Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Film: Margot At The Wedding

tribal girl

Bluelight Crew
margotatthewedding_l200707111540.jpg

A slice of family life: sisters, husbands, children, history, secrets, jealousies. Margot and her teen son, Claude, travel from Manhattan to her family's Long Island home, occupied by sister Pauline, Pauline's daughter, and Malcolm, the slacker Pauline will marry outdoors that week under a tree neighbors want removed. Backbiting marks family discussion, particularly between the sisters and in Margot's cutting remarks to Claude. Pauline tells Margot a secret that Margot promptly tells Claude. Margot dislikes Malcolm tries to undermine him. She also has marital problems and a lover near. People are cruel, inside and outside their families. Is there a refuge for Margot or for Pauline?

http://imdb.com/title/tt0757361/
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_NQobRrZhvo

I'm not a fan of Nicole Kidman, nor am I a fan of Jack Black. But I love Jennifer Jason-Leigh and I loved The Squid And The Whale. So who's seen this and what do you think?. I glimpsed some very mixed reviews and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I'm also a JJ Leigh fan so I'll definitely check this out. I'm going to wait for it to come to DVD though.

Nicole Kidman is a good actress, but she's getting very hit and miss these days. I liked her in The Others.

Jack Black is a reason not to see a film, in my opinion.

I don't wanna wait for the DVD. I always do that and I'm trying to cut down on that sort of thing. I'm trying to make more of an effort to go to the cinema instead. Then if I like the film enough to think I'm gonna watch it more than once, I'll buy it.

Nicole Kidman is a good actress, but I've just never liked her. I enjoyed watching her in The Hours. Maybe I got over the fact that I dislike her because she looked different. So the problem is clearly her face, LOL.

Look at her:

705176.jpg

:|

Oh I agree. She hasn't looked good since Dead Calm -
dead20calm20SPLASH.jpg

and that was a while ago.

I don't know if you've seen Fur, she pulled that film off quite well. It's amazing how different she looks in films then on the red carpet or elsewhere.

You leave Our Nicole alone...

It's not out here yet, but Im looking forward to it. Enjoyed TSATW, Noam Baumbach is good, so this should be okay. The reviews havent been stellar; that being said, I should enjoy it!