that being said i follow with a 2mg clonopin as an added relaxant and it's a very acute dose so it doesn't take away from the better euphoria of opana & three shots of vodka over a span of 30 mins, adding a potentiation of about 170%. Again, i do not suggest this to anyone who couldn't comfortable snort 2-3 40mg opana in a sitting. The only other way to have the onset and absorption more prevelent would be IV, which despite the claims on here TimeRx is indeed breakable given you have time & experience in breaking abuse proof coatings of other pills. I think i've added enough information for the spectrum of users across this thread, plz take into account your own tolerance & experience with everything encapsulated in this post. I have no intent of harming anyone, this is in fact a website about staying ALIVE. I hope this is only beneficial to all & not detrimental. This was my first post here tho i've been a long time reader. Enjoy!be safe, be smart!

Ouch.

New here, but I have a question that has been bugging me for too long now.

In short, I've been attempting to insulfate Opana ER (10mg) over extended period of time. The only other drug I've ever insulfated has been Oxycontin (10mg). While the Oxycontin never bothered by nose a single bit, the Opana ER has my nose not only stopped up, but there is a considerable amount of blood and pain involved as well.

In fact usually several hours after insulfating some my nose starts hurting so I applied some saline solution to a q-tip and lightly applied it inside my nose. Then when blowing my nose a huge chunk of hard mucous, blood, and whatnot will usually come out. The morning after is no better.... if I can sleep through the night due to not being able to breath very well... usually a lot of oozing goo with a bit of blood comes out.

I know... I should stop and I've decided that unless I heard of a solution I'll have to use another way. So, is there a reason why I have these problems? I've read here and a couple other forums of people insulfating larger amounts than me and having no issues but "a little gelling." Is there some key "prep-work" I missed? I remove the outside coating crush to oblivion and enjoy.

Please forgive me if this post is in error in any way, it's my first post, though I know that should not be an excuse.

i doubt this has anything to do with oxymorphone itself, probably just the OpanaER pill, maybe an inactive ingrediant or something

i have insuffalated OpanaER pills for months at a time with no symptoms of that nature ever, nor have i ever heard of anything like this with Opana. i have used those same 10mg pills as you have before as well...i think you might have a acute sensitivity to one of the inactive ingrediants (binders/fillers) in OpanaER

maybe try to get your hands on some OpanaIR and test it, as OpanaIR has not near the amount of binders/fillers as OpanaER

Cheers:D

Well sometime this week I'll be moving to the 15mg ERs, though I expect that to be just the same except for the color ingredient. The following week I will be getting some of the IRs, but I'm not sure how many.

Still, I'm sure it has to do with the filler as you said, I just didn't know if it would be possible to do some form of wash/extraction. I don't need it to be clean enough to IV, just clean enough for my apparently "over-sensitive" nose to insulfate.

Anyone have any ideas? As far as I've been able to tell I'm the only person I've read about that's experienced this problem.

I also get minor bleeding, but its just because my nose is sensitive. it happens whether its oxycontin/codone or opana. I look at it like this, if my nose is bleeding then that is just an easier route for the active ingredient to get where it needs to go.

I am prescribed opana er 10mg and I like them xcept for the gelling do the 10mg opana ir gel the same way, not as bad, or not at all? also I read someones method to iv opana ir was to add water and let it sit for an hour till the powder seperates to the bottom of the spoon, does this method actually work? I just know with the ERs it is impossible because you can put like 5ccs of water in the spoon and it will all just turn to gel.
any help is much appreciated

Is Oxymorphone considerably more powerful a drug then hydromorphone? Literature says so but I'd like accounts from people who've used both drugs first hand.

I'm hoping to get a script for the 5mg Opana IR toward the end of the week and was wondering about something.

Due to the nature of the Opana ER time-release and accounts from many people of the high lasting nearly the full time even after being crushed and insulfated (I never had this happen for me and always seemed to need to re-dose every 2-4 hours depending) will the amount I need to take (insulfated) of the IR be different from the ER?

I am just thinking that if the ER has it's special time-release system that the full amount isn't being released (at least not immediately) so when I dose with the IR (insulfated same as the ER) that I will need slightly less though it may not last as long.

For anyone who has had both the ER and IR is this the case at all and if so what % less should I take of the IR?

