PDA

View Full Version : Correct Needle Width & Syringe Size for Meth IV

Pages : [1] 2

Stimulantis
06-04-2008, 06:12
Hi all.

Was quickly wondering:

I've never Iv'ed anything before but would like to try injecting meth just this once.

My question is:

I've read a lot now on 'how to properly inject' and am confident but:

-What is the correct needle width & length, correct syringe size & length ect for injecting meth?

-Also, where can one acquire needles and syringes plus a tourniquet even if you have to pay for it?

I'm currently situated is Adelaide, South Australia by the way.

Any help would be really great.

Thank You.

DoctorShop
06-04-2008, 06:19
What you want are BD Ultra Fines. In Australia these are the standerd syringes you can buy over the counter. I have used them countless times to IV meth and heroin.

Stimulantis
06-04-2008, 06:30
Are those the types they sell for insulin injections?

The needles look so tiny, I thought they were designed for small skin penetration for diabetics, not for IV? but if you used them and they were fine then ok, thnx: >

Except, when you say over the counter, do you mean at any chemist? as I heard from one of girlfriends, most chemists do not sell or give out needles & syringes?

mepat1111
06-04-2008, 06:50
Some chemists sell IV kits specifically for drug users, you get 4 syringes, cottons, sterile water, swabs, and a sharps disposal container, they usually charge 2 bucks for it. If you search the internet you should also be able to find a local needle exchange where you can pick up everything you need for free, as well as some good advice if you ask. Also some states have vending machines that dispense the packs the same as the ones sold at the chemist - they're usually near a needle exchange.

If you really only want to try it 'just this once' then IVing is probably not for you, I have never met someone who has switched to using IV meth/smack after using it other ways and then changed back to their previous ingestion method - so don't kid yourself. Be careful, do lots of reading, and if at all possible, do it with someone who knows what they're doing.

Oh and yeah the BD ultrafines are 1cc/1ml syringes with a 27gauge needle, that's what you need, and I believe DoctorShop was correct in saying they're indentical to those used for inject insulin.

DoctorShop
06-04-2008, 06:56
Sorry I'm from Perth. It may be different in your state. Apologies. You may need to try a needle exchange program.

I know they look tiny. A 1ml insulin syringe will be fine though.

edit: here is a picture of a 'fitpack'. This would be ideal for you:

http://www.vendafit.com.au/images/fitpack%20mk2%20with%20contents.jpg

I'm__Broken__
06-04-2008, 07:04
but would like to try injecting meth just this once.

hmm.......once, ey?

If you enjoy meth at all I very much doubt this will be your last foray into the fun-filled world of the IV rush.
You need standard insulin syringes available from many pharmacies, I'm also in adelaide.
Anyway, ask for a "fitpack" at a reasonable sized pharmacy and they'll hook you up with whichever size packs they carry, i usually find 3 packs and 10 packs...should be some alcohol swabs and saline solution (sterile water) to use as well. They're not expensive.

It would also be a very good idea to have someone who knows what they're doing there as it seems easy as anything when you're reading the info but it can be harder sometimes when put into a practical sense.

PM me if ya need more details.

aushippy
06-04-2008, 07:25
Dam the fitpacks in Brissy don't have those cool spoons :(
The majority of pharmacies I've been to have sold sharps kits for about $5 for 5 Every major city would have some needle exchanges a fellow Adelaide IV user maybe able to help you there

Stimulantis
06-04-2008, 08:30
Thnx on all the responses so far guys, really appreciate it.:>
I guess I'll just have to try a few chemists and ask for a 'fit pack' + look up some needle exchange places.

Also, yes, I do understand the powerful potential of the so called 'Once you IV, you never go back' but I'm only going to live once, and this is a personal decision I guess. Knowing my self & ever since i first tried meth (around 1999) I use it maybe no more than Once every 3-5 months maximum and buy no more then a gram at a time.
I honestly do not see experimenting various methods of administration affecting the magnitude of consumption nor will it alter the frequency of substance required for my self.

Back on topic thou, in the "A safety Manual for Injection Drug Users" in .pdf document i got off this site, it stated that it is better to mix your meth with cleanest possible water ie: boiled for at least 10mins then cooled or bottled water instead of saline.

