• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

National Geographic Channel - Behind the scenes and in the minds of heroin addicts

I watched that entire NatGeo special and my sympathies really go out to those 2. It must feel amazing, but they have become zombies. I was never much of an opiate fan anyways, but I can't imagine living like that.

as an off again on again opiod user my heart goes out to the olso couple. A least they can crawl into each others arms at the end off the day, and they can sell magazines to pay for their "H".

They didn't show the single user, who lies to his Wife, friends and family and doctors and pretty much live a single life lieing to everyone about what is really happening in your life, and where's all the money going from your well paid job. Its very sad.

I find it amazing that a drug can destroy people like this sooooo badly, I mean these people live like absolute shit. The look on the girls face when she's selling the magazines says it all to me, you can see the pain, sorrow and humiliation in her eyes but she presses on waiting for that next hit.

I guess it leads to the question:

How many people out there know someone that has kept their heroin use purely recreational? And for those that haven't, how long did it take before the recreational use became a habit?

The years I wasted on methadone and heroin addiction, OMG I look back now and in a way I wish I could have them back, but in other ways I'm glad I'm the wiser. These days I just work drink and dabble in weaker opiates and every time I try and do heroin I just OD or feel really seedy anyway.

I've never personally seen anything like this in australia. I once spent a colour 3 weeks living right in Kings Cross, but never really saw anything that bad, though I didn't really explore the back alleys that much. Is it that bad for people still in Australia. I know the amount of heroin in oz has dramaticaly reduced.

from working with people so identify that they are problematic drug users makes you look past the pure definitions of addiction.

its really interesting to explore when drugs become regular part of a persons life as either a coping or playing a funtional role and the points when life rewards no longer match that of the erwards from using substances.

as always its a lot more complicatred then the demon heroin story, its life and life experiences which directly influence a persons ability to become psychologically dependant on a drug

I recently watched this show, the version I found was:

National.Geographic.Afghan.Heroin.The.Lost.War.PDTV.XviD-FTP

Its the entire documentary and has a long duration. Some of what it outlines about Afghan cultural and religious clashes with the drug trade is interesting. For many it is something they fundamentally feel is wrong due to their religion but are forced to grow Poppies by circumstance.

If people are interested I could point them toward the entire documentary.

^^^madmick19

agreed. It wasn't until I hit the lowest of lowest with depression did I start to IV crystal meth. My older sister says to me that "anyone who sticks a needle in their arm is a junky fuck and she wouldn't give them the time of day. Typical social stereotyping. If only she knew the pain that it takes to do things the things we do, she wouldn't turn her back so easily........well I'd like to think.

mongman said:
I recently watched this show, the version I found was:

National.Geographic.Afghan.Heroin.The.Lost.War.PDTV.XviD-FTP

Its the entire documentary and has a long duration. Some of what it outlines about Afghan cultural and religious clashes with the drug trade is interesting. For many it is something they fundamentally feel is wrong due to their religion but are forced to grow Poppies by circumstance.

If people are interested I could point them toward the entire documentary.

Would certainly be interested, the usual sources don't seem to have it.

I'm not sure about the rules regarding publicly posting this type of stuff. Anyone interested please PM or reply to the thread.