• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Perfect Comedy Exchanges in either Film or TV

L2R

Bluelight Crew
ever seen a scene of comedic genius? you know, one where every single line or action in the entire scene is pricelessly funny?
share it here

from monty python's the meaning of life
MR. HARRY BLACKITT:
Look at them, bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed.
MRS. BLACKITT:
What are we dear?
04-mr-and-mrs-blackitt.jpg

MR. BLACKITT:
Protestant, and fiercely proud of it.
MRS. BLACKITT:
Hmm. Well, why do they have so many children?
MR. BLACKITT:
Because... every time they have sexual intercourse, they have to have a baby.
MRS. BLACKITT:
But it's the same with us, Harry.
MR. BLACKITT:
What do you mean?
MRS. BLACKITT:
Well, I mean, we've got two children, and we've had sexual intercourse twice.
MR. BLACKITT:
That's not the point. We could have it any time we wanted.
MRS. BLACKITT:
Really?
MR. BLACKITT:
Oh, yes, and, what's more, because we don't believe in all that Papist claptrap, we can take precautions.
MRS. BLACKITT:
What, you mean... lock the door?
MR. BLACKITT:
No, no. I mean, because we are members of the Protestant Reformed Church, which successfully challenged the autocratic power of the Papacy in the mid-sixteenth century, we can wear little rubber devices to prevent issue.
MRS. BLACKITT:
What d'you mean?
MR. BLACKITT:
I could, if I wanted, have sexual intercourse with you,...
MRS. BLACKITT:
Oh, yes, Harry.
MR. BLACKITT:
...and, by wearing a rubber sheath over my old feller, I could insure... that, when I came off, you would not be impregnated.
MRS. BLACKITT:
Ooh!
MR. BLACKITT:
That's what being a Protestant's all about. That's why it's the church for me. That's why it's the church for anyone who respects the individual and the individual's right to decide for him or herself. When Martin Luther nailed his protest up to the church door in fifteen-seventeen, he may not have realised the full significance of what he was doing, but four hundred years later, thanks to him, my dear, I can wear whatever I want on my John Thomas,... [sniff] ...and, Protestantism doesn't stop at the simple condom! Oh, no! I can wear French Ticklers if I want.
MRS. BLACKITT:
You what?
MR. BLACKITT:
French Ticklers. Black Mambos. Crocodile Ribs. Sheaths that are designed not only to protect, but also to enhance the stimulation of sexual congress.
MRS. BLACKITT:
Have you got one?
MR. BLACKITT:
Have I got one? Uh, well, no, but I can go down the road any time I want and walk into Harry's and hold my head up high and say in a loud, steady voice, 'Harry, I want you to sell me a condom. In fact, today, I think I'll have a French Tickler, for I am a Protestant.'
MRS. BLACKITT:
Well, why don't you?
04-mrs-blackitt.jpg

MR. BLACKITT:
But they-- Well, they cannot, 'cause their church never made the great leap out of the Middle Ages and the domination of alien episcopal supremacy.

I'm a huge fan of Steve Coogan's "Saxondale". The character is almost the polar opposite of Alan Partridge, in that he has a very keen sense of self awareness and how other's perceive him, but he still has the amazing ability to leave people speechless with his outspoken opinions.

The best examples are the anger management courses he has to attend that make up each episode's opening sequence.

Here is one where he discusses his thoughts on love and hate.

lol yeh not sure if saxondale is going to stand the test of time and be regarded as comic genius but it certainly does make me lol, good enough for me, while looking at the one above I found this one that was particularly funny, saxondale on negotiation =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E11epT9z1Eg&NR=1

Last edited:
Last edited:
i could fill this thread with mr. show clips and script. a few of my favourites:

the audition
the four voices
pre-taped call-in show
blow up the moon
drugachussetts

the audition and the four voices are, for me, just about the most perfect, sublime, comedy sketches ever written. i can't believe i can't find the four voices online somewhere...

