Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Meth + crack - Experienced - Crack the Ice: Meth and Crack over two weekends

_eieio

Bluelighter
This is now my second weekend of "experimenting" with doing both crack and meth.

I'm currently a regular crack user, and have been for about six months. I'm a former (many years ago) meth addict. Now I generally only do meth once a year. Not by design, it just tends to be a year between times when I luck out into getting my hands on some meth.

Here's what I've observed about the combo:

Weekend One: Crack first, then meth

When I first got my hands on the crystal, I told myself I should wait until post-rock to fire it up. But my eagerness got the best of me. After about an hour on the rock, I smoked a decent sized puddle...

And... nothing. Nothing noticable, anyway. I was actually pretty choked at myself for wasting that wonderful initial rush of a lungful of meth by using it to chase several lungfuls of crack.

Weekend One: Meth first, pause, then crack

Day two of the weekend, I stayed awake with the jib until it was gone... then maintained my awakeness with blasts of crack. This, I found, was actually pretty satisfying. Though I wasn't feeling "high" from the meth anymore, I most likely had that long residual afterglow going... and that seemed to soften the eventual crash between my crack doses. All in all, it was a very cheerful and fun high... I wasn't nearly as twitchy and sketchy as I should have been at this point (going on 36 hours awake).

Weekend two: Meth first, immediately followed by crack

Just did this about an hour ago. What a rush. I nearly puked, though that might also be due to the crack being "home made"... I always wash it repeatedly so the base gets super concentrated.

Weekend One: Epilogue

Kind of by accident, I wound up pushing my "60 hour barrier" (click for my post explaining what that means).

Because my intense curiosity is only balanced by my utter stupidity, I decided to push this as far as possible with frequent redosing of crack. By 72 hours, my auditory and visual hallucinations were coming so frequently that my world was more make-believe than real. I even got to the point where I literally felt like my skin was covered in crawling insects, though I didn't actually get any insect-related visuals.

This was followed by only four hours of sleep, and then off to work Monday morning. The day went remarkably well, all things considered.

Conclusion

Clearly the meth will last MUCH longer in your system than crack will. However, if you're a fan of that initial euphoric rush from meth, make sure your system is relatively crack-free prior to your puddle.

Additional Observation

Saturday night, my roommates came home drunk and proceeded to snort enough blow to sober them up and then get coked the hell out.

My observation: when I'm on a nice, clean, "honeymoon phase" meth high... cokeheads are FUCKING ANNOYING. But I also found myself feeling sort of condescending towards them... "they can't help it... they're just cokeheads".

My meth-self can be a real dick sometimes.
substancecode_crack
substancecode_cocaine
substancecode_meth
substancecode_methamphetamine
substancecode_amphetamines
_combo_

methodcode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I don't have to tell you how very unhealthy those types of binges are on you? :/

Take care of yourself,
samadhi

samadhi_smiles said:
I suppose I don't have to tell you how very unhealthy those types of binges are on you? :/

You really really don't. However, any comments I might have on my motivations or general lack of concern for my health are better suited to TDS than here...

So... I'll just say that I genuinely appreciate your concern and leave it at that.

I've never been one to view stimulants (ab)users in any kind of favorable light- just from issues with family, friends + any form of powerful stimulants. But I do have to say I understand entirely your fascination and drive to see how far you can push it- you seem to be an intelligent individual who is fully aware of the possible consequences of these kinds of behaviors. While I would never encourage another experiment or report because of the inherent harm that goes with being able to receive them, if another should make it's way here, I know that I for one will enjoy it just as much as this one (I also loved your post about the 60-hour mark- I understood exactly what you were trying to convey).

nikol said:
While I would never encourage another experiment or report because of the inherent harm that goes with being able to receive them, if another should make it's way here, I know that I for one will enjoy it just as much as this one (I also loved your post about the 60-hour mark- I understood exactly what you were trying to convey).

To be fair, this "experiment" was not planned at the outset for the purposes of reporting on it. It was just one of those random connections where, midway though the weekend, I remembered seeing a post asking about the coke+meth combination. I figured that since I'd already gone ahead and put myself in harm's way, the least I could do was record my experience and share it with the group.

There's no way I would make a logical, clinical decision to combine high doses of two incredibly powerful stimulants simply to prove a point or create some research. There is no "safer" way to mix this cocktail, and what I did is the absolute antithesis of harm reduction.

The initial impulse and drive to do the stupid thing was a product of a fairly powerful cache of highly illogical, irrational, self-destructive tendencies that exist inside of me. Once locked into the irrational course, however, my intellect will generally kick back in and start, at the very least, to catalog the experiences and take note of any insights that might present themselves.

It's one hell of a way to run a life, I'll tell you. But at least I can sometimes glean a nugget of knowledge or two along the way that can at least partially justify the often scary path I find myself on...

"It might just be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others."

