PDA

View Full Version : (benzos) boost or dull opiate experience?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Cane2theLeft
12-06-2009, 00:34
^I think that a great description, that's exactly how I would describe it.

megawoof
12-06-2009, 00:49
i find iv vallium and opiates a nice experience bit more chilling but like sum one said small amount ofvallium like half a 2ml vial but like people have said yu have to be careful as can be dangerous combination esp in less tolerant dudes

kakti
12-06-2009, 05:08
IME benzos, as well as zolpidem dull the opiate euphoria. I never combine them anymore.

MultiFaceted
12-06-2009, 07:45
Ok so to be honest Im not a big fan of opiates but the few times I have taken Xanax or Valium with Oxy has resulted in a much "heavier" experience. I actually don't tend to get off on opiates when i take them alone (yes i know there must be something wrong with me), but with some benzos added in i feel that the experience is always amplified. Just my personal experience.

J.R.
06-08-2009, 05:54
i have to say this is swims first post just happened to stumble upon it tonight, and as posted in previous post your right when swims supply is low or swim cannot get what he really wants he resorts to this. this is swims first time swim has tried this but about one and a half hours ago swim took 1 1/2 mg of xanax, then about 45 minutes later when the xan's reached peak swim snorted a 15 mg roxi. i have to say nice. swim is not used to mixing but when low it helps. swims tolerance is usually lining up one 80mg oxy and strawing it up the nose so hope this helps.

cripkeeper
27-08-2009, 05:03
I find it's a roll of the dice. I have scripts for lortab 10/500, and klonopin .5. I never take more than one tab, then start with .25 of the benzo and work up. Somtimes I feel really euphoric for a few hours and other times just really sleepy and unplseant. Wish I knew what made the difference...

Opiate 420
27-08-2009, 05:23
I think that benzos can make an opiate high more enjoyable if used at the right doses. If I'm low on opiates I find a a decent dose of benzos does the trick, sometimes. and even if I have a decent amount of opiates sometimes ill take a small amount of benzo just to chill me out a little more, because certain opiates, mainly Oxy, perks me right up, definitely a stimulating high. So sometimes I like to add a little benzo so my high is more chilled out and noddy.

DeucalionAH
21-11-2009, 21:05
This thread doesn't seem to be too old so I'll throw in my $0.02. SWIM absolutely loves a good opiate buzz. the euphoria is unmatched by anything in SWIM's opinion and throwing in a benzo just kills the euphoria. Then again, SWIM has never enjoyed a benzo even by itself until SWIM started on valium for his back spasms. This has served as a miracle drug, but it still kills any euphoria that SWIM might get from his Oxy.

Vader
21-11-2009, 21:12
You don't need to use SWIM here. :) we all know it's you and it makes your posts difficult to read.

skrewler
21-11-2009, 21:34
Pretty much, not to mention that it's pretty dangerous.. I really don't see how anyone can enjoy getting 'high' off of benzos, maybe if you're really tight wound to begin with finally being able to relax or whatever must be nice.

Getting totally hammered is a similar experience to Benzos I guess, except it doesn't just knock you out and make you sleepy. GHB is also much much better than Benzos. Anteretrograde amnesia is so much fun!

Then again, I don't understand people getting high off vicodin, ambien, or whatever else these crazy kids are doing these days. If you're going to use, might as well actually use some good drugs (cocaine and/or heroin). pfft

DopaMan
21-11-2009, 21:37
Stimulating Opioids (well for some people) like hydro or oxy may feel a little more natural with some extra sedation thrown in. Either way the bottom line is: 9 OUT OF 10 OPIOID OD'S ARE IN COMBINATION WITH ANOTHER SEDATIVE!

So Just keep this in mind when mixing fairly high doses and try to be careful when redosing as both benzos and non IV dope (aka eating pills) seem to have fairly poor outcomes when redosed, even at the same original dosage or 150% of the original dose. This is when the binge factor aka "fuck it I'm going home or I'm going broke" mentality comes in and 3 to 4 days worth of shit is wasted.