i generally don't like posting mr. show sketches in isolation because so much of the genius of the show comes from the segues between the sketches and the themes which run throughout the entire duration of the show.

ideally, the sketches should be viewed in-situ in the episode from which they came. maybe these clips will inspire some of you who don't know mr. show to seek it out.

alasdair

^hehhe "who's the president of china"?

alasdairm said:
i generally don't like posting mr. show sketches in isolation because so much of the genius of the show comes from the segues between the sketches and the themes which run throughout the entire duration of the show.

ideally, the sketches should be viewed in-situ in the episode from which they came. maybe these clips will inspire some of you who don't know mr. show to seek it out.

alasdair

agreed
mr show is fantastic!

one of my favourite exchanges in all of tv. from blackadder's 'ink and incapability' episode (the samuel johnson one):

Edmund: (grabs Baldrick by the lapels) *We* are going to go to Mrs. Miggins', we're going to find out where Dr. Johnson keeps a copy of that Dictionary, and then *you* are going to steal it.
Baldrick: Me?
Edmund: Yes, you!
Baldrick: Why me?
Edmund: Because you burnt it, Baldrick.
Baldrick: But then I'll go to Hell forever for stealing.
Edmund: Baldrick, believe me: eternity in the company of Beezlebub and all his hellish instruments of death will be a picnic compared to five minutes with me -- and this pencil...

:)

alasdair

Belisarius said:
"Intermission" from Kung-Pow:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvMadWgH3Co

Eddie Izzard on British versus American movies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjC3R6jOtUo

Spaceballs' "What the hell am I looking at?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvd3kaupZ60

Three Amigos!: a plethora of piñatas
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6E682C7Jj4

Blazing Saddles: "The sheriff is..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcZ9ku_wInw

:D

? just my opinion but all of them except for the spaceballs one are pretty lame, I thought but maybe thats just me.

Spaceballs was a comedy classic though yeh and I loved the 3 amigos, a couple of other scenes are probably worthy also but that one is classic :D

I'd post the video but it got taken off of youtube recently, but the sketch and song "Get a poke on" (from Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!) was comedic genius as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with ego_loss on It's Always Sunny genius. However, I think you have to watch the show to really "get" why those sketches are so hilarious. It's hard to understand the characters full out without watching entire episodes. I watched a couple videos on youtube before I watched the seasons and I didn't think they were nearly as funny as I do now. My favorite sketch is

Night Man
(Day Man's good too)

Last edited:
Night Man, Day Man and the whole exchange between the two is effing hilarious. Charlie in his Dylan get up, singing his homo-erotic Nightman song... then sitting in his ghetto apartment, huffing paint in his thermals and coming up with Dayman.

That shit is pure brilliance.

The second example i had in mind was my favourite simpsons scene, in season six episode "lisa on ice". I can't find a script or vid to include here, but it starts with lisa and bart fighting with their eyes closed, homer going after the pie with his eyes closed, marge flicking the lightswitch on and off to get them to stop fighting and that they love them equally, and capped off with homer excitedly announcing the two were about to face off and to not go easy on each other/fight for their parents love, and then as he chants "fight fight fight" he flicks the lightswitch on and off.

i fucking LOVE that

Haha! L2R, I like your choices. :)

I quoted that scene in "favorite simpsons episodes" (der..)

AmorRoark said:
My favorites are "Lisa's First Words" and "Lisa the Vegetarian" though I'm not even a Lisa fan. :D I'd also put Who Killed Mr. Burns Pt. 1 up near the top as well.

My favorite scene though comes from "Lisa on Ice" at the start of their sibling rivalry:

Marge: You are not in direct competition with each other! Repeat, you are not in direct competition!
Homer: Hey! Apu just called. This Friday, Lisa's team is playing Bart's team. You'll be in direct competition! And I don't want you to go easy on each other just because you're brother and sister. I want to see you both fighting for your parents' love! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Absolutely love it.

Pretty much the entire film The Big Lebowski.

And since Monty Python is a thread favorite, the Argument Sketch is fucking priceless.