I'm sure many of you inject with saline anyway thou, I thought I'd just mention this point:>

Lastly, what about the tourniquet? I doubt you can pick one up at your local deli.......Where do you competent IV'ers get yours from?
I've seen a couple on ebay but have to be shipped from UK, hence a long wait.
Alice.

madmick19
06-04-2008, 08:34
Adelaide NSP's

at the royal adelaide hospital clinic 275 (http://www.stdservices.on.net/clinic275/services.htm)

Clean Needle Program (http://www.acsa.org.au/savive.html)SAVIVE is part of the state-wide Clean Needle Program (CNP). There are many outlets participating in the CNP, making sterile injecting equipment and health information available to injectors throughout South Australia. CNPs have been instrumental in containing the threat of a major HIV/AIDS epidemic in Australia and they continue to play an important role in preventing the further spread of hepatitis B and C. To find the nearest Clean Needle Program site phone the Alcohol and Drug Information Service on 1300 131 340 or refer to our Contact Us page

SAVIVE (South Australian Voice for IV Education)

Norwood Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8334 1699
Email: savive@savive.org.au
Open: 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday

The Parks Community Health Centre - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8243 5611
Open: 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday

Port Adelaide Community Health Centre - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8240 9611
Open: 9.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday (Closed from 12.30pm - 1pm)

Noarlunga Primary Health - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8384 9661
Open: 8.30am - 5pm Monday to Friday (Closed from 12.30pm - 1pm)

Second Story (CITY) - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8232 0233
Open: 11am - 5pm Monday to Thursday, 11am - 8pm Friday

Shopfront Youth Health Service (SALISBURY) - Clean Needle Program
Phone: (08) 8281 1775
Open: 10am-5pm Monday to Friday, 1pm - 5pm Wednesday

SA SIN (South Australian Sex Industry Network)
Phone: (08) 8334 1666
Email: info@sin.org.au
Web: www.sin.org.au

DoctorShop
06-04-2008, 08:35
You dont need a tourniquet.

Just pump your arm a few times to make your veins come up on your arm (you know the one I mean?) and then hold your arm against your side.

Does this make sense?

edit: nice work madmick.

aushippy
06-04-2008, 08:44
Yeh tourniquet isn't necessary if your veins are still virgins! Still having troubles? Try a hot shower get some blood flowing down your arms, a belt can be used as a tourniquet or take your tshirt off and wrap it around your arm tight and pull on it with your teeth. Your best tourniquet is a non-judgemental friend and always good to have someone with you when your having a whack

madmick19
06-04-2008, 08:47
I'm sure many of you inject with saline anyway thou, I thought I'd just mention this point:>

Lastly, what about the tourniquet? I doubt you can pick one up at your local deli.......Where do you competent IV'ers get yours from?

in my experience (work at a nsp organisation in canberra) alot of people do use the saline in the four or eight fitpaks (http://www.asphealthcare.com.au/products_kits.html) and do ask for a handful of salines containers if they are getting 25packs.

but if they dont haev saline ive heard of ppl using tapwater when desperate some dont even boil it some do in the kettle- which is really bad.

but if you must inject use the saline its got no bacteria in it from being irradiated.

as for cheap tourquinets they come in the four and eight fitpacks wel here in canb, the ones you are taking about is reuseable ones, be careful though if you start injecting with other ppl and they use your gear you can get BBV through micro spots of blood through sharing these.

if not try a medical school bookshop, or a tafe where nursing is taught there usually sold next to the stethescope an equiptment and are able to be autoclaved id you ever get the chance

NUAA's Guide to Tourquinets and safer injecting realy good resource (http://www.nuaa.org.au/nuaa/News/media/UN42/UN42_Tourniquets.pdf)

http://www.nuaa.org.au/nuaa/News/media/UN42/UN42_Tourniquets.pdf
if your really stuck after looking and contacting the above org........PM me and ill look into adelaide services that have the four and eight pack through the NSP here

chugs
06-04-2008, 10:27
Back on topic thou, in the "A safety Manual for Injection Drug Users" in .pdf document i got off this site, it stated that it is better to mix your meth with cleanest possible water ie: boiled for at least 10mins then cooled or bottled water instead of saline.

just a few other things on top of the clean water:

1. clean you hands
2. clean your hands again
3. clean the injection site
4. make sure your meth is clean (i.e. the dealer cleans there hands).
5. use your your needle once. Its really tempting to double use but just don't
6. don't share your spoon, or filter with anyone else.