Good luck and stay sensible!

splenda
21-11-2009, 22:32
The reason why benzodiazepines tend to dull an opioid high is because opioids produce euphoria by working on GABA receptors. Opioids reduce GABA levels to increase dopamine levels in the ventral tegmental area/nucleus accumbens. Using benzos, which increase GABA binding, will reduce the dopaminergic-function of opioids because of this to a certain extent.

I'm not sure if the opioid-mediated dopamine release is based on GABA-B subset antagonism or not though.

DopaMan
21-11-2009, 23:14
The reason why benzodiazepines tend to dull an opioid high is because opioids produce euphoria by working on GABA receptors. Opioids reduce GABA levels to increase dopamine levels in the ventral tegmental area/nucleus accumbens. Using benzos, which increase GABA binding, will reduce the dopaminergic-function of opioids because of this to a certain extent.

I'm not sure if the opioid-mediated dopamine release is based on GABA-B subset antagonism or not though.

You ar delving into some complexy pharmacology but that is a real possible argument. Unfortunately, somehow even benzos increase dopamine (slightly) through a loopy mechanism in the nucleus accumbens (almost 100% of drugs of abuse do).

So maybe letting a benzo kick in first then dosing the opioid would be the best way to handle the situation.

Either way BENZOS + OPIOIDS CAN = EXTREME RESPIRATORY DEPRESSION WHICH CAN LEAD TO DEATH! Please, please be safe. Although junkies I know 6 feet under died due to dosing high on both ends.

PLEASE STAY!!!!

Eight0Eight
22-11-2009, 13:53
I love it.

10mg diazapam and a bag of gear = lush.

drug_mentor
22-11-2009, 13:56
I like to use my opiates sparingly so I do find that a low dose of benzo's makes a low to moderate dose opiate experience better. If you could just take a higher dose of opiates it IS better but benzo's, particularly diazepam (valium), do increase the enjoyment for me without having to take as big of a dose. If you dose the benzo's too high it can dull your opiate high and even if you hit the right dose of benzo's mixed with a moderate amount of opiates its nice but not as nice as a larger dose. It really depends how expensive and easy to source opiates are for you whether its worth your while or not, obviously personal preference will play a big role aswell.

skrewler
22-11-2009, 14:49
I like to use my opiates sparingly so I do find that a low dose of benzo's makes a low to moderate dose opiate experience better. If you could just take a higher dose of opiates it IS better but benzo's, particularly diazepam (valium), do increase the enjoyment for me without having to take as big of a dose. If you dose the benzo's too high it can dull your opiate high and even if you hit the right dose of benzo's mixed with a moderate amount of opiates its nice but not as nice as a larger dose. It really depends how expensive and easy to source opiates are for you whether its worth your while or not, obviously personal preference will play a big role aswell.

You're a complete idiot. Who knew that they would give you moderator privileges for doling out irresponsible drivel?

TheMatador
22-11-2009, 18:52
^^^^^^^

You're a complete idiot. Who knew that they would give you moderator privileges for doling out irresponsible drivel?

Uhh, I think I speak for us all when I say:
Hey, at least his the post answered the OP's question AND gave us some of his insight into the subject of the thread, your post didn't contribute a damn thing.

...And your telling people their idiots?8)

b4rd
22-11-2009, 19:46
imo they definately boost if you're short on opiates, but if you've got plenty of opiates its a bit pointless to take benzos alongside... that said you don't want to overdo the benzos/opiate combination or you'll just fall asleep and it will have been a waste of both substances... and that said i don't really know what i'm talkin about opiates not bein my domain of expertise so as to say...
that sed, nuff sed...

Couldnt have said so better myself.

HighonLife
22-11-2009, 19:48
benzos boost the sedation/fucked up-ness

but benzos detract from the overall euphoria

i dont like benzos with Oxy or Dillies or fent patches, but i do enjoy benzos and hydrocodone or poppin xannies with some codiene prometh syurp also but i dont really like benzos with more euphoric opioids cuz with those i am lookin for a specific feeling ya know

kzorro
22-11-2009, 20:01
I like the extra sedation produced when combining the two, particularly temazepam+heroin

skrewler
22-11-2009, 22:56
All I'm saying is that reccomending someone to use an extremely dangerous combo to 'stretch out your stash' is not harm reduction, it's irresponsible.

