Info Donations Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheLoveBandit said:
I wanted to bump this again, primarily to thank everyone who has donated, and give a reminder to the US members who might be able to spare a little of their IRS returns ;) But I'll also point out that we're not done with ideas, and we appreciate those offered to date. We hope to have a US postal address shortly for those wishing to snail mail in their contributions and will update the DONATE page accordingly. That's not the only thing still being worked on and pulled forward, but I think it's the closest to fruition...we'll keep you posted. Again, thanks for keeping afloat the site that YOU make happen. :)

^^For those that wish to mail it in and can wait for a US destination (probably ready next week). For those that can't wait, or expect this to fall to BL time (taking foreveh), try this from the donate page:

If you would like to make a donation, but are unable to do so using the online (Paypal) method or direct bank deposit method, we will accept your money order by mail. Please mail to:

Enlighten Harm Reduction
PO Box 410
Flinders Lane Post Office
Melbourne 8009
Australia

^^^ You might want to add that non-AUS residents will have to buy an International Money Order to send payments to this address. :)

When I get paid on Thursday and have paid my bills etc, I will donate whatever I can to BL.

In fact, expect a fortnightly donation from me, starting from the 15th of May :)

I have been using BL since 2003 (even though my join date suggests otherwise). I can't imagine surfing the web without having a few tabs dedicated to BL ;)

I love this site and never want it too disappear.

I'll be donating next month. I wish I could have donated earlier, but better late than never. :)

Donation

Posted on behalf of someone not seeking recognition, but wanting to give back and encourage others to do the same.

Having just donated, I would like to see anyone who an spare even a small amount to help keep this invaluable resource running. I know there are considerable costs maintaining a site like this, and personally I feel it is worth helping in even a small way as this site deserves to succeed.

The admins and mods put a lot of effort into running a great forum and advice/information resource. Let's show our appreciation.

donations

i think this website is great just as many others have said. i will donate as soon as i have the capability to. at the time i am in between jobs and i have no credit card. as soon as i can i will donate for the benefit of bluelight

I dont use credit cards.
But if you want a donation open an e-gold, pecunix or liberty reserve account and I'll donate on ma monthly basis depending on certain factors

Anymore thought on e-gold, or liberty reserve?

I think your donations will go up a bit higher.. There people that make money alternative ways here and they'd love to keep the site going. And even if they were a regular joe, Paypal isn't exactly anonymous.

I'd be putting 5% of my income into it if so, something to think about.

Welll, billabongor2, they are decent suggestions and by no means are we wanting to turn down donations but we are still getting up to speed on what options we have available. Right now, Paypal was already set up to handle donations through our sister site Pillreports.com and our owner's other similar site of enlighten.org - so we naturally just grabbed that for our use just to get us up and going.

Would we expand to e-gold or liberty reserve or any other money services? Possibly, but not definitely. We need to get our current ideas in place first, then we can explore which of those make sense for us and our members (we recognize their anonymity is critical to them). But for now, what we have in place is what we have. If someone isn't comfortable submitting donations through the many ways we've outlined in our donations page, then they can wait a bit until we get other avenues opened up. Suggestions like yours are welcome, but to be honest we won't be able to act on those for several more months at the soonest (the admin are also dealing with a site upgrade, so our time is kind of split right now).

Funding is paramount, and we've added the 'donation bar' to indicate how we are doing, but even that is manually updated right now when we get word back from the owner periodically on how much has been received - not ideal, but better than where we were. Likewise, we'd promised a US located PO Box for snail mail donations (hell, you could send an anonymous money order that way) but even that won't be ready until sometime next month...but we're working on it. :)

I'm sure someone has probably asked this, but what's the score with the benefactor? I thought bluelight was in his will. Has that fell through completely?

Yes, we are out and on our own. His family didn't particularly like his pet projects (like this one) so even if we were in his will, they most likely found a way to keep us out. So yes, we're solely dependent upon the members for donations at this point.

iDEAL banking

I want to make a small donation, but the extra costs of transferring money from the Netherlands to Australia are too much (€15 I read on my online banking site) :(

Maybe you can add iDEAL banking, it is a great online payment system for people living in the Euro Zone.
I have registered a PayPal account, but still have to wait for some validation (?) so can't donate now. :|

Or maybe someone from the staff can PM me some banking information for within Europe so I can donate without any extra costs, iDEAL payments are great for that IMHO, never had any problems with them. :)

Credit card is not an option since I have some other financial red flags which prevent me from getting one :(
I really would like to donate to help keep this site up and running, I learned so much here about harm reduction/safe use etc. so I can always miss a few euro's :)

peace
BL_peace.jpg
-- Rexeh

Never mind, just activated my PayPal account and sent in a small donation :)

Where has the 'Donations' tab vanished to? When I start work again (whenever that may be) I can make a donation.

If I want to send money through paypal, but without accessing the donation page on bluelight.ru, what email addy do I need??

Ta.

Bluelight could raise money by selling t-shirts with the bluelight logo on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.