I've seen a couple on ebay but have to be shipped from UK, hence a long wait.
Alice.

A piece of rubber, even a belt. When you inject keep the the tourniquet on. Once you've injected release the tourniquet and then remove the needle. Clean the injection site once again.

Yeh tourniquet isn't necessary if your veins are still virgins! Still having troubles? Try a hot shower get some blood flowing down your arms, a belt can be used as a tourniquet or take your tshirt off and wrap it around your arm tight and pull on it with your teeth. Your best tourniquet is a non-judgemental friend and always good to have someone with you when your having a whack

don't listen to aushippy.

A tourniquet is extremely useful in that it highlights the injecting site for you. What you don't want to do is dig around in there with your needle, looking for the vein, spearing it etc.

Want you want to do is be in quick and fast. No messing around, no scaring your vein and arm and no prolonging your exposure to infection.

DoctorShop
06-04-2008, 10:38
That's good advice. However I still don't think a tourniquet is entirely necessary. If you have deep veins, sure, use one. If you have prominent veins though why bother?

Stimulantis
06-04-2008, 12:19
Madmick - Thnx for all the necessary info, when I'm good and ready to go ahead, I will look into one or more of the places recommended.

Chugs, thnx for the extra hygiene points.
I've pretty much covered all the areas off 'clean as possible' from other IV manuals also.

As for the tourniquet, yes my veins are all clean and clear as I've never stuck needles into them plus they naturally do pop out to the surface easily, so maybe skipping the tourniquet if possible will be the way to go, otherwise something like a belt, condom ect should do, its just that I'll probably be doing it alone as its a personal thing and although this does not phase me at all, if I do end up using something to tie around, it should have a quick release knot made so i can release as soon as the needle has penetrated the vein.

Doing it all with one hand might be tricky, will have to learn to be flexible once the needle is in I'm guessing.

Quick other question -
All I'll ever be injecting is meth with saline or sterilized water, from what I read, I'm to understand you only need as much water to dissolve the meth.
So on a tablespoon for example, you could put in maybe 3 points or so then just make sure its all nicely dissolved allowing the needle to easily suck it up.
I also read that using a little more saline in the mix then necessary won't prove to be harmful.
If any one wants to add/correct the above, please do:>

This website has proven very reliable and I once again thank all those who came with help.
Alice.

DoctorShop
06-04-2008, 17:43
Stimulantis,

Normally I would just mix my gear up in the bag with about 40-50 units of water. Seeing as how its your first time...

I would sterilise a spoon with one of the wipes you get from the fitpack. For .1g like I said above, I would use around 40-50 units. Some people may suggest you use far less then that: between 10-30 units. I don't like to use such a small amount but each to their own. In your case for around .3g I would use around 50-60 units.

Please bear in mind that the above information is just my personal experience in shooting meth. Be safe and have fun :)

Stimulantis
06-04-2008, 18:42
So what is the conversion rate of "units" ? 10 units of water = ? 1ml, 10 drops?

DoctorShop
06-04-2008, 18:59
Sorry.

100 units = 1ml.

madmick19
07-04-2008, 01:43
if your going to start injecting, how are you going to make sure that it doesnt become problematic drug use btw, do you have signs for when enoughs enough??.

is your health good?? and do you have any problems saying no or putting things off or into perspective while high??

according to Alex Wodak, smoking gives a higher concentration in the brain compared to injecting at the elbow joint.

is the rush worth chasing, or is the journey enough by itself im happy with the journey

i know these are the questions i ask myself to put it in perspective :)

Stimulantis
07-04-2008, 04:05
Ok so 50-60 units, I'm assuming you'd use another syringe to measure .6 of 1ml yes?

madmick19, those are indeed some good points, have you ever injected?
My health is good, i exercise regularly and eat well.
I suppose i just want to try it, as normally i eat the stuff or snort it.