A friend died from a Xanax/Heroin combo, as I said earlier in this thread, they found him dead with the needle still in his arm.

More recently I found another old friend had OD'd on a batch of heroin apparently (according to tox screen) cut with temazapam (Santa Cruz black tar). He wasn't used to this batch and to make a long story short he's now basically retarded from being out so long due to retarded junkies afraid to call the ambulance until it was too late.

Not in order to compromise with you guys, but if you have prescription oxy and prescription benzo then it is orders of magnitude less risky, still a really bad idea. Both Oxy and Benzos cloud your judgement, not to mention anteretrograde amnesia from the benzo, perhaps forgetting how much you've already done. It's just reckless.

JustaChippa
23-11-2009, 00:31
Back in my addict days, the only way I could get any sleep at night was to take a little bit of Xanax, as opis have such a "speedy" effect on me. That was a nice feeling, though. Thus, while I would not exactly vote for "boost", I would say that this particular benzo enhanced the opiate effects in a very pleasant way. I never would have taken that combo when I needed to be alert and active, and I also did not care for the effects of benzos by themselves. (This could be because the only time I ever took them unaccompanied by an opiate was when I was in wd, when I felt crappy anyway, so my experience may be colored by that.)

DeucalionAH
05-12-2009, 03:07
You don't need to use SWIM here. :) we all know it's you and it makes your posts difficult to read.

To Yerg:

Thanks for the heads up. As you can tell by the greenlighter status, I'm new to posting. I'm in pain management for chronic back pain and came across this site a few months ago but I finally got the balls to stop lurking and just post. Again, thanks for the courtesy.

woamotive
05-12-2009, 15:24
Right now I have a script of oxycodone (a shitty one-5mg/325mgAPAP) . These are supposed to last me a week. If I take them as prescribed I should be fine. However, me being an addict I want to save them ALL , or most of them as all is impossible (as I Just had my tonsils removed and feel like hell). Maybe it would be an option to take 1/2 my doses and use Klonopin as a booster. I'll try it later on and see how it is.

HdoubleODeezy
05-12-2009, 15:46
The only opiate I use currently is buprenorphine (suboxone). And the only way I can get an opiate like feeling from it, is if I take with a benzo.

Johnny blue
05-12-2009, 17:51
I'm the same way with bupe. Not saying that it doesn't help me without a benzo but, its much better with one.

woamotive
05-12-2009, 18:41
Are you two (above) referring to any benzo in particular ? Or just benzos in general ?

HdoubleODeezy
05-12-2009, 18:59
any benzo would work but i take diazepam and SOMETIMES phenazepam

thatbird
05-12-2009, 20:07
Personally.. I don't like mixing the two. Benzos are an overpowering buzz for me. They cancel out any high i've ever tried to combine with whether it be marijuana, opiates, speed. Only thing they work good with is alcohol.

I've always found that benzos just kill my opiate buzz and thats disappointing, considering its by far the most enjoyable buzz for me.:)

PetSMiLE
05-12-2009, 20:12
Not so much overpower as dull... as the OP so adequately stated. Strong opies are better off on their own and the benzos on their own or with bupe or something. Be careful with the alcohol mix thatbird people die from overdoing it when the black out...

dredmentia
10-12-2009, 05:32
It depends on what your looking for. Benzos certainly increase the NOD, but, in my experience, diminish the rush of IV use, and diminish the euphoria of oral opiates like Oxycodone. But they 100% without a doubt increase the sedation.

Captain.Heroin
10-12-2009, 12:40
It depends on what your looking for. Benzos certainly increase the NOD, but, in my experience, diminish the rush of IV use, and diminish the euphoria of oral opiates like Oxycodone. But they 100% without a doubt increase the sedation.
Some benzos aren't as sedating but can increase euphoria when taken with opiates. Most people's favorite benzo is xanax, and trust me when I say that there are better benzos that can be procured.

