• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids OG Octagonal Opana ER - MEGA THREAD - can't find YOUR thread? check here.

no, i'm pretty sure they start at 10mg. i have used opana er for my chronic spine pain and it is very effective, more so i think, than oxycontin. opana boasts that they are a TRUE 12 hr med, and i agree with them every bit. with opana, i'm able to relieve MOST of the pain, so i don't have to take as many percs. i think it's a really great med, however, there are others here that like the oxycontin better. i think you'll be satisfied with the opana though. let me know how it turns out for you

Thanks for the help I have an appointment on the 20th of this month and will ask my doctor to switch me over.

I've taken both oxycontin and opana in the past. First here's a little information. Opana ER is a long acting medicine while Opana is the short acting, kind of like Oxycontin is the long acting and percocet or oxycodone is the short acting. They're used in combination to relieve both pain over a 24 hour period and break through pain.

Opana and Opana ER have the same ingredient, OxyMorphone. OxyMorphone is about twice as strong as OxyCodone i believe (im not 100% sure though, so check a conversion chart 1st). But it also has some draw backs, while it may be twice as strong, it's bioavailability is very very low. Something like 12% orally.

Now if you were IV'ng OxyMorphone it would be different, then you would only have to use a fraction of the dose, but since it's only available orally AND it's considered impossible to abuse (they have there own patented abuse proof system) it doesnt seem worth it.

Your on 20 mg twice a day? I'm sorry but that is such a small dose and if you've been on it for a while your tolerance is just probally up. Just tell your doctor that you'd rather just increase your dose since the Oxy was working for you.

OxyMorphone and OxyCodone work just like Morphine and Codeine. OxyCodone turns into OxyMorphine in your blood after you take it, but OxyCodone's bioavailability is like 65-80%, so a lot more is getting absorbed.

I've been on both and yes opana does work and feels just like OxyCodone, but I had to take a lot more then i should have.

Bottom line is they both turn into the same active ingredient. One has a higher absorbtion then the other. So why change to the one your going to get less out of? Just tell your Dr. you'd rather increase.

And besides you shouldn't be switching to Opana if you've only been on OxyContin 20mg twice daily, Opana, even in its lowest dose, is a very strong narcotic, the warning label and website even say your Dr. shouldnt prescribe unless you've been on narcotics for a very long time.

Currently I'm on OxyContin 80mg, 3x daily and 30mg OxyCodone 6x daily. There's always room to go up, but if you dont want to and want to try opana, hey go for it, maybe it'll work better for you.

Hope this was helpful.

If you have any questions, send me a message on AOL or AIM, my screen name is guess..

"OxyContin" :)

opana 40mg!!!

woo hoo!! 8o
ive only gotten it once before, but back when i used to be worse off on oxy and h, i remember people talking about it like it was the holy grail of opiates...
now i remember last time breaking off little pieces at a time, which i intend to do again....
however, whats the best method of removing the coating? i think i remember last time trying to remove it like oxy (pop it in my mouth, take it out, let it sit on the table for a bit, then rub off) and it didnt work that way...
any reccomendations? =D

you cant just remove the coating on opana. they are in effect, abuse proof. i assume what you have are opana ER? no dice.

um yup, those are opana ER, and are completely abuse proof. you could just try eating like half of a pill and see how it makes you feel. if you have only like a medium tolerance, it could still give you a nice buzz. just be careful with dosing... you can always take more, and its a very long lasting high. ( 10-12 hours )

yea actually i remember just crushing up little bits last time and snorting, this time i just split it in half with a razor and put it through my hose clamp/grinder and it turned it into a really fine powder! (aside from little chunks of the coating...ive actually got a pretty high tolerance, and ended up doing about 20 mgs so far, i feel pretty itchy and happy, but not like nodding or anything...meh!