I won't be snorting anything anymore as after my last snort something has happened to my sinuses. I Don't know what it is but it feels like damage.

Every now and then i get stuck with this funny smell which i can't explain, at first I swore it was coming from my body or the house but now I know it doesn't, It's my sinuses playing tricks on me (I know it sounds weird but these strange smells coming from inside my nose drive me insane) To this day this hasn't left me alone.
I also notice i get a blocked nose for a long long time after a cold which shouldn't happen, not that long anyway (up to 4 weeks!)

As for smoking, I heard ice is best to smoke, I only know 1 person that can get me stuff and its always meth, nothing else, sometimes its decent, sometimes its not even that good:/ so I was never going to bother with smoking it.

Who here actually smokes normal meth? Is still good? Does it damage your lungs worse then cigarettes & weed?

So lastly comes IV, as opposed to eating it which takes a long time to kick in and you loose some of the effects, I really wanted to experience that rush I guess.
Like I said before thou, it wont affect the amount or frequency of administration.
I can not become a junkie, its not like me.

madmick19
07-04-2008, 05:28
well if you have some really good ways of making sure your use doesnt become problematic then you are on a path with will asfeguard you health a little more.

as for becomming a junkie... im not sure anyone does at the beginning,

if your drug use has become a regular part of coping through times of high stress i would be very wary of starting on needles

EmuBitter
07-04-2008, 06:30

Yeh i wouldnt use bottled water for injections, if by bottled water you mean the shit you buy at the supermarket for drinking. If your gonna buy bottled water for injecting buy distilled water i think it would be safer. or do the boiling for 10 mins trick.

also i found iv meth 1000 times more intense than snorting or eating so get ready for the rush ya know.

Stimulantis
07-04-2008, 08:37
if your drug use has become a regular part of coping through times of high stress i would be very wary of starting on needles

I would more say I have an addiction to Tramadol when it comes to coping with occasional depression & tougher times.

Tramadol is like a wonder drug to me, it seems to act as a mood lifter & a pain killer. (Which by the way I suffer from back damage & hence have been on prescribed analgesics such as opiates and others for some time now)
Like all drugs however, Tramadol does too have its side effects (mainly upset stomach after prolonged continuous use) and therefore taking breaks from it, is mandatory.

As for Methamphetamine, to me is more like a "novelty drug" if that makes sense.
Something you enjoy in small spurs with as long breaks in between as possible.
(For me thats around 4-5 months)

EmuBitter:

Just out of curiosity, what would be you average dosage per 1 hit?
How much meth would you mix with water? (I understand if you do not wish to disclose)
You say you found iv meth 1000 times more of a rush then snorting or eating.
1000 x the original feeling is a bit intense, hope you were kiddingly exaggerating.

I know that sometimes when the gear I acquire is really potent, i can dip in with the end of a knife and maybe eat 3-4 points worth and I am absolutely overtaken by the drug, peaking for hours.
I couldn't even imagine intensifying that feeling by 10 times, little alone 1000 lol, I would be in an ambulance being pumped from a cardiac arrest.

I know some people are at a state where they are injecting up to 2 grams of un-cut meth per hit, more then once every 2-3 days & tweaking on days.
That to me is outrageous.

Although I'm not completely new to meth, I think for IV'ing being a first time, 2 points (if the gear is descent) or maybe 3 (if gear isn't all that great to my personal judgment) should be sufficient. (0.2/0.3 of a gram)

As for the bottled water, I would of thought it would be well purified but after all, no one can see and knows for sure the filtering process so I would agree to go with saline or the "boil water for at least 10mins then mix on sterilized spoon" method.

