• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

does anyone here "work from home" and make a decent living?

enoughorangejuice?

Bluelighter
Well just curious if anyone on here works from home and if so what do you do?

My neighbor works from home and has a pretty nice house (probably $550-650k).

Just wondering if anyone here does it and what kinda work it involves?

and what do they pay? by decent living i mean anything above minimum wage, seriously.

if i could make $8/hr working from home i'd do it in a second over working in some shitty grocery store or w/e.

peaace

I´m in the process of writing a book. The pay right now is shitty ($0) but the pay out eventually will be worthwhile. Become an artist, but not a serious one, just throw together any old bullshit that is vaguely cute and sell it. Better yet, buy cheaply made "crafts" from China, then claim that the work was your own by adding a 300% markup.

I spend my afternoons watching that show "it takes a thief", and then the following morning when everybody in the nice neighborhood goes off to work me and my buddies walk through throwing a football around and then when nobody's looking, do exactly what that crazy t.v. thief taught me.

I'm in the process of starting to work from home. There's a ton of people that do it and there are some legitimate "Work from home" sites online, though the scams outweigh the real thing (you should NEVER have to pay money to work from home).

If you Google "work from home" or something like that you'll find a lot of forums and such that relate to the subject. Then you can get an idea of what each company is about and weed the scams from the legit opportunities.

I did. I sold diamonds and gemstones from home and made a great living while I was doing it. I don't any more. For someone who's committed, you can make a lot of money. I can't say I was that committed. I just did it to make money for my wifes wedding ring, but kept on for quite a bit longer, though.

I've still got all my connections in Pakistan and India (cutting centers) that I could hook you up with, if you were interested. I think they have the best prices you can find.

I tried re-tooling my business to sell gems to new-agers, but that didn't go well.

the stereotype of the broke new-ager is more than apt.

If you have a trade or are a craftsperson then you can do that trade at home.
I've been working out of the garage for the last 4 years but been self employed for the last 8 years.
You can always compete with the eastern european coding monkeys. You should be able to get 20$ an hour for that.

Working from home ain't all what it is cracked up to be either, I sometimes go without human contact for 2 weeks , gets boring , plus no change of scenery almost. 3/4 of the people I know I speak to online only almost, bit sad I tell ya but keeps me sane.

If your neighbor lives in a home that may be worth half a mil, I don't understand why you would be psyched for a $8/hr job working at home.
Do you live in a box at the end of his driveway? Or you must live with your parents.

Well, my mother works from home and she's landlord. So she basically owns properties and rents them out. We live in Hawaii so land is extremely expensive here, therefore, we're live reasonably well-off.

I've worked from home for 2.5 years now, two different companies though. First one was fucking awesome, I used to get average $25 (aussie) an hour but up to $40 an hour. My current one is crap, only getting about $15/hr on a good day. I get paid to answer people's tech questions over the internet, and I get paid per question I answer. So the pay is variable depending on how busy it is. I got the job through a friend and everyone who has been hired has been through connections like this, so I was lucky.

I play poker for free as a hobby often enough already, Theres a good amount of money to made in the online poker gig, I'm gonna put down a little bit of cash and see how it works out myself. If it turns out good Im pretty sure that will be my source of income. Some dude wrote a thing online about himself doing it for a living, and he makes about $18hr he said you still have to put 8hr-10hr days if you wanna make a living doing it. Then there was some 19yr old on a WPT tournament who made $250,000 in 2007 online. theres cash for the taken, My guess is don't gamble, play smart,aggressive,sure,hands, and it'll work.

yeah.

1. read a few simple books on trading stocks and options or foriegn currencies and set up an account online and get trading

2. if your any good at texas hold em' theres money to be made there

3. do you live in nevada? but you could do incalls from home.

ThatGuy: What's your book about?

I work at home buying property tax liens, acquiring the properties if they don't pay and selling them. Tax lien sale is in a coupla weeks. I'm running my computer programs now and doing research at the County Recorder's.

I hafta leave home a few times a year to attend the sales, research the Recorder (but most of that can be done at home too), inspect properties I own, sign legal papers and go to court to foreclose.

I average $33,333/year lately, with few expenses 'cause I got my house through similar luck/skill/fortune.

That_Guy said:
I´m in the process of writing a book. The pay right now is shitty ($0) but the pay out eventually will be worthwhile. Become an artist, but not a serious one, just throw together any old bullshit that is vaguely cute and sell it. Better yet, buy cheaply made "crafts" from China, then claim that the work was your own by adding a 300% markup.

i'm trying to do both those things!

do i win?

OP, not sure where you're from and how it works in your respective country, but one thing that you might consider is that with a lot of the work from home jobs in the U.S. you'll actually be doing independent contracting so taxes aren't taken out of your paychecks and you'll have to take care of all that on your own.

Some people might think that the hassle of that alone is enough to deter them from trying these jobs out.

Paid online surveys - are they legit?

I was browsing through the net just before and came across paid online surveys. I had a good read, and it all seems like a bit of a con to get people to pay the joining fee.

Does anyone here do/has done online surveys? Did/do you actually make money from doing them? Is it good money?

As good as what they say...?

A part of me feels tempted to try it out, as i am curious but i am still unsure as it all seems like a bit of a con. One in particular the joining fee is $37. That's not much, but i still don't wanna throw $37 away if it's all a load of bullshit.

What are your thoughts?

I was looking at this site: *edit*
Does it seem legit to you?

Last edited by a moderator:
never trust a site that asks you to pay for the opportunity to pull off their scam. also, many of these places require you to get other people to sign up with them in order to make any real money. People sometimes come on to bluelight and try to solicit people to get them as referrals for schemes like this. If that is what this thread degenerates into I will be forced to lock it, as I especially hate people who try to market their crappy get rich quick schemes on BL.

Short version, though, is: no they are not really legit, especially if they want you to pay for it, and any money that you do make will be marginal at best.

Yeah, i thought as much. Sorry i didn't use the search function and realized this has been discussed before. Feel free to remove the thread if you find necessary. I haven't at all started it to gain referrals or anything like that. I actually don't know a thing about them as to why i asked.

:)

I'll leave it up for a bit and see what happens, but I won't stop you from deleting it if you think the question has already been answered.

I feel like i wanna try something different. Are basically all things like this a scam? Like even data entry jobs, etc.

?

I wanna make some extra cash on the side, and i want it to be easy!

Anyone have involvement in anything to do with online work from home??