Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

rate it

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/1star.gif[/img]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/2stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

Forbosis.

Bluelighter
Does anyone remember this movie?
And I'm talking about the original here.

I'm sitting here listening to the soundtrack and Pure Imagination came on and it's freaking amazing!

Ahhh...the memories.

^ agreed.

there's a newish dvd version with a great making-of feature which includes a heart-warming tale of who the last line of the movie came to be.

this is one of those movies they should just never have remade.

alasdair

ironically, this superb piece of art sprouted from some boardroom where the daughter of a confectionary executive suggested the book to her dad, who put the wheels in motion to make a movie TO SELL CHOCOLATES!

"We are the musicmakers. And we are the dreamers of dreams."

Classic film. Although the original wins hands down, I actually liked Burton's remake pretty well. Danny Elfman's songs were great and the whole thing is soooo trippy!

But the Gene Wilder version kicks ass. There's some Marilyn Manson song that has the freaky monologue Wonka delivers when they're in the boat on the chocolate river.

L2R said:
ironically, this superb piece of art sprouted from some boardroom where the daughter of a confectionary executive suggested the book to her dad, who put the wheels in motion to make a movie TO SELL CHOCOLATES!
that doesn't seem right. roald dahl was the genius behind james and the giant peach, and a few other gems....wouldn't see him as writing a book with that sort of motivation. got a link?!

not mr dahl, the makers of the film, is who i was referring to. read what i said again. the daughter referred the already published dalh book to her daddy, who then decided to make a film about it, changing the name so that his brand of "wonka" chocolate could sell.

there's no earthly way of knowing
of which direction we are going
there's no knowing where we're rowing
or which way the river's flowing
is it raining? is it snowing?
does a hurricane a blowing?
no a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing
are the fire of hell a glowing ?
and the grisly reaper mowing?
yes! yes! the danger must be growing
for the rowers keep on rowing
and they're certainly not showing
any signs that they are slowing!

ah i getcha, when you said the daughter suggested the book, i thought you meant suggested the idea of the book to her father. it is said that dahl disowned the film. not surprised if that is the case! i would be irate if a creation of mine was taken advantage of in that way.

either way, still a great movie!!

The idea for adapting the book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory into a film came about when director Mel Stuart's 10-year-old daughter read the book and asked her father to make the movie version, and get "Uncle Dave" (producer David L. Wolper) to produce it. Stuart showed the book to Wolper, who happened to be in the midst of talks with the Quaker Oats Company regarding a vehicle to introduce a new candy bar. Wolper convinced the company, who had no previous experience in the film industry, to buy the rights to the book and finance the film for the purpose of promoting a new Quaker Oats Wonka Bar.[1]
wiki

L2R said:
there's no earthly way of knowing
of which direction we are going
there's no knowing where we're rowing
or which way the river's flowing
is it raining? is it snowing?
does a hurricane a blowing?
no a speck of light is showing
so the danger must be growing
are the fire of hell a glowing ?
and the grisly reaper mowing?
yes! yes! the danger must be growing
for the rowers keep on rowing
and they're certainly not showing
any signs that they are slowing!

That's it! That's the poem that Marilyn Manson made a song of. Anyone know what song that is?

This is Roald Dahl's hot granddaughter...

sophie-dahl-harry-potter-and-the-or.jpg

An all time classic that has a wild imagination, and a big heart. I remember seeing this as a kid, and while it feels dated at parts, it's a great movie that pulls you in and makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside.

:)

I love this one (just saw it again last night!) but I also , unabashedly, adore Burton's version. It's like asking me to choose between Kubrick or Lyne's Lolita...I just CANT because I love both! Wahhh! :! :D

alasdairm said:
^ agreed.

this is one of those movies they should just never have remade.

alasdair

I disagree. :p
Nothing is lost by having remade it. Both are good. Many generations can enjoy both, without either lessening the impact or entertainment value of either movie.
I love Burton's as much, if not even more than the original.

But thats just me.

mariacallas said:
I disagree. :p
Nothing is lost by having remade it. Both are good. Many generations can enjoy both, without either lessening the impact or entertainment value of either movie.
I love Burton's as much, if not even more than the original.

But thats just me.
I agree. I watched this last night and I actually found myself resisting the temptation to compare it to the original.

Depp actually worked quite well (I love his accent in the film), although the musical aspects didn't quite work for me.