all these responses are complete nonsense man, simpy take a sharp knife and make a slit in the top, then peel away the coating, u can also just take one and pop its in ur mouth and lick the coating off but u will have to let it dry for a little while (just set in front of the fan) then chrush up very fine, i use a glass candle and smash it up on a plate, then toot away, but be CAREFUL, oxymorphone is 4 TIMES STRONGER THAN OC, so whatever your OC tolerance is divide my 4, example if u are use to 40 OC then only insuffulate 10 mg Opana. all these people on here who are saying it has not abuse potential are complete morons, anyway have fun and let me know how it went, i just licked off a 20 and mine is dry now and ready to go up the nose! OH, by the way, eat a fatty snack before u toot it, the absortion is far greater like 80-90 percent of you sniff then when some fat in ur stomach, and never take them orally because the bioavabilty is only 10-20 percent (a BIG waste)

no... YOU are full of nonsense. you CAN NOT break the time release mechanism on opana ER by taking the coating off and then crushing it. i dont doubt you are getting high on what your doing, because oxymorphone is very strong, and your likely just getting high on whatever amount of oxymorphone is getting absorbed by you via the time release mechanism. so yes, you can "abuse" opana by taking it when you dont need it, just to get high, but this only works with a low/mediocre tolerance. it can not be abused like OC, ie, turning an extended release pill into an instant release pill, which is how i assumed the op meant to use it.

lol its all good guys no need to argue...and thanks for the advice opiatesrarely, but i know all about opiates and addiction, ive been using for 6-7+ years, and 2 of those years i was fully, completely and desparately addicted...but the last year or so ive cleaned up quite a bit, and the suboxone in particular has changed my life soooo much for the better...
but at the same time, my tolerance is still interestingly high, most of which i credit to the suboxone...now i hope none of you freak out or anything, but i ended up snorting the whole 40 mgs, and its all good, i wont od or anything, i finished it off about an hour ago and im feeling pretty good and itchy, but is still a dissapointment...
that last time i had the same thing, 40 mg opana, i had quit cold turkey a few months previously and my tolerance was way down, so i managed to get way fucked up with it and it last me a few days...
but yea thanks to the suboxone (and just from the tolerance, i know about it blocking stuff, so i havent dosed on it for almost 2 days)
im still glad i managed to get a little buzz, and ill ride it out tonight, maybe play a little guitar and chill, then get up for work tomorrow and start back up on my sub!

Opiatesrarely said:
I am not experienced in opiate pharmaceuticals, but I have read about Opana ER, and the time-release mechanism is much more than they outer coating like OC.

OC, in fact, has a time-release mechanism on the inside as well, but it isn't like the Opana ER one, so when you crush it, or grind it through a hose clamp, a high percentage of the oxycodone is available to insufflate.

The outer coating of an OC has nothing to do with the time release mechanism. It's simply added to make the pills easier to swallow, as well as easier to identify different strengths by the color.

~CTdopeLove

if it's opana ER it's almost impossible to IV and hard to rail. depending on your tolerance you should try to snort/parachute 5-10mg every 15 minutes until you feel noddy. have fun with that shit.

I take 20mg of oxy in the morning and then end up taking about 4 Percocet for my brake throw pain. Some times more.
The problem is that it really is not helping any more for the pain I believe that is because my tolerance is going up. I used to take morphine 30mg at night to help me sleep and it worked well. But my doctor keeps switching my meds around to find the perfect combination. I need to be off Percocet because it contains acedaminafin and it will damage my liver after 6 months of continues use. I have been on it for a year and a half.

Opiatesrarely said:
I am not experienced in opiate pharmaceuticals, but I have read about Opana ER, and the time-release mechanism is much more than they outer coating like OC.

OC, in fact, has a time-release mechanism on the inside as well, but it isn't like the Opana ER one, so when you crush it, or grind it through a hose clamp, a high percentage of the oxycodone is available to insufflate.

I would just break that 40mg tablet into a half, then break those in half and eat each fourth over the course of a month... this way you will not become addicted or tolerated to it, and your highs will be extraordinary... just remember... DON'T DO THAT SHIT DAILY, OR EVEN WEEKLY IN MOST CASES!

that is complete bullshit, im not trying to insult you man, but you simply are given him wrong information, u can crush and insuffulate Opane ER, simply do a search on the forum, infact in my opinion (as well as other bluelighters) it is somewhat BETTER than OC