Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Illicit tablet market in Victoria, 2004-2007

Tronica

Executive Director
Staff member
This bulletin was recently released by NDARC in collaboration with Victoria Police. Data on tablet seizures over this time period is presented. I'll comment later after I've had a good read... but thought I'd let you all know it's out there!

Here are the key findings:

The illicit tablet is still a major contributor in the illicit drug market in Victoria, representing approximately 40-50% of all illicit powder/tablet seizures in Victoria.

MDMA was the dominant drug within illicit tablets between 2004-2007.

Among tablets for which MDMA was the dominant drug, more than half of these seizures were tablets where MDMA was the only active component.

There has been an increase in the percentage of tablets that have no drug in recent years.

Among tablets which do contain a substance, there has been an increase in the percentage of pills that contain more than one drug.

There has been a decrease in the average MDMA purity among tablets that do contain MDMA.

There has been a less frequent detection of methylamphetamine in tablets between 2004-2007.

Purity is another key variable when considering the composition of an illicit tablet; however given that these substances are manufactured in an illicit environment it must be acknowledged that the purity will vary across batch across time.

The current bulletin reaffirms that the drug market is dynamic and this needs to be remembered.

Tronica said:
This bulletin was recently released by NDARC in collaboration with Victoria Police. Data on tablet seizures over this time period is presented. I'll comment later after I've had a good read... but thought I'd let you all know it's out there!

Here are the key findings:

wow.

the ave purity of 2007 mdma is only 25% !

and the ave purity of 2007 meth is 7% !

i honestly thought "purity" would of been much more higher.

anyhoos....with no government standards being placed on MDMA tablets/meth....honestly what does one expect? at the end of the day....these results come as no real surprise.

It was reported on here a little while ago that Vic police said "there is no ice epidemic in VIC" Simply because everything they have seized was at most 15-25% purity as opposed to the 80% stuff when ICE first hit the streets.

Basically it's all shit now and they're not overly worried.

That is kinda true...it is nothing like the old days...i think tightened board security/detection has a lot to do with that.

These reports would be worth printing out in large numbers and taking with me when i go out in the city.

"Oh bro, these bickies i've got, pure MD mate, 100% MD, i know the cook."

Hand said report to the fluoro wearing head-band toting metro idiot, and silence will hopefully ensue.

=D

I hate drug ignorance.

I've been saying this for 2 years now and no one believes me

police arent worried because the drugs going around are less pure??

dealers havent made things any cheaper

average cost of whizz has risen in the last few years
same with pills really..

right.. so when real users need to spend more and more to get a rush
then they turn to crime to support the habit

who loses out?

so much for protecting the public

any pill user thats got more than 3 years experience will tell you how weak the shit goin round lately actually is

comparing anything to the blue dolphins i had a few years ago, nothing comes close.

fuck i remember saying the green apples i had back in 2003 were medium dose, and they would easily shit all over anything ive had lately.

but yeah, decreased purity, increased cost...
its gonna lead to trouble for the cops more than they realise.

Thanks a lot for posting this tronica! There are some very interesting results. The purity levels were definitely of interest to me, I had always suspected they were low, but never that low. That said, these results are only from seizures, it's always possible that there is higher quality stuff going around that isn't seized.

On the topic of purity levels, though it was surprising to see everything so low, it was also interesting to see that there wasn't a great deal of variance between earlier years in terms of quality (despite what many users might say!) . The average quality of MDMA in 07 was 25%, compared to 28% in 06. Going back a little further, things did seem a tiny bit stronger at 35% in 05 and 33% in 04.

The maximum purity levels were also of interest - with levels almost being the same in 07 as in 04 (61% compared to 62% respectively). That said, 05 and 06 did have higher levels, at 75% and 72%.

Another point of interest was that the average quality of meth, despite being relatively low at 7%, was also over twice as much as the previous year, which was 3%.

The multi-drug composition graph was also quite interesting to me. In 04, meth and ketamine were the predominant adulterants. In 07, adulterated pills consisted almost entirely of MDA or MDEA, in addition to the primary ingredient, MDMA.

Sort of reminds me of that latest movie with Russell Crowe - American Gangster, where Denzel Washington (bad dude) blew away all other types of heroin in New York b/c his type was the purest for what was around and therefore got all the business. if only some 1 would produce a constant stream of reliable pills. :( (Yes I know the arguments for cost and when a good type is produced and then copied with lower quality, but I do live in hope).

s.

Immortal Teknique said:
These reports would be worth printing out in large numbers and taking with me when i go out in the city.

Hand said report to the fluoro wearing head-band toting metro idiot, and silence will hopefully ensue.

=D

I hate drug ignorance.

LOL

Thanks Tronica for this information.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but the purities reported are only for drug found in "tablet" form, meaning that the average amount of meth in a pill is 7%, not the average amount of meth in anything sold as meth.

The findings are obviously still relevant for ecstasy, but not particularly for meth, as the vast majority of meth is bought and sold in powder or crystal, not tablet form.

No worries, I thought it would be of interest to everyone!

To clarify, you are right vanth - this isn't relevant to meth/ice/crystal/speed purity, this is just in relation to 'pills' or the illicit tablet market, as they call it.

I was also intrigued by the difference between adulterants found in 2004 compared with 2007 - I guess I don't perceive MDA/MDEA as much of an adulterant, it's all just MD really. So the 2007 figures, when interpreted that way, actually look like pills are much more often MDxx than before. That is, most of the MDMA combo pills in 2007 were MDMA with another MD substance, rather than K or methamphetamine.