What is up with Opana? Ever since i quite using a year ago, it still takes me at least 90mg to get where I want to be.

wow 90 mgs???!!! Wow bro you must have quite the tolerance. Back when I would be able to get Opana 50 ER/Opana 10 IR's ( only lasted about 3 months = ( ) I couldn't even finish a whole pills and I was doing it just about everyday, mostly insufflated. However, one day I iv''d about half to 2/3rds of an Opana IR and overdosed... but lived obviously. Had a terrible hangover the next day though.

Forgot to write this. My friend somehow go the time release coating off. I remember he used a microwave at one point. I'll ask him next time I see him which will be in a day or two. He's a regular IV user and receives Opana 20ER's and Opana 10IR's for chronic pain.

Forgot to write this. My friend somehow go the time release coating off. I remember he used a microwave at one point. I'll ask him next time I see him which will be in a day or two. He's a regular IV user and receives Opana 20ER's and Opana 10IR's for chronic pain.

Thanks man, I appreciate the info, im really curious now too, bc swim can get oxycodone 15mg, Opana Er 10 mg, and possibly if they ask for it Opana 10 mg immediate release. Swim really like the oxycodone better bc it's easily crushed, snorted, iv, etc. But if anyone can give a convincing argument to defend Opana Ir as far as different ROA, ill try to get that someone to possibly try them. I just know from experience im uninsured and know them extended release buggers are expensive so if the immediate release are comparable price wise it wouldn't be an argument but swim has insurance and probably doesn't give it a second thought.

I know drug testing questions aren't allowed, but hopefully since this isn't a question it is ok:

As it may or may not be helpful to some out there I recently found out that Opana is apparently not detectable by at least some labs. I had to take a test at my PM a short while back and despite having taken the Opana ER for a few days before and the day of my test (which was sent off for one of those fancy analysis tests) it came back completely clean.

Luckily the doc didn't believe that I was diverting/selling the meds and called the lab - turns out that at least at that particular lab they were unable to test for oxymorphone or whatever it's metabolites are. Scared the crap out of me at first (as it was my second time to come up clean in a row... the first time he just decided I needed to retest).

---<next topic>---

I recently got some 5mg Opana IR tablets. I never saw it mentioned before, but there is a ton of material there! I mean the 5mg IR has to have at least twice as much powder as the 15mg ER that I get.

Just wondering if there is a way to shrink the amount of material needed (such as a wash and filter process)? I've heard of putting it into a spray bottle, but I'd like to hear from some people that have done it as to how affective it is by comparison to just normal insulfation of it all.

I can get a pretty constant stream of 20mg Opana ER and I was curious as to whether or not anyone's figured out how to prep these for IV yet. Everywhere I've read says it's nearly impossible and I don't want to waste any pills trying to figure it out for myself, since I have no idea where to even begin.

If you can get the er20s prescribed, then you should be able to get the ir's too. The ERs would take formal chem gear and considerable knowhow to extract, so get ir's if you intend to boot 'em. It's still a little tricky, but so long as you use a large cotton, needle-less syringe, excess water, and reduce the extract by boiling, it should be easy enough.

If anyone knows retail prices on either or both the ER and IR, could you please post? I can get the scripts, but the opana seems to be prohibitively expensive.

Here is a good chunk of information that I previously posted in a smaller thread but that I believe belongs here, appropriately in the OpanaER - Mega Thread - ;)
I believe it will be a good (harm reduction) reference to the following topics covered :

(1) make sure your snorting technique is good, so you don't waste anything, (2) try the high-fat meal ordeal, and/or (3) use some sort of CYP450 inhibitor. Of all those, #1 is definitely the most important. Hopefully somebody with a lot of tried and tested experience can chime in with something more specific for you.

(1.1) I have had oxymorphone daily for quite some time in the form of OpanaER and OpanaIR tablets, OpanaER is much superior in my opinion especially for insuffulating for the simple reason OpanaIR tablets are only made in 5mg and 10mg pills, and they are bigger, about 1.5x as much powder as any OpanaER tablet, which go up to 40mg...So when you have a nice high dosage OpanaER Tablet that's the way to go. Say you have a 40mg OpanaER tablet for instance, your snorting ~6x less powder even if you had the highest OpanaIR tablets available (10mg) and ~12x less if you have the 5mg OpanaIR tabs:\
So when acquiring oxymorphone for insuffulation, OpanaER is the way to go if you get the half of the upper portion of the dosages available, which is the majority.