If, by doing something stupid, I can maybe prevent someone else from doing it to themselves... then the net result is still basically positive, right?

Now, with all that self-indulgent navel gazing out of the way...

nikol said:
if another should make it's way here, I know that I for one will enjoy it just as much as this one (I also loved your post about the 60-hour mark- I understood exactly what you were trying to convey).

That's really sweet of you to say so. I appreciate it :)

Maybe once in a while I'll find the gumption to write something equally engaging that's NOT about depressing drug-use spirals ;)

I am also an occasional meth user, and the only drug I've found that it mixes well is E. But since I've never tried crack and don't plan to, it was interesting to read about how that went...

drinking alcohol and smokin meth used to be my favorite combo. that shit was quick to sober me up and i could drink for days without sleepin. now ill probably do it 1 or 2wice a year....

I guess I was just trying to say that if there is going to be someone out there doing these kinds of things, at least it's someone who has as much control of the situation as you [seem] to. You're not so much a warning, you are the experience so that others don't have to be, if that makes any sense.

But yes, again. Kudos.

Worrying to see there's no activity from this person since July. I hope that's just because he/she became a monk or something positive.

Goddamn crack and meth. Thankfully I know enough about these insidious drugs and their mechanisms to give them a miss.

These are probably the only two drugs I would say should always remain illegal. Even (clean) heroin has a place before these monsters. There's no such things as clean heroin of course, so I'd suggest you give that a miss too.

In fact, nah, better call that one off also but it makes crack and meth look like ginger beer, man.

There's plenty of other great drugs out there.

I wish this person luck, hope it all worked out.

Iv heard that with meth you have to slam it to get a rush anywhere near the power of crack.

either way, thats way to hardcore for me.
Kudos!

I just have to pause and say somebody probably hasn't been exposed to better drugs out there if they are wasting their weekend high on meth and crack.

LSD, DMT, psilocybin, 2CB, AMT, marijuana, ketamine...these are much better (objectively not speaking from a personal bias) drugs to use than methamphetamine or crack cocaine.

Gaian Planes said:
I just have to pause and say somebody probably hasn't been exposed to better drugs out there if they are wasting their weekend high on meth and crack.

LSD, DMT, psilocybin, 2CB, AMT, marijuana, ketamine...these are much better (objectively not speaking from a personal bias) drugs to use than methamphetamine or crack cocaine.

not everyone likes psychedelics. And I kinda doubt you've ever smoked/shot coke so you wouldn't know. I remember you did have a stint with dexro amphetamine so I imagine you know the appeal of meth.

I have been exposed to Huge quantities of everything you mentioned and I still find crack to be enjoyable. these days I would much rather shoot an opiate then drop blotter. Don't be so quick to judge people just because you think what you are using/abusing is more righteous. Iv said it again and you brought it to my attention that I was just "forcing" my own experience on to others but I will bring it up because you have done the same.

your abuse (yes, its abuse) of psychedelics is the same as this persons abuse of stimulants. the only difference is you hide behind a "therapeutic" "spiritual" wall of delusion. but bottom line is both of you have chosen to spend the weekend on a mind altering substance.

Now if you get feelings hurt by this, then you can fix that by either not posting how often you trip or simply lying about it so I wont form my opinion. I still like you so I really hope that you don't take this to heart but you sound like you have a chip on your shoulder or something when you are still a drug user, just one with a different drug of choice.

so quick we are to judge others without ever looking at our selves.

Last edited:
Why would one hide behind therapeutic or spiritual motivations in terms of drugs and altered states? Is it not fair to say you _might_ learn something about yourself or your world through psychedelics whereas the meth/crack/scag way is more likely to see you sucking some old bloke off behind bargain booze for your next fix.

It's not judgmentalism, it's simple analysis of potential harm vs potential buzz.

Max Lawless said:
Worrying to see there's no activity from this person since July. I hope that's just because he/she became a monk or something positive.

Goddamn crack and meth. Thankfully I know enough about these insidious drugs and their mechanisms to give them a miss.

These are probably the only two drugs I would say should always remain illegal. Even (clean) heroin has a place before these monsters. There's no such things as clean heroin of course, so I'd suggest you give that a miss too.

In fact, nah, better call that one off also but it makes crack and meth look like ginger beer, man.

There's plenty of other great drugs out there.

I wish this person luck, hope it all worked out.

Agreed. Except that ginger beer is no laughing matter; that shit burns.

None of us know each other but I thought I'd respond to this. _eieio, a was long time friend of many and a very good friend of mine who passed away a few days after his last post to Bluelight for reasons unknown to most of us. Suicide is what is being told to most, but after reading his catalogue of posts here, perhaps he decided to discontinue what was hurting him over getting help. After all, if one is chasing the ultimate high, why bother hitting rock bottom when reality is the opposite truth.

Anyway, believe me if you wish. Discredit it if you want to but the info is here:

http://guysmiley.ca/

Later.