I'm not ragging on Xanax, it's OK, but it's not my favorite, nor in my top 3.

Billy Mays
10-12-2009, 16:49
A good klonopin + hydro/oxy is my favorite fucking combo ever. Maybe its because I do actually have a decent sized anxiety disorder and opiates kill my anxiety and benzos kill my anxiety and that = euphoria for me. Add in the opiate euphoria and damn I can't wipe the grin off my face. I don't see how people can't like the combo, but maybe its because I'm such a big benzo fan that I couldn't NOT like the combo.

Now I pretty much only take opiates with klonopin to make it last longer since I only get a few pills a month. I keep low tolerance and my perfect ration is about 30-35mg hydro + 1-2mg klonopin or about 20-25mg oxy + 1mg klonopin.

dredmentia
10-12-2009, 18:15
Yeah Captain H, my friend who went to Guatamala said benzos are over the counter there, and he was coming up with names I never heard of. I think he said his favorite was Mogadon (Nitrapazam). Ive only had the pleasure of trying the "Big 4" in America, Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, and Ativan, and I can say without a doubt Klonopin is my favorite. However, before I had any type of benzo tolence/habit, valium was my favorite. Xanax I find depressing. But after abusing xanax and klonopin which are very potent, I don't even feel valium unless i take like 150+....sucks because it used to be by far my favorite.

dredmentia
14-12-2009, 04:54
Honestly, once being dependent on benzos (taking 6 mg of Klonopin a day for 3 years) which is wht im prescribed, if I run out and start withdrawing, and it gets past 2-3 days, I dont even feel the opiates when I take them because the benzo withdrawal takes over everytthing. So I feel gthat if you are dependent on benzos, and you take your regular dose, then you will feel the opiate of choice the same you would feel it if you werent dependent on benzos and did that same opiate dose. But if i took like, 3-4 sticks of xanax on top of my daily 6 mg of klonopn, id sure as hell be nodding out harder on that than I would on the klonopin alone.

triiper
14-12-2009, 05:06
dulls the shit. i haven't done it very often but with clonazepam and xanax i felt it definitely took away the euphoria significantly. i do remember with a bromazepam though i would just get really fucked. it wasn't like clonazepam or xanax to be honest. once i took 24mg of bromazepam and some oxy and i was SO gone.

Free_Man**
14-12-2009, 12:50
i used to enjoy taking - Dihydrocodeine with Libirum (chlordiazepoxide)

one night i took 60mgs librium
120mg Dihydrocodeine

then t + 40 mins

60 mgs dihyrdrocodeine

then t + 1 hr 10 mgs nitraz

this combo was FTW

( i had some rum later on as well.... highly irresponsible)

i felt great ... although i dont remmeber it all very clearly... ;)

for the purest opiate high id say avoid benzo's but if u want to put a bit more a sedative edge on it , and create a bit more of a more fucked up feeling and generally out of it and doped - then try a SMALL dose of benzo

OP the reason u prob found valium better (as well as the fact that u were less tolerant) is that compared to xanax , ativan etc - valium is quite mild.... so u didnt destroy the opiate buzz (by releasing to much gaba on to dopamine terminals and killing dopamine release rate.... yadda yadda - science bit LOL )

DangoBill
14-12-2009, 16:28
If you want a boost for opiates, try Benadryl.

Diphenhydramine (benadryl) is a chemical with a million and one uses, it makes a great opioid potentiator.

lostPixels
27-01-2010, 21:41
Last night I mixed 30mg of oxy (split, snorted half, oral dosed half) and snorted 1mg of Xanax, then chased it with a beer. I think this was a bad combo... Today I am still nodding off and I can't fucking help it. Plus I got zero sleep last night, which makes me even more tired.

