• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What ruins an opiate buzz for you?

rogue1

Bluelighter
So im enjoying some hydro and the thought popped into my head- I feel like everyone is always talking about the best ways to enhance an opiate buzz, but what are some things that you think really ruin a good opiate high?

For me-

Eating: I know its probably mostly mental, but I have always felt like the second I take a bite of food im on my way downhill.

Nicotine: The best feeling ever is probably having a cigarette or a good dip, however the second I spit out the dip or chuck the cigarette but I can't help but feel like I lost a little of my high in the process.

Walking: Any physical activity for some reason really distracts me from the buzz.

Those are my major ones, but this is obviously all personal preference. If anyone knows anything that has a negative chemical effect on opiates im really interested to hear.

Harsh or shrill noises just drive me batshit insane when I'm on opiates.

she can

8) MY WIFE BITCHIN......that is the worlds biggest buzz kill..........a person could take a lethal dose of any drug coke, opiate anything..... and 10 minutes of bitchin would bring you back from dead and then right to sober......:!

My loud-ass roommates are for sure obnoxious, but its really something ive worked on controlling. Opiate-Rage used to be a huge problem for me.. but yes I completely agree, someone barging in your room to tell you a bullshit uninteresting story could be the worst thing ever... the bars close in an hour so i have some loud drunks coming my way unfortunately. :X

Loud noises and annoying people are two big ones but talking in general bothers me when i'm on opiates

Stp04 said:
Loud noises and annoying people are two big ones but talking in general bothers me when i'm on opiates

agreed. sit down, shut up, and enjoy the high. people moving around kills my high.

johanneschimpo said:
agreed. sit down, shut up, and enjoy the high. people moving around kills my high.
Hell yeah. people moving around. more so when there at my house. Im like you need something whats going on why u moving around.?

Thats why i enjoy sitting in the living room by myself with a small lamp on relaxing on the couch by myself in silence.

Honestly....sometimes I fall asleep, and then I'm pissed I wasted my high...

I love to lie on my bed opiated and play with my Nintendo DS, also I have the bed aside the wall so I can play by side and push my back against it, its awesome.
Having taken benzos is nice too but it lowers my reflexes and I end up loosing all the time at everything :p

time. if only i could create a rip in the space time continium or somptin and freeze time i could enjoy my high indefinitely.

I would always lose weight when using opioids, simply because I felt that eating would kill my buzz. I thought I was just being neurotic, and it was just my tolerance going up.

emjay said:
Harsh or shrill noises just drive me batshit insane when I'm on opiates.

one of the biggest tells for me is when i can't stand the sound of my computer fan while i'm lying down

Drunk people, have you ever been hitting a nod and suddenly a bunch of your friends drop by, who are piss drunk? Seriously, the loudness, the annoying ness, they're always patting you on the back and knocking shit over. Put a bunch of drunk people around me even if im doing a full 16.8mg fentanyl patch and it will take me from a near fatal high to a feeling like im sick :(