Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Dxm

scantraxx

Bluelighter
hi, i went in the shop there other day and went to get some robitussin but couldnt find any with the right active ingredients. So i went on their site and all i can find, what i think is the only one that can be taken is the "Robitussin DX Dry Cough Forte" but i am not sure.

here is a link
http://www.robitussin.com.au/product_range2.html#prod1

here is a link to the rest of the product range
http://www.robitussin.com.au/product_range.html

once i get what i want, i want to extract the dxm, is this hard? or just time consuming?

What are the benefits of extracting DXM? Can't you just drink the syrup if that's all it contains? I honestly can't be fucked reading all that thread.

I've only done it twice and hated it....never again. Still, I'm curious.

Kompelz, I personally hate the taste of syrup, which is why I choose to extract it into powder. And while dxm may be the only active ingrediant, it's not unreasonable to think that some of the inactive ingredinats could fuck with your stomach. Storing powder is also much easier IMO
scantraxx, I use CVS brand tussin syrup(in a blue box) http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gatew...age=1&deptid=1&catid=15&subcatid=136&Brand=-1 It's the first one at the top of this page(I'm hope I'm allowed to post this)
And I know thats a lot to read guys but I really suggest you do if you plan on doing this extraction. Myself and a few others noticed some less than safe things in that process and have posted links which will be very helpful for doing this as safe as possible.

[Edit- Please read the guidelines.]

2. DONT request information on the availability OR pricing of street drugs, pharmaceuticals or anything else. lil angel15

Last edited by a moderator:
Any syrup containg dxm as it's only active ingrediant will be fine, but the CVS' brand has always just been the cheapest by my house, plus it's a block away which is always nice :)
Anyway have fun and please be safe, that process uses some caustic chemicals so if for any reason you think you screwed up please throw it away it's not worth it.

Not intending on doing this for a while yet, but soon hopefully, I'll defiantly post up what the results are though. might have a look in the chemists to see what i can get for cheap. cheers mate!

Cheers for the heads-up delta. :)

I scanned through some of the posts in that other thread, I may actually give this a try. Maybe a low dose mixed with an opiate could yield better results for me. Still, I'll have to watch out for res. depression.

^A low dose of dxm(~50mg) will generally potentiate an opiate high. However please be careful, if I'm not mistaken both dxm and opiates can depress respiration at high enough doses, and there might be a synergistic effect. But I'm not 100% on this though and a co-sign would be nice(or conversly if I'm wrong then please tell me).

^ I believe you are correct about the DXM increasing the depressing effects of other opiates.

Also if anyone decides to not bother extracting the DXM, be careful not to choose a sugar free product. The sweetener (aspartame?) will give you a very trippy night on the shitter.

^ When I tried DXM I did notice res. depression and obviously opiates cause it as well. However, I'm not too sure on synergistic effect that could dramatically increase it. I figure if I start at low doses of both and work my way up then I should be alright, I'll def do some research before hand though.

hey komp, for a little bit ive been using DXM with GFJ to potentiate my high. my literature on the topic is a bit rusty, but i do believe DXM actually potentiates an opiate high as opposed to having a good synergy with opiates. my internet is hella slow (capped) so i can't research right now.

anyways ive got a pretty good tolerance, and man does it work a treat. ive done dxm in the past but only bout three times all up, and that was ages ago, so i dont have a tolerance at all to it. anyways id take 100mgs and my GFJ an hour before i intend to dose. now at this dose id actually feel subtle effects of DXM about 20-30mins in.

after an hour id take my shit, and i swear when i was coming up i really thought i over did it. damn that shit hit hard. id always seperate my dose into two halves, in this case its 50mls of Riko/300mgs of codiene/half of my poppy seed tea. the only thing that makes this whole shebang unsafe is the fact that the yeild of my seeds vary from time to time!

anyways i came up worried as shit, but it passed and ended up taking my second half of my dose an hour later feeling great. you should try it out man, just start small!

just dont mix the shit with benadryl!

hitomaro said:
but i do believe DXM actually potentiates an opiate high as opposed to having a good synergy with opiates.
I meant they would synergize in a bad way, and compound the problem of depressed respiration.

hitomaro said:
after an hour id take my shit, and i swear when i was coming up i really thought i over did it. damn that shit hit hard. id always seperate my dose into two halves, in this case its 50mls of Riko/300mgs of codiene/half of my poppy seed tea. the only thing that makes this whole shebang unsafe is the fact that the yeild of my seeds vary from time to time!

anyways i came up worried as shit, but it passed and ended up taking my second half of my dose an hour later feeling great. you should try it out man, just start small!

lulz, I know what you mean about thinking the shit has hit way too hard, happened to me a few times with oxy as well.

I know a place I can get the Robo DX (blue packet one) pretty cheap, so I'll pick up a bottle on Monday and see how it goes--and mix with some GFJ with it for good measure. I figure I may throw in some promethazine about 30-45mins afterwards, considering I still have some laying around.

That's good advice for anyone wanting to try the DXM/opiate combo though, I'm looking forward to it now.:D

UPDATE: I got off uni early today, so I gave it a try. So far I've had grapefruit juice, about 100mgs of DXM (45mls of liquid) and some codeine (about 400mgs).

It's been about an hour since I ingested it and I gotta say, it seems pretty sweet. Just like a typical codeine high, only stronger. I think I can feel the DXM a little bit, although it might be placebo effect, not sure. Very pleasent and chilled out though.

what estimate percentage of dxm do you lose using the extraction method posted by delta 9? despite being really careful when separating the clear liquid from the red. the syrup upsets the stomach, must eat a big meal before consuming a bottle of dx to minimise the discomfort. will give the extraction method a try some time soon. also, does the high feel any different?

The nausea is probably from the DXM itself or from the sugars.

I looked up the contents of the bottle in case people are interested. It basically contains both natural and artificial sweeteners and also a preservative (big surprise, eh?).

The only issue I can see with drinking the liquid would be sodium benzoate. However, it is a common ingredient in foods, so it the chance of anything bad happening is slim. The rest of the shit is relatively harmless unless you're a diabetic.

Personally, I wouldn't bother extracting it, seeing as I don't use DXM often (not much at all really) and usually in smaller doses. It just seems like too much messing around for no real benefit. You really shouldn't be doing it more than once a week anyway to be honest.