EmuBitter
07-04-2008, 09:54
ive only injected it once and have no plans to inject meth again, it was more of a one off experience to see what it was like. so i waited till i got good quality crystal and then tried it.

yeh 1000x as intense is an exaggeration, but it felt like it at the time, just coz it hits so quick.

when i did it i coudnt stop fiddling with stuff, felt great etc the usual meth feelings but going from sober to peaking so quickly was the main difference. even smoking didnt compare imo, cause its impossible to smoke that amount in 10 seconds.

also i should add that if i ever did meth again the other methods of administation wouldnt even cross my mind, ya know so be careful if you like the stuff.

bottled water isnt sterilised as far as i know, so could possibly contain bacteria etc.

madmick19
07-04-2008, 11:13
I would more say I have an addiction to Tramadol when it comes to coping with occasional depression & tougher times.

hmmmm.................. i did mean any drug by the way, from my perspective that would put you in the higher risk cat of having it become problematic.

if your going to IV start with .1, you can always increment at time intervals, make sure someone you know actually knows what you are doing incase you have problems and.......

if you miss the vein first go or second: the drug is still in your body it just didnt hit the mark, you also have to account for that :)

ahhhhhh.............sometimes being informed is hard work ;)

Stimulantis
07-04-2008, 12:26
if you miss the vein first go or second: the drug is still in your body it just didnt hit the mark, you also have to account for that :)

Meaning it will stay between the skin tissue and slowly absorb too?
This can have potential problems can't it. Has it ever happened to you?

I do have larger veins and with a correct needle I'm sure I won't miss.

madmick19
07-04-2008, 12:32
This can have potential problems can't it.

yep that right, it gets still gets absorbed, if it happens people i know tend to errr on the side of caution and wait it out for a while or call it a day at that.

even the most experienced iv users occasionally have a vein that rolls away from the needle or can punch right through it.

sometimes it can become an abscess and get infected, even just IVing normally can potentially become infected as your breaching the protection of the bodies closed system- have to keep an eye on this too incase it gets infected

might be worthwhile taking a leaf out of the above paragraph and err if you miss ???

Info from UK (http://www.addaction.org.uk/Safer_inject_AW5.pdf)

fitzroy legal service booklet on health while injecting (http://www.fitzroy-legal.org.au/files/services%20directory%202007/Ch2-TakingCareofYourself.pdf)

An abscess is a local infection. If left untreated it can develop into septicaemia (or blood
poisoning), which will affect your entire bloodstream. Once in the bloodstream, the bacteria
can multiply rapidly, spread around the body and attack any organ. If septicaemia is not
treated urgently, it can be fatal. Septicaemia, like an abscess, is treated with antibiotics,
which are often given intravenously for a period of weeks. Symptoms of septicaemia can
include high fevers, rashes, chills, severe shivering, loss of consciousness, restlessness,
delirium and exhaustion.

from the last link

Just found this website by AIVL tonight, usually their stuff is a pretty good source of info

www.wizzwize.com.au

Missed hit (http://www.saferinjecting.net/injecting-missed-hits.htm)

power point presentation for workers on safer injecting from the states (http://www.metrokc.gov/health/apu/harmred/veincare/veincare.ppt)

BL's Amphetamine FAQ (http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=197113)

as like everything BL its bloody huge and has heaps of hyperlinks

Something also important now i realised what you wrote before if yu have depression and take SSRI's that another increased risk, Crystal methamphetamine doesnt just work on dopamine receptors but a range of the transmitters, some of which different anti depressants work on.

good rule of thumb

depression + drugs usually = bad karma, better off getting the body and mind as close as possible to right ...........before whipping it ;)

I'm__Broken__
07-04-2008, 16:25
if your going to IV start with .1, you can always increment at time intervals

Good advice, the rush is an amazing feeling but overdo it and you might find it a bit uncomfortable, to the point of feeling like your lungs are really tight and it's hard to breathe...even if it's not GREAT gear, one point should still give you a nice big kick if it's your first IV (provided you haven't eaten or smoked any more meth in the previous 12 hours or so)....I remember my ex giving me my first shot of just a point (of quite good meth, mind you) and for a brief scond I though my head was going to explode...

It was fucking fantastic!!

Stimulantis
07-04-2008, 19:16
It was fucking fantastic!!

I shall try 1 point to begin with then: >
And for 1 point 20-30 units of water sounds reasonable.....