As peaked mentioned, these are analyses of police seizures. They don't necessarily represent what is out there. In fact, drplatypus's study on SA pills comparing samples from a rave with SA Police seizures, found they were completely different batches - not much cross over even though they were obtained from a similar location at a similar time.

In fact this makes sense in a way - I'm speculating here, but you'd think that the drug smugglers/dealers who get caught would have different sources from those who don't get caught. Wonder if those who never get caught have better connections, more pure products. If only there was a research study into that ;)

Tronica said:
No worries, I thought it would be of interest to everyone!

To clarify, you are right vanth - this isn't relevant to meth/ice/crystal/speed purity, this is just in relation to 'pills' or the illicit tablet market, as they call it.

I was also intrigued by the difference between adulterants found in 2004 compared with 2007 - I guess I don't perceive MDA/MDEA as much of an adulterant, it's all just MD really. So the 2007 figures, when interpreted that way, actually look like pills are much more often MDxx than before. That is, most of the MDMA combo pills in 2007 were MDMA with another MD substance, rather than K or methamphetamine.

As peaked mentioned, these are analyses of police seizures. They don't necessarily represent what is out there. In fact, drplatypus's study on SA pills comparing samples from a rave with SA Police seizures, found they were completely different batches - not much cross over even though they were obtained from a similar location at a similar time.

In fact this makes sense in a way - I'm speculating here, but you'd think that the drug smugglers/dealers who get caught would have different sources from those who don't get caught. Wonder if those who never get caught have better connections, more pure products. If only there was a research study into that ;)

This is so true. I reckon the shady characters who deal for money to supply their own habits are more likely to get caught than people dealing decent stuff who dont partake in their product. Id be interested to see the results of the contents of dr platypus's pills.

Immortal Teknique said:

=D

I hate drug ignorance.

waahhahaahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahah
i fucking hate muzzas

thanks for the lol
and thanks tronica for the info.

its funny, just earlier i was sayin to my mate on msn that both 2007 and 2004 seemed like shit years for pills.
just based on what i'd eaten alone.
statistics back it up too.

not suprising really..

of course people would be willing to pay more for a really strong pill
if you only need to eat one to get fucked up, and if you had to pay say x for it..
its better than having to eat 6 at x each.

fingers crossed the purity and quality levels for 2008 are better than the overall poorness of most the 2007 bickies.

[EDIT: No prices. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
stuff made here is going to be shit and the purity is getting lower cause the police are actually making a dent in the drug trade.

If it was easy to get chems etc to make stuff then price would drop and purity would increase.

It's very hard to get anything into the country unless the right people are paid off etc.

Its just not worth importing anymore as you all hear about these big busts from people trying to import shit , & with the really expensive xray equipment thats being used now doesn't help either ...

[EDIT: Inflammatory content. hoptis]

Last edited by a moderator:
tony mokbel said:
Times have obviously changed though, 50mg mdma pills are getting called HIGH MDXX by new users and you really can't base what's out there anymore from PR.com because people are not that committed anymore to posting good and reliable information.

you cant blame them though, because unless the person doing the report knows first hand exactly how much mdma is in a given pill, the high med and low mdxx tags shouldnt even be there because they are totally subjective. If i have pills that im looking up on pr.com, and find them, this is generally an attribute thats worth ignoring...

I can't really comment on the state of PR as of recently as I havn't used pills in a few years. But the rating of a pill has always been subjective - theres always been first time users that will say their pill is the strongest and cleanest thing ever. Luckily these reports are usually picked apart in the comments section.

I have found ratings to be particularly useful if there are multiple reports on the same pill and all the users found them to be of a high strength. In the end of the day though, most users perception of strength will only be based on current ranges of pills, so even tho there aren't any super strength 150mg e's going around, if a user posts reports on a variety of pills then one can get an idea of which are the stronger of the current pills available.

tony mokbel said:
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=285943&highlight=bust

It all flows back to this I think, it's obvious that was the mother load. BUT pills still make it into Australia, don't kid yourself that they don't. They are just imported from Canada and they are much much weaker than what we had come to expect and get from Europe. Times have obviously changed though, 50mg mdma pills are getting called HIGH MDXX by new users and you really can't base what's out there anymore from PR.com because people are not that committed anymore to posting good and reliable information.

couldn't agree more,
i've gotten pills that i've seen rated as a high dose of MDxx in 2007, and at best i would describe them as mild and needing 2 or 3 to get a decent peak.

2006 the info was a lot more reliable..
white turtles - MDxx high... and they certainly were :)

pills for the most part of 07 were rubbish,
the reasons for the lack of quality, who knows. maybe the chemicals are not only harder to obtain...
but.
the cost of milk, petrol, foxtel, etc etc has gone up
whats to say the cost of chemicals hasn't also gone up.
inflation affects everything, and for a cook to continue to turn over the profits, he/she is either gonna need to raise his prices or use his/her ingredients more sparingly.

you don't actually think they make these things thinking about peter popper who is actually eating these things do you?
its to make cash.
some of us work, some of us manafacture ecstasy...

i do hope its due to a shortage of chemicals, and i hope they find some.

i've gotten to the point where i'm over pills because i'm sick of getting mild ones that do... fuck all.

i'd rather eat some acid and trip out, at least i know thatll work :p

maybe that $540 million bust was the start of 2007's bad pills? or a big push