• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

What ruins an opiate buzz for you?

rogue1 said:
My loud-ass roommates are for sure obnoxious, but its really something ive worked on controlling. Opiate-Rage used to be a huge problem for me.. but yes I completely agree, someone barging in your room to tell you a bullshit uninteresting story could be the worst thing ever... the bars close in an hour so i have some loud drunks coming my way unfortunately. :X

opiate-rage know what ur talkin bout, it seemed when i first started taken a good amount of opiates people would wanna just sit down and tell me there fuckin life story which blew my buzz so quick, also turnin me into the hulk green and all

My buzz can temporarily be ruined bt stress caused by anything. Outspoken people, shadiness, being in an uncomfortable environment, etc. Opiates can still make a crappy situation better, but when your life is going good you can feel much more content and high.

BlueEclipse said:
Hell yeah. people moving around. more so when there at my house. Im like you need something whats going on why u moving around.?

Thats why i enjoy sitting in the living room by myself with a small lamp on relaxing on the couch by myself in silence.

Amen to that.

Also, forgetting to take my benadryl till I realize I am itchin' like a mother.

Turning bright red and scratching till it bleeds ... opiates aint my thing!

rogue1 said:
So im enjoying some hydro and the thought popped into my head- I feel like everyone is always talking about the best ways to enhance an opiate buzz, but what are some things that you think really ruin a good opiate high?

For me-

Eating: I know its probably mostly mental, but I have always felt like the second I take a bite of food im on my way downhill.

Nicotine: The best feeling ever is probably having a cigarette or a good dip, however the second I spit out the dip or chuck the cigarette but I can't help but feel like I lost a little of my high in the process.

Walking: Any physical activity for some reason really distracts me from the buzz.

Those are my major ones, but this is obviously all personal preference. If anyone knows anything that has a negative chemical effect on opiates im really interested to hear.
a fellow chewer, soma, diphenhydramine are also really good enhancers

people.
I just wanna be alone when i get my nod on, and anything that enters my 'bubble' will be torn apart and yelled at.
Turn of the phone, the computer and lock yourself in your room, that is how i got the best nods ever.

Then, there are days when i dose and i feel like being around people, but if they talk to me or i am required to talk... well that's just pushing it ;)

Dumb ass people who say and believe dumb ass things about opiates..
"The time release is in the coating."
"OxyContin is wayyyyyyy worse than percocet."
"Theres no way people do over 160mg that shit'll kill you."

Or the worst...
"I dont like the way they make me feel."
YES you do like the way they make you feel, asshole.

NickNitro said:
Or the worst...
"I dont like the way they make me feel."
YES you do like the way they make you feel, asshole.

not fucking true :X There are people who don't like opiates (period)!

brainiacthemaniac said:
I would always lose weight when using opioids, simply because I felt that eating would kill my buzz. I thought I was just being neurotic, and it was just my tolerance going up.

I second that. Although I also don't like eating because I get nauseated as hell, so I try to keep it light just in case I have to puke.

nikol said:
I second that. Although I also don't like eating because I get nauseated as hell, so I try to keep it light just in case I have to puke.

god, i always love the feeling and the relief when i barf up my 20 chicken McNugets, 2 bigmacs, a chicken wrap and a large milkshake =D

I don't know, i normally stuff my face when on opies, and if i feel there is anything going on in my stomach i just take a hit or two from my herb-pipe and it's all quiet again. Then again, barfing feels so great because of the relief it brings with it.

being addicted to them is what ruins my high, infact i havn't been able to get high off of them for quite some time. daily maintenance dose(s) to keep withdrawls away, wasted money, etc etc is pretty shitty. i'm tryng to get off once and for all.

I completely agree with the "wasted money" concept. Nowadays most of my highs are accompanied with regret. It really sucks ass. I need to take a few weeks off so I can get back to remorseless bliss.

What ruins my buzz is my roommate's goddamn cat. I don't mind the cat generally but when that whiny whore starts incessantly meowing outside my bedroom door I want to punt her.