Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

reducing jaw clenching

cudds

Bluelighter
when rolling i can normally control my jaw reasonably well and often dont grind at all , but sometimes (depending on the type of pill and how many i have had) i lose control and end up waking up with a really sore jaw( even if i was using gum) i was reading a few different posts and some mentioned taking magnesium before a roll to relax muscles thereby limiting jaw clenches. i was wondering how much magnesium should i take and when i should take it( ie just before rolling or the entire week before the roll) , any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. btw i assume it works just as well if planning to go out on speed as well as pills?
cheers.

I haven't had much experience using it with pills but I find magnesium works great with other stimulants including speed. I usually take 1000mg before taking any drugs and 500mgs every now and then for a few days afterwards; especially before going to sleep (prevent you grinding your jaw to pieces while asleep).

One brand in particular works quite well, I'll look it up later.

thanks hoptis and by the way , do you take that 1000mg an hour or two before you start speeding or the night before?

I don't know about on E but I do it a lot just in response to stress, chewing gum helps...

I just always keep a cig in my mouth for the next time I'm going to smoke one and it prevents me from closing my teeth because of the way my lips hold the cig.

cudds said:
thanks hoptis and by the way , do you take that 1000mg an hour or two before you start speeding or the night before?

About the same time I start taking any stimulant that might cause my jaw to grind.

The bottle I have here is by Ethical Nutrients, Mega Magnesium 500mg, white bottle. I found these a little better than some other brands I've tried for this sort of thing.

i enjoy the jaw clenching feeling when on a roll.

I've tried magnesium a couple times with both MDMA and Meth, never really seemed to help with the chewing. I guess it's worth a shot though.

could try one of them things they give babies when their teething.. the things that go in the freezer or w/e lol

Magnesium does help, I usually have 1000mg just before taking my e, then 500mg later if needed. Blackmore brand. One drawback, gives you the toilet trots the next day if you take more than 1,000 mg

Starburst lollypops ftw :D

I'm pretty sure I buy 2/3 of the conveniance stores lollypop stock every friday night.

IME taking 3mg xanax (medium tolerance) or another benzo as soon a you start coming down greatly reduces jaw clenching

thanks for all the helpful tips , ive picked up some magnesium tablets and will be testing them this weekend. fingers crossed.

just been looking up some extra info on reducing clenching

i've had a massive weekend.
started on thursday morning.. finally slept on sunday afternoon.

i'd heard good things about magnesium from a few people in the scene. so me and my housemates got some and gave it a crack this weekend.

took 2 (100mg each) on sat arvo, within a couple of hours i'd stopped clenching down so hard.
dropped a pill.. and didnt clench at all off it (these kind have made me clench every other time) went to a mates place (left the magnesium behind stupidly)
stayed there til early sunday arvo consuming a lot more things.. around 3am-4am sunday morning the clenching had begun again
after a lot more drugs i found the clenching got really bad. got home and munched down about 400mg worth. went to sleep for a bit. woke up feeling a bit of muscular pain around my lower jaw, when i closed my mouth i noticed it was off center. my teeth were not aligned. about 1cm off to the left. cracked it back in.
now this morning (monday) i woke up in agony. jaw was still sore. and i was still clenching a little ate 300mg magnesium about 30 mins before writing this. and i've noticed a great deal of relief i dont feel the need to clamp down. i'd say the Mg works.

........as a side note...
to those who want to use magnesium,
having sex while on ice, speed, base, meth etc... always get cramps up the back of my leg, some of which are so bad it has made me stop completely.

twice throughout the weekend while still clearly affected by the stuff i'd consumed (after the magnesium tablets)
got not one leg cramp. fucking super :)

Edit- Removed unnecessary content. lil angel15

Last edited by a moderator:
I take magnesium every day....should I stop? And just take it an hour or so b4 rolling?

Slateroz said:
anything...just don't use a fucking chuppa chup!!! LMAO :)

I have reverted to using chupa chups 8(
I discovered that chewing gum makes the problem worse. It encourages jaw clenching. Chupas on the other hand force my mouth to not close and the next day I never have a saw jaw

yep. chupa chups are grouse.
until you get that sharded or pillfucked that you finish the lollypop itself and chew the shit out of the stalk until its flattened right out.

chewing gum always makes my jaw ache a lot more, however when i used to have a tongue bolt it stopped me from breaking/chipping teeth

dummies/pacifiers are alright, but unless you're full candied up, wearing phats. you're just gonna look like a fuckwit.
and within a couple of hours on ice, i've usually chewed a massive hole in one.

i usually apply slight pressure on my jaw on both sides using my thumb and index finger, that stops the chattering
and make sure i stretch it as often as possible.

easiest way to avoid clenching is to avoid stimulants altogether.

if you got tongue/mouth piercings. make sure you wear plastic jewellery in it if your gonna go hard. or even remove it for the night altogether.

I think chewing gum is good for stopping you chewing your own tongue, however it does encourage your jaw to keep moving non-stop for the entire duration of the high (and part of the comedown). Magnesium would seem to be a better solution to the problem by hopefully preventing clenching, rather than "treating" it with lollipops or chewing gum. That said, I haven't had much success with Magnesium, though I have only tried it a couple of times. Only tried 500mg each time, might bust out 1000mg next time.

I find gum prevents me damaging my teeth or accidently chewing my tongue/cheeks apart, but it leaves my muscles really sore from the constant chewing. I also find it gives me ulcers for some reason, anyone have any idea why that is? Also happens when I chew it normally if I have the same amount (a pack over an 8 hour period or so, taking into account what I give away).