Thought I'd also mention another fact from a "Safe Injection Guide" - "The more saline mixed with the drug, the less vein damage"

To be honest, all that concerns me now is getting the right amount of water.
I don't think this will be too problematic though.

madmick19 - I don't suffer from clinical or serious depression. I've never been on SSIR's or any other anti-depressants. I just meant the usual ups and downs in life:>

GlassAss420
08-04-2008, 06:32
"Also, yes, I do understand the powerful potential of the so called 'Once you IV, you never go back' but I'm only going to live once, and this is a personal decision I guess. Knowing my self & ever since i first tried meth (around 1999) I use it maybe no more than Once every 3-5 months maximum and buy no more then a gram at a time.
I honestly do not see experimenting various methods of administration affecting the magnitude of consumption nor will it alter the frequency of substance required for my self. "

Hhaha sounds like my casual use of heroin when I was still snorting it.. up untill I started shooting and doing it every day.

rogan
08-04-2008, 08:09
If its real good quality even a point may be too much, after we had been through a g of what I would call A grade we got another g from a diff source and one point of that gave a rush so hard it caused nystagmus, flickering vision etc. Heaven for those used to it but I imagine it would be pretty full on for a first timer.

Be careful man, once you've done it its gonna be real hard to go back to smoking/snorting.

Thought I'd also mention another fact from a "Safe Injection Guide" - "The more saline mixed with the drug, the less vein damage
Are the little bottles you get from the needle exchange distilled water or a sterile saline solution?

madmick19
08-04-2008, 13:29
Are the little bottles you get from the needle exchange distilled water or a sterile saline solution?

yes they are sterilized saline mix same grade as hospitals as far as i know with our kits

.3 - .5 of saline in a insulin syringe to mix a point up is what is commonly used by the clients i have talked to

ayjay
08-04-2008, 13:46
^ Sterile water OK too - the ampoules are marked "sterile water for injection"... good enough eh?

And yeah I'd go for way less than a point for first go - you can always have a second shot to top up if you don't get enough the first time. Chop out a small line and try that much first up.

If you're concerned about injection technique - no harm having a practice run first with just water.

I'm__Broken__
08-04-2008, 14:26
I shall try 1 point to begin with then: >
And for 1 point 20-30 units of water sounds reasonable.....

30 units would be a good amount, i think. The more diluted the solution, the less vein irritation it will cause, but i think with one point anything beyond 30 units isn't going to make a huge difference (mind you, that's an assumption of sorts).
Bear in mind that if you use too much water, the plunger will be sticking out of the syringe quite far and will be very cumbersome to operate, especially for your first blast.

I think the more dilution = better theory really comes into play when you have people mixing up half gram shots into 20 units of water to get something resembling chicken soup.

By the way, it's very heartening to see someone researching this so thoroughly instead of being impulsive and not bothering to educate themselves....
Adelaide represent!!

EmuBitter
08-04-2008, 19:09
^good tips mate. 30 units is that 3mls of water? if it is those 1ml syringes wont hold that much water. i think a point will disolve in 10 units of water quite easily (if 10 units = 1ml ofcoarse).

Stimulantis
08-04-2008, 20:32
I'd go for way less than a point for first go - you can always have a second shot to top up if you don't get enough the first time. Chop out a small line and try that much first up.

Point taken, thanks.

By the way, it's very heartening to see someone researching this so thoroughly instead of being impulsive and not bothering to educate themselves...

Equipping your self with adequate knowledge on injecting a foreign substance with various mixed chemicals directly into your bloodstream is something anyone should investigate 100% no doubt about that:>

EmuBitter:
100 units = 1ml from what others have said.
The easiest way of achieving accurate "meth to water ratio" would be to use another sterile syringe to deliver the required water/saline.

I'm__Broken__
09-04-2008, 04:33
^good tips mate. 30 units is that 3mls of water? if it is those 1ml syringes wont hold that much water. i think a point will disolve in 10 units of water quite easily (if 10 units = 1ml ofcoarse).

Emu Bitter!! I haven't drunk that for a while, fond memories of a few hazy afternoons....a guy in a pub i used to work in used to love it, was always shouting me a few....
1 unit = 0.01 ml
Your standard insulin syringe contains 100 units, or 1 ml....they do come in 0.5ml size as well, haven't really seen any other sizes as far as insulin syringes go. But you wouldn't ever be needing to inject any more than 100 units of insulin, not even close...