(1.2)When insuffulating OpanaER, since it is a time release pill it does gel to an extent, but not very badly, its actually something I really enjoy as well as many other Opana users I know and have talked to here on BL.
The reason is this: When you insuffulate OpanaER as opposed to Oxycontin, it has the ability to gels slightly which allows it to stay up in your nasal membranes for a very long time (it can stay up in your noses for hours if you desire (i have), you can control how long you would like to hold you dose up in your nose for the most part, and then swallow it down when you feel like it) and gives it a GREAT chance to absorb, it makes for a very strong and lengthy high, as opposed to Oxycontin dripping down your throat constantly:\
Don't get me wrong I like my Oxycontin, but after having Opana available it's no contest in my opinion, the fine powder that the Opana tablet creates sticks in the nasal membranes so perfectly, it makes for a far superior high than any Oxycontin high:)

(1.3 When preparing your OpanaER tablet for insuffulation, DO NOT wipe it off with water, or put it in your mouth like Oxycontin to remove the coating. This makes the pill gel slightly most of the time and your powder is all wet as a result. The powder in Opana is less dence then in an Oxycontin, so that's a factor.

(1.4)To remove the outer film of your OpanaER tablet simply grab a nice handy sharp knife, a nice razor blade, or even scissors have worked pretty damn good for me in a pinch:)
Then you just grab your OpanaER tablet that now has have its film coating carefully shaved off:)
I think everyone knows what to do after that:D

(2) A fatty meal a half hour before you dose, or even with your dose when I don't want to wait is always great, whether I'm taking it in the ER form for pain, or IR for insuffalation. I almost always try to eat some kind of food (preferably with a portion of healthy fat:) ) , it helps everytime and has been documented to raise the BA up to 50% :)

(3) I don't know much about CYP450 inhibitors yet unfortunately and don't have access to sourced information on the subject yet,
do you by chance happen to have a chart available JC? and/or possibly know of any common ones?

Have fun, be safe, if you have any other questions I'll be around as always;)

-TheMatador

Last edited:
Matador PMed me, but I can't reply yet so here's my (further) account of what Opana has done to me:

Definitely dries everything out, yet the stuff that isn't is pretty thick and goopy and there is always enough of it to be nearly constantly trying to blow my nose or (and this is fairly sick) but using a q-tip or a bent paper clip to try and pull out dried pieces that are stuck really far back.

Some of the stuff that I've pulled out has been HUGE and you can even see the powder on it. It looks like it's covers all the way around and goes fairly far back. Sometimes if I try I can "snort" (say like the pig not the other) and feel the hard lump come loose and then the option is either swallow, or what usually happens, cough/spit it out.

Also it causes my nose to swell on both sides (only on the inside as far as I can tell). One side nearly closes off, but I think that's from a deviated septum so it's smaller to start with.

One of the worst parts though is that it kills my voice and causes difficulty in breathing (especially laying down) and I will sometimes cough up lumps (small and HUGE) of the thickest stuff I've ever seen (obviously what causes issues in breathing).

I wish I had a way of preventing it because as you said, the oral BA does suck.

Anyway, that's my nasty account of it. Just as a PS it does take 2-3+ weeks for most of the issues to subside. The worst goes away within a week, but I still occasionally feel I have to cough something up and have issues with dry/bleeding nasal problems. And it's been 3-4 weeks now.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Great post and response :) I would like to continue discussion, this is an important topic for sure, I do have a couple questions though, if you dont mind :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you a smoker?

Do you sniff or smoke any other drugs besides Opana? if so which ones?

How much and in what form of Opana do you do usually?

I have experienced most of the things you have described except the bottom part, this has never happened to me, the Opana actually caused you to cough up stuff? (not just stuff in your nose)?

Are you physically dependent on opioids? if so how do you get around letting your nose heal?

I take breaks, usually a week at a time and everything is ok, but I don't want to continue with it period.

It seems like it has more health consequences on the nose/sinuses than other pills..........

Have any of you fellow bluelighters had any experiences like this with insulation of OpanaER/IR (negative health consequences, either short-term or long-term) ????

Responses appreciated :)

-TheMatador

I use the Opana ER 30mg. I insufflate them after the coating is removed and I have enjoyed the result. I get very itchy with the ER though. I don't experience the itching as much with the IR though. It is not as good as oxycodone in my opinion, but it is a great drug none the less.

I have IV'd the Opana IR as well. It was kinda cool, being that it was neon blue. I would prefer to IV about 5-10mg and then take another 5-10mg of the IR insufflated. I have not experienced any ill side effects that were different from any other opioid.