Anyone with more experience that can tell me how dangerous this was? I don't intend on doing it again, I should have done research before I tried it :X

WSB15
27-01-2010, 23:44
Personally I thought they kind of dulled the experience. They'll make you nod more. Whether that's a good or bad thing is up to you. I was in college when I was strung out on opioids, so most of the time I preferred an energetic, productive, euphoric high. Nod-inducing highs weren't any more euphoric to me. This is all personal preference though...most people would prefer a noddy H high to a relatively stimulating OC high. I didn't really like mixing opioids with anything, whether it was xanax, stimulants, alcohol, etc. Anything else made it less enjoyable.

phall tour
28-01-2010, 02:30
in your experience do benzos, (or certain ones) boost, or dull your opiate's effects?

i've noticed that xanax and klonopin seem to dull the effects and valium seems to boost, or go nicely along with some oxy/hydrocodone. ativan is better than xanax or klonopin + opiates, but not as good as valium IME's....

IV valium + IV morphine = amazing
IV oxycodone + oral klonopin/xanax = decent, but those two benzos (which i happen to use most often) seem to add little to nothing to the opiate high...

so many of the people I love have died this way it makes me sick. im sure its been said a million times in this thread but it is something I feel I have to say
WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD IS VERY DANGEROUS PLEASE BE CAREFUL BE SAFE!!

mad love Kimmy, billy, Dirty, shoty, Amy, D, thad, discO WE'LL NEVER FORGET<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

BIGsherm7272
28-01-2010, 02:33
Depends on the benzo for me. Xanax is too sedating and will overtake the opiate buzz, whereas diazepam is very euphoric and not too sedating, and will usually potentiate opiates greatly for me.

DangerChamber
28-01-2010, 04:07
Tried xanax with oxy. Hated it. Was in nod land for about 2 hours and no euphoria to back it up. So i was essentially just sleepy. :\

opiate_hug
18-02-2010, 09:25
oxycodone kicks ass. i love playing my guitar while sitting in the woods..its freakin magical

mikeavelli
18-02-2010, 10:48
Why do tons of people love mixing Methadone + Xanax or some other benzo. I didn't see methadone+benzos mentioned once in this thread??? Whenever I take methadone and xanax I get so fucked up and nod and feel great, but thats just me...

megawoof
18-02-2010, 11:55
i like using vallium amps say 2ml=10mg with smoking heroin but if im using oxy no as i find oxy stimulating fast high and vallium blunts it suppose depends on which opiates as differents ones have different highs

b4rd
22-02-2010, 03:15
i personally like how opiates feel alone.

But, when i take benzos, i like to have opiates with them lol.

aBurningFire
06-02-2011, 19:16
it has been proven that in my body, benzos will increase the "drowsiness" that comes with an opiate but will dull the euphoria and high dramatically. if i come across some percocets while i'm on kilonopin i will sometimes wait a full 24 hours before i dose with the perc because thats how much i find the benzos kill the opiate experience. also... smoking weed before i dose with an opiate will almost completely stop me from feeling the opiate... but if i take some percocets and wait an hour for them to kick in and then go smoke a bowl and a cigarette it works as the best opiate potentiator i have ever tried.... odd

dotdoc
06-02-2011, 19:30
Only a few of you mentioned dosages. I can see why a benzodiazepine + opiate combination could result in the former overpowering the latter; I think this is reason enough (not to mention the potential death from respiratory depression) to lower the dosages of both drugs consumed.

I have had great success with dosages (low-moderate benzo tolerance; naught-low ope tolerance; orally administered) such as 1.0mg clonazepam or 5mg diazepam in combination with 15-20mg oxycodone, 90-150mg codeine, or a low dose batch of poppy tea. The benzodiazepine and opiate combination worked in blissful harmony to produce a unique euphoria.

In my opinion 25-50mg diphenhydramine is a must 15-20 minutes prior to administering most opiates purely to treat the histamine itch. A bit of white grapefruit juice is nice too.

The Doctor

BlueLightBeam
06-02-2011, 20:16
Boost for me. I'm prescribed a couple xanax bars a day, and they help any opiates I take (which of course is also every day.) They also help immensely with subs. In fact, Suboxens just don't work as well without a complimentary benzo, imho.