EmuBitter
09-04-2008, 05:12
^thanks for clearing that up for me. ahhah good to see another person whos let EmuBitter beer have its way with them

baileylsd
09-04-2008, 18:08
Not sure if they have it in SA but u can call the needle exchange and they deliver fits, pretty much as many as u want. Enjoy the metalic taste :)

DoctorShop
09-04-2008, 18:34
Hey Stimulantis any updates on how you went with this? Assuming you have.

Interested in your opinion of the experience.

Stimulantis
10-04-2008, 06:03
Hey Stimulantis any updates on how you went with this? Assuming you have.
Interested in your opinion of the experience.

I'm still waiting for a response from the person getting me the stuff, apparently he can't get a hold of him so no gear :/
Might even turn out that I won't get hooked up at all as I'm not not a regular user hence have no solid contacts. And all that hype about the 'amazing rush' "Sigh"

Oh well, at least I have learned a lot within the past week thanks to BL!

If it does happen, i will be sure to post my experience, that is for sure, maybe even straight after I blasted?? That'd be interesting.

madmick19
10-04-2008, 15:01
how bout you write you experience first then post after, once youve had some time to reflect upon it, say a good few days once your back to baseline life.....

thayt would be more appreciated

speedygonzales
11-04-2008, 07:38
I have never met someone who has switched to using IV meth/smack after using it other ways and then changed back to their previous ingestion method - so don't kid yourself. .
WELL i AM A PERSON WHO USE TO SMOKE METH THEN STARTED TO IV BUT NOW I'M BACK TO SMOKING

Stimulantis
11-04-2008, 12:18
how bout you write you experience first then post after, once youve had some time to reflect upon it, say a good few days once your back to baseline life.....

thayt would be more appreciated

I see what you're trying to say, as to rate the experience erowid.org style;
Positive
Neutral
Negative

That way the 'unfortunate & ugly side/comedown" of most drugs especially stimulants could be included in the experience.

Thats a very good point as it would reflect 'the whole package' of a decision to administer a drug.

Will do.
Alice.

johnnyonelove
11-04-2008, 16:05
WELL i AM A PERSON WHO USE TO SMOKE METH THEN STARTED TO IV BUT NOW I'M BACK TO SMOKING

yep, seconded here. iv is fun and all, but i can't escape the fact that it street shite. smoking is now my preferred method, and iv for the odd occasion.

dYsFunktnl
12-04-2008, 13:52
its only good the 1st time anyway. so give it ago if it interests you that much...

madmick19
13-04-2008, 13:33
just a reminder that this is a safer injecting thread so can we make sure this thread stays on topic

cheers.....................

Stimulantis
14-04-2008, 07:57
just a reminder that this is a safer injecting thread so can we make sure this thread stays on topic

cheers.....................

The other day (think it was yesterday) I quickly checked this thread and didn't even get to begin reading as I had to leave but someone posted a large post and now its disappeared. Was it deleted as it was off-topic?

Thnx.

madmick19
15-04-2008, 15:31
sorry it was off topic, i have asked the poster that if she really wants to share that with you it can be done in PM

MR Candyslut
16-04-2008, 08:47
This can have potential problems can't it. Has it ever happened to you?

In terms of hitting the vein though - it is not just about needle size. As i think you mentioned it also depends on angle of entry, how far in you are etc so just keep that in mind. There is no 'set' measurement but when i used to IV meth the Terumo 1ml 27 or 29 G always worked nicely. I am fairly sure they are the standard 2 most needle exchanges have anyway.

Given that it is a harm minimisation forum, I thought I would point out that is important to NOT skin pop meth. I am not necessarily directing that at you, but often people don't realise there is any difference between IM'ing meth versus another substance. Due to all the cut that is most often in amphetamines (and the extended time it takes for things to be absorbed via the IM method) it can lead to nasty abscess or increased levels of infection. If you are having issues hitting a vein and you do inadvertently go into tissue pull out straight away - don't be a junkie and keep going!

I did it once and i seriously had this huge telltale bump/bruise. Ewww.:\